Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sabres OUT on Babcock

Quote Originally Posted by ljjr21 View Post
    Check the free agent rules reguarding college players. If he goes back to school after being drafted,He can refuse the contract being offered and declare free agent status after 30 days.Currently going on in Columbus with Mike Reilly.It's not like they can get into a bidding war over him.He still has to sign an entry level deal.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...st-free-agency

While you're correct on what could happen, I have read in multiple places and enough that I just don't think it's a rumor....that Mr. Eichel does not have the grades to go back to school. He was a pure 1 and Done.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    While you're correct on what could happen, I have read in multiple places and enough that I just don't think it's a rumor....that Mr. Eichel does not have the grades to go back to school. He was a pure 1 and Done.
    If they diden't think he had the grades,They wouldn't have named him captain for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Yeah, I remember how much we abhorred the Bills when they were going to Superbowl's....
    They booed Bruce Smith, they booed Jim Kelly, they booed Thurman Thomas,....they loved Doug Flutie who was a cancer wherever he played.

Quote Originally Posted by ljjr21 View Post
    Check the free agent rules reguarding college players. If he goes back to school after being drafted,He can refuse the contract being offered and declare free agent status after 30 days.Currently going on in Columbus with Mike Reilly.It's not like they can get into a bidding war over him.He still has to sign an entry level deal.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...st-free-agency
    If he goes back to school the Sabes keep his rights for 4 years as long as he stays in school.

Wait this is college hockey at Boston University, not college basketball at Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    They booed Bruce Smith, they booed Jim Kelly, they booed Thurman Thomas,....they loved Doug Flutie who was a cancer wherever he played.
    Wow, dude..... Alzheimer's creeping in?
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Wait this is college hockey at Boston University, not college basketball at Kentucky.

Does it matter?

Notre Dame is a school where even the best of the best have trouble getting in but football players with questionable grades are admitted. Student athletes are not representative of the students at any university or college.

Eichel has been projected as the #2 pick behind McDavid for a couple of years. His development has been mostly in the US National Team development program. Going into last year he knew he was going into the draft and could have played anywhere. Two options were:

> Play in the OHL with a team like Erie...where you live with a billet family and in Erie PA. You play against better competition and have better teammates but you're still in Erie PA.
    > Play for Boston University, where you're at a school of college kids in one of these best college cities in the US. You have you're own dorm and more freedom and instantly become the top man on campus as a Frosh.

If I was 18 I would have done the same thing as Eich.

Wow, dude..... Alzheimer's creeping in?
    Which part...booing the big 3 or worshipping the malignant Flutie? Both are true no matter how much you try to put it behind you now.

Does it matter?

Notre Dame is a school where even the best of the best have trouble getting in but football players with questionable grades are admitted. Student athletes are not representative of the students at any university or college.

Eichel has been projected as the #2 pick behind McDavid for a couple of years. His development has been mostly in the US National Team development program. Going into last year he knew he was going into the draft and could have played anywhere. Two options were:

> Play in the OHL with a team like Erie...where you live with a billet family and in Erie PA. You play against better competition and have better teammates but you're still in Erie PA.
    > Play for Boston University, where you're at a school of college kids in one of these best college cities in the US. You have you're own dorm and more freedom and instantly become the top man on campus as a Frosh.

If I was 18 I would have done the same thing as Eich.
    Not only are players of questionable academic ability routinely admitted at ND but they have a well established "program" set up to slide them through. The NCAA lacks the balls to challenge the Golden Dumbers on this so it goes on year after year with the school making occasional sacrifices to keep people off their backs. That qb and the others last they threw under the bus last year come to mind. And rarely has a college coach skated on the death of a student assistant as ND's did couple years back. And it's my understanding that at many if not most D1 schools the 4 year graduation rate for athletes and no athletes doesn't vary all that much. Except at Kentucky for basketball.

Not only are players of questionable academic ability routinely admitted at ND but they have a well established "program" set up to slide them through. The NCAA lacks the balls to challenge the Golden Dumbers on this so it goes on year after year with the school making occasional sacrifices to keep people off their backs. That qb and the others last they threw under the bus last year come to mind. And rarely has a college coach skated on the death of a student assistant as ND's did couple years back. And it's my understanding that at many if not most D1 schools the 4 year graduation rate for athletes and no athletes doesn't vary all that much. Except at Kentucky for basketball.

You're a complete moron and have no understanding of what happened at ND.

You're a complete moron and have no understanding of what happened at ND.
    Which issue don't I understand? The qb getting caught cheating a couple years ago? The 3 players caught cheating last year? The booster scandal from a few years back that was swept under the rug after they threw some female booster overboard and blamed the whole thing on her? Or Coach Kelly sending some poor kid up in an observation tower to film practice during gale force winds and having the kid plunge to his death as a result? Please, enlighten me.

Which issue don't I understand? The qb getting caught cheating a couple years ago? The 3 players caught cheating last year? The booster scandal from a few years back that was swept under the rug after they threw some female booster overboard and blamed the whole thing on her? Or Coach Kelly sending some poor kid up in an observation tower to film practice during gale force winds and having the kid plunge to his death as a result? Please, enlighten me.
    You're a moron so I won't bother correcting you on all of these but since this thread is about a head coach I'll pick that one.

The death of Declan Sullivan was tragic and he should not have been up in the lift. But to suggest the head coach of a football team would be responsible for management of a student on the A/V team is equal in stupidity to blaming the head coach of the Bills for your beer being flat. They simply are not connected.

The A/V team at ND is its own entity that produces a product that the football team along with other sports use. This group is made up of employees of the University and students. Outside of this horrific incident happening at a football practice, there is no connection that a reasonable or enlightened person would make. The only people who do make this claim are idiots like yourself. Either out of dislike for the school or just being morons. Since it appears you hate everything equally, I'll just chalk it up to you being a moron.

If people want to try and blame Brian Kelly, they would have to show he was in full control of every single aspect of every item connected to the players and coaches on his staff. This obviously is a fools errand. But I take the hypothetical a step further to further illustrate how you're wrong. If Brian Kelly was responsible for the death of Declan Sullivan, it would then be true that he had the power to make decisions over anything connected to the program. If that was the case, no football player would have ever been suspended for grades. Because kids were suspended for grades it's clear that Brian Kelly has to let other folks at the University do their job.

Lastly, you and anyone else who says 'that kid' when talking about Declan is an a**hole. If you're going to try and make BS claims and use his death as a basis...at least have the respect to use his name. Dick.
    Last edited by leftWNYbecauseofBS; May 27th, 2015 at 03:52 PM.

It's almost comical how easy it is to get under the skin of Noter Dame fans. Of course they suspend the ones who get caught for cripes sake. If they let it be known they were allowing academic fraud and weren't going to do anything about it the NCAA would have to do something even though it's Noter Dame. As long as they keep the lid on the NCAA never investigates. Everyone involved implicated Kelly in the kid's ...er Declan's death. He could've stopped it had he wanted to by suspending practice during dangerous weather conditions. God, how I love you golden homers! Think the Sabes will hire Bylsma? Or are you a Tedfy Nolan apologist?

Which part...booing the big 3 or worshipping the malignant Flutie? Both are true no matter how much you try to put it behind you now.
    When did they boo?? When Kelley was just handing off his first year?? When Bruce held out in training camp or when Thurman jumped ship to Miami?

As for Flutie, I hated him. No one else ever seemed to pay attention to how he got worse and worse each game
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

When did they boo?? When Kelley was just handing off his first year?? When Bruce held out in training camp or when Thurman jumped ship to Miami?

As for Flutie, I hated him. No one else ever seemed to pay attention to how he got worse and worse each game
    Actually, I don't think Thurman jumped ship; he was released, wasn't he? They were all booed at various times. Of course they look damned good in hindsight when your team has a winning season about once a decade. In addition to being a lousy qb Flutie was a pain in the locker room which was probably more destructive than his mediocre play.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information