Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sabres OUT on Babcock

Sabres OUT on Babcock

Babwatch gone went to Tonto... Did you really think he was going to come here?
    50mil over 8 years plus he can work over the GMs head much like rex of the bills wiley has no say what he does he answers to money bags

listening to the bull frog when the news broke.. bull frog said that whole crew at the harbor center must be walking into walls right about now.
    Babcock cashed in on his status as the most coveted hire in hockey. According to multiple reports, he received an eight-year deal that is worth a whopping $50 million. That contract would make Babcock the highest-paid coach in the NHL.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/12...ock-head-coach
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

This is further proof that east of Akron and west of Eden this area is a backwater, despite the antic assertions of the News that we're a destination. I'm sick of hearing what a coup it was to get Rex Ryan...his record at the Jets was putrid, try to spin it any way you like! His father, his brother and he are a bunch of overrated loudmouths and never were anything else. This area is a destination for loser "millenials" coming back to live in mommy and daddy's basement and mooch off them while they spend every day at Starbucks or Spot Coffee pretending to be "freelance" web designers or something.

Both of you are morons when it comes to talking about sports.

The only proof that exists is that Toronto is willing to break the bank at any cost to get a HC they wanted. Previously the highest paid coach was Joel Quenneville at $2.75M. The Babcock deal is for $6.25M a year but reports are saying the first 3 years are at $8M a year before it tapers off. Toronto made an offer that could not be refused but also one that Pegula should not have tried to match. This has nothing to do with the perception of Buffalo. Idiots.

To your point on people coming back to Buffalo...while the value of 'millennials' can be debated, the one thing that is not up for debate is just how awful your generation was and is. You ran WNY into the ground and now that the world has passed you by you're too poor to move anywhere else. You have no choice but to sit at home on your 15 year old dell running Windows XP and listening to the small town talking heads on WBEN in your Corsica.

While everyone is entitled to be angry, your sad circumstance is the reality that you can't do much about the location of your lot in life. The most exciting decision you have in front of you is if you're going to splurge on getting the green carpet laid down in the 80s steam cleaned before the summer and how many cookouts of Sahlen's you can host without worrying about your bank balance.

That millennial that you dislike...the one who can afford a Starbucks every day and works when they want to not because they have to, they have options and that just must eat you up inside. If they are a freelance web developer it's only because the majority of business for them is outside of WNY. They get to enjoy all of the great things of WNY without being tied down to the burdens created by your generation.

So gloat all you want about the Sabres missing out on a quality coach. In the big picture, at least for people with more road ahead than behind, it's going to be OK.

Actually, I can afford Starbucks but I just don't like their coffee. And the loser millenials work when they want to only because they're mooching off the parents that you show such contempt for. I will agree that far too many parents are enablers in this regard. The same parents who were helicopter parents continue to "mother hen" kids who should be booted out on their ass. As for the aspirations of the millenials it says all one needs to know that they're the ones pushing for $15/ hour wages at Mcdonalds so they can spend their lives pumping out happy meals and not have to test themselves with real professional responsibilities.Fortunately, my kids found jobs, one here the other out of town and stand on their own two feet instead of constantly running back home.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Actually, I can afford Starbucks but I just don't like their coffee. And the loser millenials work when they want to only because they're mooching off the parents that you show such contempt for. I will agree that far too many parents are enablers in this regard. The same parents who were helicopter parents continue to "mother hen" kids who should be booted out on their ass. As for the aspirations of the millenials it says all one needs to know that they're the ones pushing for $15/ hour wages at Mcdonalds so they can spend their lives pumping out happy meals and not have to test themselves with real professional responsibilities.Fortunately, my kids found jobs, one here the other out of town and stand on their own two feet instead of constantly running back home.
    You seem to think mocking a generation I am not a part of matters to me. It also does nothing to deflect just how pitiful yours is.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    You seem to think mocking a generation I am not a part of matters to me. It also does nothing to deflect just how pitiful yours is.
    I don't give a sh*t if you're a millenial or not and I don't give a sh*t what you think of my generation. And what's this weird hangup you seem to have over green carpets and how often they're steam cleaned?

Both of you are morons when it comes to talking about sports.

The only proof that exists is that Toronto is willing to break the bank at any cost to get a HC they wanted. Previously the highest paid coach was Joel Quenneville at $2.75M. The Babcock deal is for $6.25M a year but reports are saying the first 3 years are at $8M a year before it tapers off. Toronto made an offer that could not be refused but also one that Pegula should not have tried to match. This has nothing to do with the perception of Buffalo. Idiots.

To your point on people coming back to Buffalo...while the value of 'millennials' can be debated, the one thing that is not up for debate is just how awful your generation was and is. You ran WNY into the ground and now that the world has passed you by you're too poor to move anywhere else. You have no choice but to sit at home on your 15 year old dell running Windows XP and listening to the small town talking heads on WBEN in your Corsica.

While everyone is entitled to be angry, your sad circumstance is the reality that you can't do much about the location of your lot in life. The most exciting decision you have in front of you is if you're going to splurge on getting the green carpet laid down in the 80s steam cleaned before the summer and how many cookouts of Sahlen's you can host without worrying about your bank balance.

That millennial that you dislike...the one who can afford a Starbucks every day and works when they want to not because they have to, they have options and that just must eat you up inside. If they are a freelance web developer it's only because the majority of business for them is outside of WNY. They get to enjoy all of the great things of WNY without being tied down to the burdens created by your generation.

So gloat all you want about the Sabres missing out on a quality coach. In the big picture, at least for people with more road ahead than behind, it's going to be OK.
    haha.. who ran this area into the ground? you say my generation... the politicians and they still are.. also i just bought a place in florida ft meyers area.. 1800sq ft home. taxes a year $850.00 a year. hope to spend 6 months a year down there then long term will be all the time. I have a lot of money..

What's behind the genius of the NHL's most sought-after coach? It's simple, really: He hates to lose. then I guess thats why he didnt pick here..
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/m...perfectionist/

You know nothing about my life and frankly it's none of your business. But I must admit that your post about green carpet etc was comically idiotic. It's a bit like one other poster who "insulted" me by saying I hadn't parallel parked since the Nixon administration. I actually use that line with others now when they tick me off. I will say that it usually leaves them with a puzzled look. But yours is even better because I can parse it into a whole series of idiotic comebacks. Let's see..."oh yeah...well why don't you go get your green carpet steam cleaned" or "how many cookouts with Sahlen's hotdogs can you afford, a-hole" or " oh yeah, well your mother uses a 15 year old Dell using Windows XP". That last one should really rile all the millenials supposedly flocking here, especially the ones still living with mommy. Some of you people really do crack me up.

People need to stop acting like the guy won 10 cups. He won one with a team that had a stud center in his prime(Pavel Datsyuk) and a Stud Defensemen(Nicklas Lidstrom). Right now,The Sabers don't have either.Hell,They don't have a legit NHL backup goalie let alone a starter.This team may not compete for anything but a spot at the bottom for the next few years.

Well, I think he is a damned good coach but you're right about the one Stanley cup. Of course the last time I looked that was one more than the Sabes have. And he had success before the winged wheels, even though no cup. There are other good coaches out there. I think Eichel is the real deal and so is RR ( I can't spell his name!) at D. They'll take some time but they're gonna be good. At least with Sabes they aimed high. Look at Bills where they settled for blabber mouth loser, Rex Ryan. And so far at least, the Sabes don't seem to be seeking out future felons as draft picks.

I don't think he would have lasted here. Just from the way it was let out about how Murray was vetoing Nolan's call ups from Rochester and how he didn't let Nolan in on any of the trades he pulled off. I don't think Murray would give up the player movement to and from Rochester.Is Eichel the real deal? Maybe.But,Who's to say he signs here.He could stay in school for another year and then declare himself a Free Agent. Tim Murray really didn't endear himself to the guy after the lottery.

Actually, the Sabes have Eichel's rights if they draft him whether or not he goes back to school. But I agree that Babcock probably wouldn't have lasted here. This is an area that abhors excellence and adores mediocrity in its professional athletics. I don't blame Murray for excluding Nolan. Had it been me, I wouldn't have let Nolan into the building, never mind giving him a role in decision making.

Yeah, I remember how much we abhorred the Bills when they were going to Superbowl's....
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Actually, the Sabes have Eichel's rights if they draft him whether or not he goes back to school. But I agree that Babcock probably wouldn't have lasted here. This is an area that abhors excellence and adores mediocrity in its professional athletics. I don't blame Murray for excluding Nolan. Had it been me, I wouldn't have let Nolan into the building, never mind giving him a role in decision making.
    Check the free agent rules reguarding college players. If he goes back to school after being drafted,He can refuse the contract being offered and declare free agent status after 30 days.Currently going on in Columbus with Mike Reilly.It's not like they can get into a bidding war over him.He still has to sign an entry level deal.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...st-free-agency

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information