Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sabres OUT on Babcock

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Actually, I don't think Thurman jumped ship; he was released, wasn't he? They were all booed at various times. Of course they look damned good in hindsight when your team has a winning season about once a decade. In addition to being a lousy qb Flutie was a pain in the locker room which was probably more destructive than his mediocre play.
    Kelley got booed because of coaching, Bruce because of Management and Thurman because of a stupid helmet
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

It's almost comical how easy it is to get under the skin of Noter Dame fans. Of course they suspend the ones who get caught for cripes sake. If they let it be known they were allowing academic fraud and weren't going to do anything about it the NCAA would have to do something even though it's Noter Dame. As long as they keep the lid on the NCAA never investigates. Everyone involved implicated Kelly in the kid's ...er Declan's death. He could've stopped it had he wanted to by suspending practice during dangerous weather conditions. God, how I love you golden homers! Think the Sabes will hire Bylsma? Or are you a Tedfy Nolan apologist?

You're not under my skin. You're just an idiot.

I will acknowledge that whenever there is a tragedy or academic problem at ND it is almost always the fault of the A/V Dept. Everyone is well aware of the sway that A/V carries under the golden dome!

I will acknowledge that whenever there is a tragedy or academic problem at ND it is almost always the fault of the A/V Dept. Everyone is well aware of the sway that A/V carries under the golden dome!
    Idiot.

Wait this is college hockey at Boston University, not college basketball at Kentucky.
    Read the ruling in there.If he goes back to school for another year and then declares he leaving to turn pro,The sabres have 30 days to get him signed. If he refuses,He goes unrestricted free agent and can sign where he wants.It'll still be an entry level type deal. Murray should have kept him mouth shut the day of the lottery.

Not only are players of questionable academic ability routinely admitted at ND but they have a well established "program" set up to slide them through. The NCAA lacks the balls to challenge the Golden Dumbers on this so it goes on year after year with the school making occasional sacrifices to keep people off their backs. That qb and the others last they threw under the bus last year come to mind. And rarely has a college coach skated on the death of a student assistant as ND's did couple years back. And it's my understanding that at many if not most D1 schools the 4 year graduation rate for athletes and no athletes doesn't vary all that much. Except at Kentucky for basketball.
    BU hockey is damn near on the same level as ND football. Those Schools on the east coast are the closest to the Minnesota Universities when it comes to Division 1 hockey.And show me a D1 school that doesn't have a "Program" the help the student athletes through.

Quote Originally Posted by ljjr21 View Post
    If he goes back to school for another year and then declares he leaving to turn pro,The sabres have 30 days to get him signed. If he refuses,He goes unrestricted free agent and can sign where he wants.It'll still be an entry level type deal. Murray should have kept him mouth shut the day of the lottery.
    Have read several places that he does not have the grades to even go back for a second year.

Also, this vine is pretty funny.

MUST WATCH: Jack Eichel slams Bud Light after saying '#Buffalo, I'm coming for ya' #TankForEichel

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Have read several places that he does not have the grades to even go back for a second year.

Also, this vine is pretty funny.

MUST WATCH: Jack Eichel slams Bud Light after saying '#Buffalo, I'm coming for ya' #TankForEichel
    That vine was making the rounds before Murray opened his mouth.Tim Murray suffers from being basically a jerk.His 2 uncles are the same and neither will take the blame for anything and it looks like Tim is headed down that path. Like I said,If BU didn't think he had the grades,they wouldn't have jumped and made him captain for next year.

Idiot.
    Is ND's basket ball coach pretty much the only person left using brylcreme? A little dab'll do ya!!

Like I said, if BU didn't think he had the grades, they wouldn't have jumped and made him captain for next year.
    IDK.

He was selected as 1 of 3 assistant captains but I get your point. Everything that I have read is that 1) He loves playing at BU and 2) He has like a ~1 GPA.

IDK.

He was selected as 1 of 3 assistant captains but I get your point. Everything that I have read is that 1) He loves playing at BU and 2) He has like a ~1 GPA.

The only place I could find anything on his gpa was wgr and a few fan blogs. If he did have a 0.9 gpa and on academic probation,He wouldn't been allowed to suit up until he brought it up to a 2.0.The only way the info about his gpa gets out is if he released it. Doubt BU would risk the lawsuit if they leaked it.

The only place I could find anything on his gpa was wgr and a few fan blogs. If he did have a 0.9 gpa and on academic probation,He wouldn't been allowed to suit up until he brought it up to a 2.0.The only way the info about his gpa gets out is if he released it. Doubt BU would risk the lawsuit if they leaked it.
    Not quite.

Academic Probation

A student is put on Academic Probation when s/he is in danger of not making sufficient academic progress toward his/her degree, having fallen below a 2.00 GPI or GPA or not completed 12 credits in a semester. Students are reviewed after one semester on Academic Probation. Those who earn a GPI and GPA of 2.00 or above and complete 12 credits during the probationary semester will return to Good Standing. Those students who do not achieve Good Standing (as defined above) during the probationary semester will move to Academic Suspension, Dismissal, or a second semester of Academic Probation, as determined by Sargent College.

A student notified of being placed on academic probation should make an appointment with an Academic Counselor in the Academic Services Office, Room 207 to discuss these procedures by calling 617-353-2713 or via email sarugrad@bu.edu. Students can be on Academic Probation for no more than two consecutive semesters. Academic Probation does not prohibit students from participating in extracurricular activities or intercollegiate athletics.

Going further, all NCAA rules start looking at the student in year 2.

Two consecutive semesters at Boston University results in Academic Suspension. Suspension does prevent students from participating in intercollegiate athletics. It's possible Jack tanked his entire first semester but was still allowed to play.

But you're right. All of the claims about his GPA are on the interwebs, so it should be taken with a grain of salt.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information