Thread: Buffalo businesses say Ninja Turtles shoot helped sales

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Buffalo businesses say Ninja Turtles shoot helped sales

Buffalo businesses say Ninja Turtles shoot helped sales

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB)- The bright lights of Hollywood have left downtown Buffalo now that crews have wrapped up filming the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.

The film was expected to bring at least $7 million to Buffalo. The state is still calculating exactly how close the city came to that number but restaurants told News 4 they have definitely been busier over the last few weeks.

“They had a lot of really big colorful costumes on and they ordered a lot of slices of pizza,”said Kevin Lake, Prima Pizza Pasta general manager. “They actually had trouble carrying it because they had large costumes on.”

Lake said they had a 5 to 10 percent increase in sales over the last two weeks.
    http://wivb.com/2015/05/19/buffalo-b...-helped-sales/

First off I think this is cool this happened in Buffalo.

How does the state estimate this was a $7,000,000 boost?

Hotels also saw an uptick in business. Before film crews arrived, the Buffalo Niagara Film Commission told us there were at least 3,000 hotel nights booked but by the end of the filming that number reached 3,500 hotel nights.
    How many people were involved in the making of the movie?

The story mentions 500 extra rooms booked. If each room averaged 1.5 people that would be 750 people. 7,000,000 / 750 people = $9,333 spent per person. Even if the 500 rooms had 2 people per room that would be 1000 people. 7,000,000 / 1000 = $7000 spent per person.

How long were the crews of people in town?

Anyone have an idea how many people came into Buffalo specifically to work on filming the video?

Do they calculate the loss of money existing residents had with extra traffic time created when the 33 was shut down to film?

The state computes that number by picking one that looks the best for Il Duce. Come on, I thought everyone knew that!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I don't think the state can just make up numbers as they feel like it. That would basically be misleading everyone.

Do the film companies pay like a "road" rental for the time they spent on the 33?

Do they pay any fees directly to the state/town where the filming occurred? Did Cheektowaga or Buffalo have to supply any police officers to shut the 33 down? If so who foots the bill for that?

You don't think the state can make up the numbers? New in town?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I know they can lie and mislead. Pretty sad for a group of elected officials to do that. Shows you the type of character they have.

noun
    Character

1. the aggregate of features and traits that form the individual nature of some person or thing.
    2. one such feature or trait; characteristic.
    3. moral or ethical quality:a man of fine, honorable character.
    4. qualities of honesty, courage, or the like; integrity:It takes character to face up to a bully.
    5. reputation:a stain on one's character.
    6. good repute.
    7. an account of the qualities or peculiarities of a person or thing.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I still think filming in Buffalo is very cool. We have excellent architecture and I really don't see any possible negatives to filming in Buffalo. Well as long as all expenses are covered like police cost and damages.

Thread Information