Thread: How did the indoor baseball building work out?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

How did the indoor baseball building work out?

So how did the indoor baseball practice building work out?

If I remember correctly they were going to do fund raising so it was self supportive.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    So how did the indoor baseball practice building work out?

If I remember correctly they were going to do fund raising so it was self supportive.
    From personal experience, fantastic.

Able to start baseball practice with snow on the ground.

This week's one hour batting practice is $2 a player; ten players, $20.
    And that is just for one slice of the facility.

Advertiser, sponsor, and donor names abound.
    I would assume it is self sufficient and then some...
    I would also assume that it is cheaper to maintain than an ice rink.

Since it's on public land, it should be available for everyone to use at those prices.

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    Since it's on public land, it should be available for everyone to use at those prices.
    There is plenty of money paid on the front end - cash, fund raisers, raffles, commitments to work concession stands...

But there are youngsters using the facility that are not involved with the little league...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Will the public be able to review the books to get an actual idea how it's working out?

There is supposed to be time available for non league players/residents - that was promised when the project was being sold to tax payers who funded it.(it was funded by Lancaster Resident Tax Payers)

They should also be sending financial reports to the Tow Board. You should be able to ask the Town Clerk for this info or request the Town Board present the info to the public at a meeting.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

the particulars of the arrangement precede my involvement with LD baseball but as i understand it...the building is funded and operated by the LD baseball who i believe holds the mortgage for it. it is available for rent for all at publicized rates. there is an agreement to hold a certain number of hours for the town, however that use would need to be coordinated through the town (rather than individual citizens claiming they have a right to use it at no cost, which was not the arrangement). there are many programs operating in the facility outside of the little league.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    the particulars of the arrangement precede my involvement with LD baseball but as i understand it...the building is funded and operated by the LD baseball who i believe holds the mortgage for it. it is available for rent for all at publicized rates.
    Where are these publicized?

there are many programs operating in the facility outside of the little league.
    Such as?

There is a links on the Lancaster baseball page where you can see the availability and reserve cages. The busy time in there ends as the season gets started.

There are birthday parties in there, LD soccer has been in there, Hugh school sports teams have used it, there are fitness classes, late night wiffle ball leagues, softball scrimmages, all sorts of different things.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    There is a links on the Lancaster baseball page where you can see the availability and reserve cages. The busy time in there ends as the season gets started.

There are birthday parties in there, LD soccer has been in there, Hugh school sports teams have used it, there are fitness classes, late night wiffle ball leagues, softball scrimmages, all sorts of different things.
    This is an outrage!! You mean to tell me that taxpayers have to reserve time and can't just walk in anytime and demand immediate unqualified access to their facility, no matter who is using it at that particular moment? Even if a thousand taxpayers want to use it at the same time they should be able to just because!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    This is an outrage!! You mean to tell me that taxpayers have to reserve time and can't just walk in anytime and demand immediate unqualified access to their facility, no matter who is using it at that particular moment? Even if a thousand taxpayers want to use it at the same time they should be able to just because!
    Well Mr Extreme,

People realize you would have to scheduled time.

If it's basically a "non-profit" sports rental business why would property/business owners have to contribute to it?

Umm, maybe because a certain amount of time is reserved for the town? Nah, that can't be it; it has to be a taxpayer ripoff. It should be closed immediately to limit taxpayer obligation or it should be turned over to unfettered taxpayer use. That'll teach 'em!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Reserved for the town how?

Does the town council need to practice baseball? The people in the highway department have a baseball team?

If they are more or less self sufficient cost wise no harm. But on the other hand why should a baseball rental business be subsidized by any town? Just asking. Can I ask for a public subsidized shooting range be built? They can't say no. The town board said yes to this.

lancaster residents are already the primary users and beneficiaries of the facility. the majority of the league (by far) are lancaster residents, and those involved with the league are by far the biggest users of the facility. the way i understand it there was/is an agreement with the town for time outside of the league, but the town would be responsible for organizing it. if the facility would just hold some time for anyone in the town, it would just end up being used by town residents already involved in baseball already who are already there all the time.

Thread Information