Thread: Sabres lose out in draft lottery.

Sabres lose out in draft lottery.

Do we win anything in this area when it comes to sports? "The Sabres lost all season on the ice, so it’s little surprise they lost a lottery, too"

The Oilers bucked the odds Saturday night in Toronto by winning the NHL draft lottery for the No. 1 pick. The Oilers had an 11.5 percent chance of winning based on their 28th-place finish this season. At 20 percent, the Buffalo Sabres had the best odds to win.
    Despite the continuing run of bad luck, Buffalo will select in the top five for only the second time since 1987. They took Thomas Vanek fifth overall in 2003.Buffalo became the 13th last-place team in 19 lotteries to lose the weighted contest. Florida finished at the bottom last year, but Colorado won the lottery to bump the Panthers to second. They’ll get the top spot this year.

“Very good day for the Panthers,” said Travis Viola, the vice president of hockey operations.
    SCARBOROUGH, Ont. – Tim Murray’s expression didn’t change as NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly unveiled the Florida Panthers as the winners of the draft lottery. The Sabres’ general manager had played out the scenarios in his head during the drive north from Buffalo, and he figured someone would leapfrog his last-place club and draft first overall.

He was right. The Sabres lost all season on the ice, so it’s little surprise they lost a lottery, too.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Oilers have had 3 #1 picks in the last 4 years, I think it is, and they still suck. No matter who we get, Eichel or whoever, he better be ready to step in and play, not languish in Rochester
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

What if Jack Eichel decides to stay in college. Would his rights remain with the Sabres?
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Oilers have had 3 #1 picks in the last 4 years, I think it is, and they still suck. No matter who we get, Eichel or whoever, he better be ready to step in and play, not languish in Rochester
    I believe 4 number 1s in the last 6 years for Edmonton. Eichel will play. If he stays in college the Sabres still retain his rights till he's ready to play. He is a very good player.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

It was fixed and don't think Eichel will come here he will play college instead of going Pro; he will spend at least 3 seasons in Rochester if he went Pro before seeing Buffalo ice therefore, Sabres lost big time again, Fixed. also the buffalo Fan base would be very selfish if they try to force Eichel to come here instead of obtaining his college education especially in this day and age, just saying.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

McDavid is what the sabres needed to build this team around but then again there not much of a team. All the hype for months from the media about its a sure thing we get this guy, there is no such thing as a sure thing when it comes to professional sports in Buffalo. My view on Eichel not the guy they wanted, he could be ok but not a superstar, and has a long way to mature to be a pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post
    What if Jack Eichel decides to stay in college. Would his rights remain with the Sabres?
    Yes they would.

Quote Originally Posted by Ileftchktg View Post
    McDavid is what the sabres needed to build this team around but then again there not much of a team. All the hype for months from the media about its a sure thing we get this guy, there is no such thing as a sure thing when it comes to professional sports in Buffalo. My view on Eichel not the guy they wanted, he could be ok but not a superstar, and has a long way to mature to be a pro.
    It was never about McDavid and always about guaranteeing at least the second pick. No idea where you heard otherwise. Eichel is a stud, probably more suited to start in the NHL now than McDavid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    It was never about McDavid and always about guaranteeing at least the second pick. No idea where you heard otherwise. Eichel is a stud, probably more suited to start in the NHL now than McDavid.
    Correct and Eichel is also a year older which means he is a year more ready to play.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Thread Information