Thread: Bad Grand Jury Decisions Inspire Black-Crazy Behavior by Cops Nationwide

Bad Grand Jury Decisions Inspire Black-Crazy Behavior by Cops Nationwide

by Chris Stevenson

By now most of you know about the North Charleston, SC police officer Michael Slager, a highly-troubled southern white cop that was caught in the act of his history of abusive incidents. Slager shot a black man named Walter Scott (50) who was laid to rest just yesterday. Scott’s encounter with Slager started during a traffic stop on Saturday April 4th, 47 years to the day after Martin Luther King was shot in Memphis very possibly by an MPD named Earl Clark. The more things change. Read more...

www.thebuffalobullet.com

Great story circulating today. Turns out Slager was shot with the Taser BY SCOTT after a protracted fight which started when Scott ran away from the traffic stop.

Not the more things change...its the more you know.

http://threepercenternation.com/2015...h-taser-darts/

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    Great story circulating today. Turns out Slager was shot with the Taser BY SCOTT after a protracted fight which started when Scott ran away from the traffic stop.

Not the more things change...its the more you know.

http://threepercenternation.com/2015...h-taser-darts/

b.b.

This looks interesting. Nobody is saying guys like Scott were choirboys, just victims of some pretty blatant overkill. Beware of the right adding their own BS to these stories.

Bob, Are there circumstances that allow a police officer to shoot a fleeing suspect? I am pretty sure there are.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    Bob, Are there circumstances that allow a police officer to shoot a fleeing suspect? I am pretty sure there are.
    Of course there are. They are governed largely by two USSC decisions, Tennessee V Garner and Graham v Connor. Under Garner a suspect must pose an IMMINENT threat to the safety of the officer or others. At the time of the decision, Tennessee law allowed for the use of deadly force on ANY felon running from the police under any circumstance. It only needed to be a felony crime. The court held that that alone was not sufficient under the 4th Amendment (understand that the taking of a life is considered a seizure by the government) the suspect must pose an IMMINENT threat to the officer or others. Now what exactly is imminent is usually decided by the courts AFTER the fact, but typically if a suspect has a weapon, has used it or threatened its use, and his escape will mean he could use it further, then stopping him with deadly force will be legal.

Graham imposes limits on the use of deadly force based on the nature of the crime and the nature of the resistance. The easiest example would be using a TASER on a fleeing suspect, for example a shoplifter. A TASER is considered "less lethal" but should you taser a runner in a shoplifting case in a Walmart parking lot and the suspect falls to the ground, hits a curb and dies or is permanently disabled from the fall, the courts are going to look at whether the force used was consistent with the crime and the governments need to stop the activity. You fight me, looking to hurt me or escape, I tase you and you fall and die would be looked at differently.

Scott taking Slager's taser and apparently deploying it, though it does not appear it was discharged, could justify the use of deadly force by the officer. The question remains, once the taser waqs dropped or slapped from his hands and he begins to run away, whether or not shooting him was justified.

The other thing I was taught long ago is force incidents are not still pictures, they are movies. Actions that justify a use of deadly force must be justified at the MOMENT it is used and in the courts is judged by the officers reasonable perceptions AT THAT MOMENT and not viewed in hindsight.

I'm still not comfortable with what I saw in that short video, taser or not. Then again, I don't have ALL the information yet either. I probably never will unless I become a resident of SC and get picked for his jury.

b.b.

Nobody seems to be talking about why he ran.

Scott was wanted for failure to pay child support. An issue that is responsible for putting one eighth of all of South Carolina’s inmates behind bars. According to his older brother, Scott had no intention of going back. Rodney Scott told MSNBC,

“He said that’s what he would do, he would run, because he’s not going to jail for child support.”

Scott had already been jailed three times for failure to pay child support, and he didn’t want to be sent to prison again. From what I have read, Scott had 4 kids and was taken to the cleaners by his ex wife over support payments and the courts decided it was better to throw this guy in jail multiple times rather than help him keep a job. In a tense moment...he made a poor choice to run and according to his brother a premeditated.

Of course that does not stop the machine from going to work.

"All of us have seen the video," the Rev. George Hamilton, the minister at W.O.R.D. Ministries Christian Center, told an overflow congregation. "There is no doubt in my mind and I feel that Walter's death was motivated by racial prejudice." Authorities have not said whether race was a factor in the shooting.

Hamilton no doubt is one of those race baiting leeches that also go by the name 'preacher' and he could just not help himself to make this into a race issue. Similar to the resident race baiter of SpeakupWNY.

Now you have the issue of the officer on video doing what looks like planting the taser. At worst, that is another poor choice made in a tense moment but at least we know it wasn't premeditated.

Carry on.....

A. These blacks that keep getting killed are all scumbags of one form or another. It's unfortunate, but that seems to lessen the outrage over the shootings.
    B. what cop isn't aware that there are cameras everywhere?
    C. There needs to be a better screening process for cops, and there is no place for affirmative action in the hiring process. I know this cop was white.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    A. These blacks that keep getting killed are all scumbags of one form or another. It's unfortunate, but that seems to lessen the outrage over the shootings.
    B. what cop isn't aware that there are cameras everywhere?
    C. There needs to be a better screening process for cops, and there is no place for affirmative action in the hiring process. I know this cop was white.

People incapable in any way, shape or form of caring for children should be sterilized regardless of skin color. A vasectomy could have prevented all this..

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank View Post
    This looks interesting. Nobody is saying guys like Scott were choirboys, just victims of some pretty blatant overkill. Beware of the right adding their own BS to these stories.
    Beware of the left adding their own BS to these stories. Wouldn't you agree my statement is also true?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Beware of the left adding their own BS to these stories. Wouldn't you agree my statement is also true?
    If there was a glut of left-wing takes on these incidents yes. Even with video-recorded proof, the left aren't taken as seriously. Trend nowadays is to say the incident wasnt racist.

Thread Information