Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lackawanna Council Debate

Lackawanna Council Debate

The committee for the Citizens of Lackawanna’s Future will be sponsoring the first “All Candidate” public debate consisting of the first, second and third ward council candidates on October 22, 2009 at 7 P.M. at the Father Baker Knights of Columbus located at 2838 South Park Avenue, Lackawanna.

We are asking all citizens who have concerns and issues within these wards to participate in this gathering. This is the time to make an informative decision on the candidates of your ward prior to casting your vote in the upcoming council election.

Post Candidate Night Tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    The committee for the Citizens of Lackawanna’s Future will be sponsoring the first “All Candidate” public debate consisting of the first, second and third ward council candidates on October 22, 2009 at 7 P.M. at the Father Baker Knights of Columbus located at 2838 South Park Avenue, Lackawanna.

We are asking all citizens who have concerns and issues within these wards to participate in this gathering. This is the time to make an informative decision on the candidates of your ward prior to casting your vote in the upcoming council election.
    Please Come Tonight!--Bring a Neighbor!Make an Educated Vote!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Please Come Tonight!--Bring a Neighbor!Make an Educated Vote!
    OMG sorry I missed it. I havent checked the site for the date and time. I had a chuck e cheese fundraiser in Amherst but i would have left early to have been there. Im so sorry!!!! I hope good questions were asked and answers were given. I know Andrea has plans for Lackawanna but I've never heard what the others have planned for lackawanna....would be nice to actually know they had a plan. Please people dont just jump on a popularity bandwagon, i hope your making your decision on the facts and not just what your neighbor may be voting for. I know my vote is going to the strongest fighter. I would never vote for someone just because they are the same religion as me, race as me or sex as me......please think good and hard before you vote this November. You are an individual and remember who you vote for is your business...no one needs to know but you so dont worry about not following the crowd....if all they know your on their side. Do whats right for Lackawanna......Let ANDREA fight for what we truely need....no one will ever put up a fight like she would!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The citizens of Lackawanna should be EMBARRASSED that the candidates of their wards who CLAIM to care so much about them couldn't/wouldn't take the time to meet with them to answer their questions and concerns tonight. PATHETIC! The only two candidates that showed up were Andrea Haxton (1st Ward incumbent) and Dennis Mulqueen (3rd Ward Candidate). The Woman League of Voters even said the others were pathetic. There were many citizens who showed up and the men who want their votes couldn't be bothered??? Speaks VOLUMES as to how much they REALLY care about the people of Lackawanna. Keep shunning the people....the very people who pay your salaries. The citizens of Lackawanna DESERVE MUCH BETTER!!!

Post Ditto!

I still can not believe that both of my opponents were no-call/no-shows for the Citizens Public Debate at Father Bakers' K of C. What happened, fellas?
    Were you BOTH sick and your batteries died on your cell? WOW! I am in shock but being the professionals that we are --the show went on as the saying goes! Dennis and I, and the Women's League of Voter's gave the citizens who took their time to attend a mini seminar of the boys club family and friends plan and how they keep citizens/employees in bondage to "the Party" and answered their many questions off the cuff!

As far as the 3 people mentioned by toms who I lost as friends ----hahahaha !

Please, I, well........I , well.......HAHAHA! Go to bed, your medication must be wearing out!

debate

As a concerned voter I decided to attend the debate last night @ the knight of columbus. All I can say as a citizen of lackawanna I am ashamed of my councilman and the other councilman who did not attend. This is a disgrace. You say you are for the people yeah right if u were for the people you would have shown up and answered the questions we the people wanted answers to. You sit and judge Miss Haxton the !st ward councilWOMAN well boys who showed up and faced her people. As for this newcomer Mr. Mulqueen I think he has a lot of interesting ideas to move this city into the future that the children deserve, for they are really the future of this city and are the people you work for too. As a voter I am really going to think long and hard who i am going to vote for on election day other voters should too.
    Last edited by mnb811; October 23rd, 2009 at 11:20 AM. Reason: spelling error

Many things were discussed at this meeting. One of the things that made an impression was when Andrea stated that Lackawanna has been run by the same families for a very long time. I hope everyone remembers those words and passes them on to everyone they know. Lackawanna citizens need to really think about that. Nothing will change in Lackawanna, if we keep letting the same families control our City.

Andrea and Dennis, you did a great job! Please keep up the good work, it really is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    I still can not believe that both of my opponents were no-call/no-shows for the Citizens Public Debate at Father Bakers' K of C. What happened, fellas?
    Were you BOTH sick and your batteries died on your cell? WOW! I am in shock but being the professionals that we are --the show went on as the saying goes! Dennis and I, and the Women's League of Voter's gave the citizens who took their time to attend a mini seminar of the boys club family and friends plan and how they keep citizens/employees in bondage to "the Party" and answered their many questions off the cuff!

As far as the 3 people mentioned by toms who I lost as friends ----hahahaha !

Please, I, well........I , well.......HAHAHA! Go to bed, your medication must be wearing out!
    You are definitely the one who needs medication. Are you bipolar or just nuts.

Did you learn those terms at BRY-LIN???

There is a rumor going around the City by the guys who didn't show up last night. They seem to think that the debate was a set-up!! Yep, the League of Woman Voters is a complete farce!! You guys are a JOKE!! The funniest thing about them running around saying it was a set-up is that Geoff Szymanski COULD HAVE spoken right to the League Monday night at the Council meeting when a phone was presented to him AFTER he tried to tell the gentleman from the Citizens of Lackawanna's Future that he was lying about the moderators. EGG ON YOUR FACES.....ALL OF YOU!!!! SHAME on you!!!

Also, there are some other candidates that have said that they were TOLD not to go....by whom??? Their OWN CHAIRMEN!!! SAD, SAD CITY WE LIVE IN!!!!

The voters were set up.We were denied the opportunity to see OUR candidates answer OUR questions. My eyes definately have been opened by this event. It was a slap in the face and an insult to me. How can city hall say it was a set up? They obviously are afraid of questions. The only set up was obviously the chairman who told their people not to show. It's nice to see that Mr. Mulqueen ignored this directive and did what he thought was right.
    Last edited by mnb811; October 24th, 2009 at 07:08 AM. Reason: add

Dennis is his own person as he has stated before. At least we know he is true to his word that he will work for the people of our city.....not like the rest of the self serving, egotistically men that are there now!

There is a rumor going around the City by the guys who didn't show up last night. They seem to think that the debate was a set-up!! Yep, the League of Woman Voters is a complete farce!! You guys are a JOKE!! The funniest thing about them running around saying it was a set-up is that Geoff Szymanski COULD HAVE spoken right to the League Monday night at the Council meeting when a phone was presented to him AFTER he tried to tell the gentleman from the Citizens of Lackawanna's Future that he was lying about the moderators. EGG ON YOUR FACES.....ALL OF YOU!!!! SHAME on you!!!

Also, there are some other candidates that have said that they were TOLD not to go....by whom??? Their OWN CHAIRMEN!!! SAD, SAD CITY WE LIVE IN!!!!
    A SET UP?? What kind of set up? Did they think the citizens were going to have a lynching party? Paranoia like that usually is an indication of a guilty conscience or drug use. Which makes me wonder, are our elected officials drug tested? But then again their drug of choice is usually alcohol. Sadly, being a drunk is not considered being on drugs. Go figure.

They are really trying to make Andrea and Dennis look bad. Grasping at straws to get a connection with the both of them. Everyone knows how they go around gossiping about Andrea. So now they are trying to toss the two together, using their ill feelings about Andrea to put a bad reflection onto Dennis. We really haven't seen anything that they are willing to do to win an election......doesn't matter to them how much it costs either.....that will be coming next. I am sure there are promises for $, jobs, etc. Basically they will sell their own souls for a vote and use the citizens in the meantime and then forget about the citizens right after the election. Proven time and time again!!! That is the set up!!
    Last edited by cath829; October 24th, 2009 at 11:01 AM.

They are really trying to make Andrea and Dennis look bad. Grasping at straws to get a connection with the both of them. Everyone knows how they go around gossiping about Andrea. So now they are trying to toss the two together, using their ill feelings about Andrea to put a bad reflection onto Dennis. We really haven't seen anything that they are willing to do to win an election......doesn't matter to them how much it costs either.....that will be coming next. I am sure there are promises for $, jobs, etc. Basically they will sell their own souls for a vote and use the citizens in the meantime and then forget about the citizens right after the election. Proven time and time again!!!
    Dennis has views that differ from Andrea in certain areas. They each have their own individuality. Thank God Andrea and Dennis are not clones like Polanski, Jaworski, Kulczyk, Schiavi & Szymanski.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information