Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Crime Reports

what r u talking about ?

You don't know how many crimes weren't committed because a Cop drove down the street. There is no way to know how much Police presence has done. A call has to be made in order to respond. Are Cops suppossed to read the minds of criminals to thwart their efforts ? Wow. You really can't be that stupid. You expect a bit too much I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Deerhunter
    You don't know how many crimes weren't committed because a Cop drove down the street. There is no way to know how much Police presence has done. A call has to be made in order to respond. Are Cops suppossed to read the minds of criminals to thwart their efforts ? Wow. You really can't be that stupid. You expect a bit too much I'd say.
    Sounds like the same thing I've heard before, "unless you can tell me ahead of time where a crime is going to be committed, STFU!"

Do I know where crimes are going to be committed? That easy, wherever you're not.
    The difference between taxes and robbery is the mode of coercion.

Here's the thing, you say "presence deters", I agree.

Problem is, although your job isn't brain surgery, you all want to be paid like brain surgeons.

So they city says, "hey, we only got X amount of dollars to work with, if you ladies want to be paid like brain surgeons you're going to have to thin your ranks"

Cops say, "okay...there's allot of us ready for retirement...someone go wake them up, tell them it's time for them to be retired."

Now you've got fewer cops out there and you're bellyaching that you don't have the manpower to deter crime and we should consider ourselves lucky you even catch a few given how few of you there are.

One day there will only be one cop left and his salary will be the entire budget and he'll spend most of his day bemoaning his plight.

"Oh woe is me...no one understands....oh woe is me...

...is it retirement time yet?"

Quote Originally Posted by joe d.
    THE NEXT TIME you need a police officer in an emergency...
    The next time? Ha...there's yet to be a first time.

I count on cops for my safety about as much as I count on winning the lottery for my financial independence.

Quote Originally Posted by joe d.
    the last thing we need is for us to criticize a cop. yes... they make good money and may even deserve more...but it's a thin line between you and the next thug who may want to cause you harm...
    Part of my job entails being in every part of Buffalo and the rest of Western NY daily.

I'm face to face with the criminal element all the time.

When push comes to shove, I'm on my own, and I know that.

The only thing a cop is going to do for me is put a pretty yellow hunk of tape around my corpse should it ever come to that.

Like I've said before, cops aren't raped, cops aren't robbed, and very few of them are killed while on duty by another person. The safest place to be is in a cop’s uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by NoCtUrNaL
    Part of my job entails being in every part of Buffalo and the rest of Western NY daily.

I'm face to face with the criminal element all the time.

When push comes to shove, I'm on my own, and I know that.

The only thing a cop is going to do for me is put a pretty yellow hunk of tape around my corpse should it ever come to that.

Like I've said before, cops aren't raped, cops aren't robbed, and very few of them are killed while on duty by another person. The safest place to be is in a cop’s uniform.
    LMAO! Are you kidding me? What is your job exactly?

You must have never been a cop in Niagara falls or Buffalo because the safest place? GAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Have you ever taken a shotgun blast to the shoulder? Because it happened to a cop here 2 years ago, but you probably forgot that. And from what I've heard, when Buffalo officers get shot nobody ever hears about it.

Yes I agree, there are officers that have abused their authority, hell I've been harassed before, and I even called them to respond to a man with a gun up my block and they showed up a half hour later.

However you cant blame the actions of a few to make it look like the ENTIRE department is like that.

http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp...5&nav=menu41_2

Police Investigate Another Overnight Shooting

(Buffalo, NY, July 2, 2006) - - Buffalo Police are also investigating yet another shooting that happened overnight. Officers were called to ECMC early Sunday morning after a patient arrived there with both legs wounded, apparently by gunfire.

They believe the victim was shot on the 12 hundred block of Fillmore Avenue

Anti-Cop

Be it an inferiority complex, paranoia, jealousy, whatever the reason, some people don't like Cops. Thats life, and thats fine. There are people I don't like. Not stereotypical, but individuals that I believe the world would be better off without. But getting back, some people will probably never need a Cop in an individual incident. I will probably never need the Armed Forces to protect me personally. But I do know I as an American am protected by an incredibly strong military. Their presence makes my life and the freedoms I enjoy. The way I see it, Police in America do the same thing. Though I have needed them in the past , most people won't. But their mere presence or existance keeps the Country from anarchy. Gangs would run wild. The Mafia would control every money making venture in existance. Police agencies keep this from occurring.

I like Cops, personally

everytime I see some "tough guy gansta" get busted for selling coke or for raping women and beating up residents, I smile

Cops have to deal with the SCUM OF THE EARTH on a daily basis

IT takes a certain mindset to be a cop, IMO.

You have to have a certain degree of "tough guy" in your personaility or you would not last 2 seconds on the streets with these creeps

most violent criminals only respect and understand violence, whether it is actually physical or just implied

I applaud the Cops.

They're like any group of people: a few true winners, some decent, some average, some below average, and a few "on the take"
    The truth from a troll is still the truth.

http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=5110888

Double Shooting on Goodyear Avenue

(Buffalo, NY, July 4, 2006) - - A violent beginning to the July 4 holiday: Buffalo police responded to the scene of a double shooting.

Officers say a man and woman showed up at ECMC after being shot on Goodyear Avenue around 3:30 Tuesday morning.

There's no word on the victims' names or conditions, or if police have any suspects in custody.

Quote Originally Posted by Deerhunter
    The Mafia would control every money making venture in existance. Police agencies keep this from occurring.
    The police don't want the mafia hording in on the protection racket.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Funky
    Officers say a man and woman showed up at ECMC after being shot on Goodyear Avenue around 3:30 Tuesday morning.
    It's a free country, but some things aren't a good idea...like drinking water directly out of Lake Erie and taking strolls on Goodyear Avenue in Buffalo at 3am.

Hey Nocturnal, how many brain surgeons were killed in the line of duty last year. I believe 153 officers were. 466 officers names were added to the Police memorial wall in Washington DC. Over the past 10 yrs. there is an average of 163 officers killed in the line of duty each year. Guess how many brain surgeons died the same way. ZERO! How many brain surgeons are going to get out of bed at 3AM to save your a$$? NONE. How many brain surgeons rushed up into the twin towers on 9/11? NONE! ! ! ! How many brain surgeons work through holidays? NONE. How many brain surgeons work overnight in the worst of the Buffalo weather? NONE. How many brain surgeons get paid under $100,000 per year? NONE.
    Last edited by communicator; July 5th, 2006 at 03:02 AM.

Brain surgeons save lives, cops put yellow tape around victims.

As far as how many cops died while on duty, the last one to do so in Buffalo died by his own hands almost a decade ago.

I'm sure your being brain dead and given your propensity to break the law or being the victim of a law breaker puts you at greater need for a cop while having absolutely no need for a brain surgeon.

another murder last night

at least one, maybe one in E and one in C too. The guy that is dead for sure was out of D Dist. Stabbed. They had to call in Cops from B cause all the D Cops were tied up on calls. Some calls were 10 hrs old when my shift ended, one , a domestic was 12. Don't need the Cops for quick response on July 4th. Bad idea, too much going on, too few Cops. Communicator, don't bother arguing with Nocturnal emission, he does not like Cops, and likes when they die in the line of duty. He was probably locked up by Cops therefore doesn't like them. Just say a prayer for him.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information