Thread: State AG's office moving to Main Place Tower

State AG's office moving to Main Place Tower

The state Attorney General's Buffalo region office will relocate to downtown's Main Place Tower next summer.

Patrick Hotung, general manager of Main Place-Liberty Group, declined to comment on the key new tenant, but sources confirmed the state office will leave the Statler Towers late next spring.

"We have been working aggressively to sign new tenants, but I'm not at liberty to talk about any pending deals or parties we're talking to," Hotung said.

The state Office of General Services announced in March that it was seeking nearly 40,000 square feet of space within a four-block radius of Niagara Square for the 95 state lawyers. The state required the new site to be handicapped-accessible and have a loading dock.
    The state was seeking a 10-year lease. The state's current decade-long lease at the Statler expires on March 1, 2007, but the agency will extend its stay by several months to allow time for its new offices to be readied.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...03/1060612.asp
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Well, I guess that puts the kaibosh on leftWNYbecauseofBS' grandoise plans to convert the Main Place Mall into condos. LOL. I guess some of that old B & C office space can support high tech after all!

(http://forums.speakupwny.com/showthread.php?t=9830)
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D
    Well, I guess that puts the kaibosh on leftWNYbecauseofBS' grandoise plans to convert the Main Place Mall into condos. LOL. I guess some of that old B & C office space can support high tech after all!

(http://forums.speakupwny.com/showthread.php?t=9830)

Oh Burn.....

Yep now a building that is almost 50% vacant will now be 40% vacant. Great for development, government offices. What was not disclosed is how much the AG will be paying MPM. There was competition for that bid and a building that sits 50% vacant won the job. HMMMM
    This is not a NEW downtown tenant, it is a current downtown tenant relocating from B/C space in the statler to B/C space in MPM. That is not progress. Same amount of people & same amount of spend. Just the location moved a few blocks.

I am sure you are happy about the parole board renting space in an office tower downtown. Just think if your a business owner. Have your clients fly in from out of state and share an elevator up with Jimmy the child molester or Susan the recovering crack head thief.

I am sure the next idea you will float is creating ANOTHER government agency to occupy the rest of the vacant space.

Analogy for Linda D on downtown development

Lets say Downtown Buffalo is a bowl of change. That bowl has 20 times. Linda D is fooled into thinking that when those 20 dimes are cashed in for 8 quarters
    It can be called progress because the quarters are bigger then a dime. She never takes the time to count the change, only looks at it. That is why I think she is a couple nickels short of a buck.

Thread Information