Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look who's running for town board

Look who's running for town board

"Joseph Brainard: YES I AM DONE WITH THE WAY LANCASTER HAS BEEN CONTROLLED. I AM RUNNING FOR LANCASTER TOWN BOARD, AND WILL ASSIST IT RIGHTING THE WRONG ! I APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL SUPPORT ! BUTI WANT TO MAKE THIS VERY CLEAR, I AM REPRESENTING THE PEOPLE !"

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    "Joseph Brainard: YES I AM DONE WITH THE WAY LANCASTER HAS BEEN CONTROLLED. I AM RUNNING FOR LANCASTER TOWN BOARD, AND WILL ASSIST IT RIGHTING THE WRONG ! I APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL SUPPORT ! BUTI WANT TO MAKE THIS VERY CLEAR, I AM REPRESENTING THE PEOPLE !"
    Oh my GOD, are the Republicans CRAZY endorsing that loud mouthed buffoon

Georgia L Schlager

Can't believe I'm thinking this, but I may have to vote for one democrat this year. Hope they at least put up one good candidate.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Oh my GOD, are the Republicans CRAZY endorsing that loud mouthed buffoon
    LOL Gee

Couldn't the Dems enlist an independent thinker like Robert Thill for Town board?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    Interesting. Did you post this in support of Mr. Brainard or to disparage his candidacy?

does he actually speak in all capital letters? and given that not all people will agree with his position on issues, shouldn't he have said "I'm representing the people that agree with me"?

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    does he actually speak in all capital letters? and given that not all people will agree with his position on issues, shouldn't he have said "I'm representing the people that agree with me"?
    Guess he is LOUD when he types too

Georgia L Schlager

This is from an old Buffalo News article when Brainard was running for Highway chief.

The battle between one-term Democratic incumbent Highway Superintendent Daniel J. Amatura and political newcomer Joseph M. Brainard has some testy undercurrents to it – with Brainard, 50, complaining loudly about poor highway budgeting and a lack of accountability and productivity in the highway ranks.

“I am a clean-cut, hard-working husband, father, business owner who is just in the right time of his life to pay forward and help the Town of Lancaster get back a fiscally sound place to live,” he said. “The spending is out of control.”

Internal Revenue Service records show that Brainard on April 20, 2011, satisfied $271,624 in federal tax liens dating to Oct. 15, 2010. Asked about the debt, Brainard at first said there had been no tax lien against him. In a subsequent email to The News, he said: “The tax lien was over a property sale, and that is what held up the tax filing (he filed an extension) and was resolved 43 days from lien filed.”
    I like the comment under the article -

The News really needs to dig deeper into this race. That quote from Brainard about being "clean cut etc" is a joke. He's had at least two harassment charges brought up against him from past female employes, that Double Down company was just part of an IRS audit (you can see past BN archives right online here) to the point that its completely shut down and he's currently under investigation for other business tax issues. He used to pay his employees with cash to avoid payroll taxes. He's all yours Lancaster

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...chief-20131102

Georgia L Schlager

Innocent until proven guilty, right? I refer to the harassment comment. If there is something to that part of the story, where is the proof? I will believe it when I see it.....

Maybe, the Dems could do some sleuthing into that Buffalo News poster's accusation

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by ichingtheory View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty, right? I refer to the harassment comment. If there is something to that part of the story, where is the proof? I will believe it when I see it.....
    While agreeing that the harassment claim has no relevancy until proven, there is the question of one’s integrity by claiming one thing and then walking it back; talking about the lien.

Politics is a dirty game. It will be interesting to see who takes the high road in this year’s election process. Four years ago, despite all the nasty allegations made against him, the fear and smear tactics used against him, Supervisor Fudoli did just that. It will be interesting to see if any of that rubs off on his running mates.

One thing that voters should consider more than ever this year is not the regurgitated promises of reform and repetitive promises to act in the best interest of the community, but the integrity and character of the candidate to ensure that he will say what he means and does what he says. Every candidate from every party should be held to the same standard, judged by his proposed policies and independence from party control.

The Democratic Party has had near exclusive control of the Town/Planning/Zoning Boards in the past 14 years. Its practices and policies in that period of time have resulted in the wasted millions of dollars in projects, on public sector contracts, lack of contract oversight, and claims and outright examples of political patronage.

Republican Supervisor Fudoli has brought openness, transparency and fiscal responsibility to the town and wished he could have done more had he not, according to him, been held back by a four-man council made up of Democrats who legislated in the status quo style of previous board make-ups of 100% Democrats; along with rubber stamp planning and zoning boards members appointed by the party in control. Council members who on opposing voting occasions openly told him numerous times “we have the votes.”

A Speakup poster earlier declared that the Democratic Party is in no way imploding. Considering it just lost (by resignation) a sitting council member, a likely candidate for replacement, or running for election in November, for like infractions, considering council member Stempniak is not seeking re-election, nor Town Clerk Coleman, and considering council member Ruffino tested the waters on running for supervisor and got a cold shoulder from the Conservative Party, how that poster dares say that the party got rid of some garbage and will be stronger with new faces is beyond me. Any new face coming out of the Democratic Party will be hamstrung by the same Democratic Party committee controllers that have already ate some of their own for not following the party line.

Supervisor Fudoli has made it openly clear that he needs two Republican council seats filled to bring more reforms and to move his agenda along. Yet some of us had been privy to the machinations practiced by the local Republican Party two years ago. Despite not having the Conservative Party endorsement then, which they do now, they pissed off enough voters to keep them away from the ballot box.

Until such time both major Parties endorse candidates, blind allegiance to any party or candidate is foolhardy until that candidate is vetted. The focus should be on voting for the best qualified candidate who truly has the best interests of the community in mind, not along party lines; like that’s going to happen very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Republican Supervisor Fudoli has brought openness, transparency and fiscal responsibility to the town and wished he could have done more had he not, according to him, been held back by a four-man council made up of Democrats who legislated in the status quo style of previous board make-ups of 100% Democrats; along with rubber stamp planning and zoning boards members appointed by the party in control. Council members who on opposing voting occasions openly told him numerous times “we have the votes.”

A Speakup poster earlier declared that the Democratic Party is in no way imploding. Considering it just lost (by resignation) a sitting council member, a likely candidate for replacement, or running for election in November, for like infractions, considering council member Stempniak is not seeking re-election, nor Town Clerk Coleman, and considering council member Ruffino tested the waters on running for supervisor and got a cold shoulder from the Conservative Party, how that poster dares say that the party got rid of some garbage and will be stronger with new faces is beyond me. Any new face coming out of the Democratic Party will be hamstrung by the same Democratic Party committee controllers that have already ate some of their own for not following the party line.
    I think you were outsmarted in the last council race because you read the political landscape wrong that year and the Dems won on "fiscal responsibility," yet I see you stole and give that slogan to Dino in this post. Nice try!

Well, they outsmarted you last time and now you think the Dems can't bounce right back with candidates with little baggage (I would advise you to maybe not call any person "garbage" as it's a form of bullying) in setting you up for another disappointment come November. Heck, maybe the new slate will knock Dino out, too.

You comment as if every resident reads your posts, but you know they don't. Maybe 1% on a good day.

They may eat their own, just as they do in any political party because that comes with the territory, I guess. But from what I've read on this website about this year's candidates, I think the Dems have an excellent chance.

I did love how you imploded yourself in November 2013 with reference to the Town Council races and the Dem maneuverings. Now that was some good reading.

And the GOP candidates for council listed should give the Dems some hope, too!
    Last edited by Breezy; April 4th, 2015 at 01:12 PM. Reason: change text

Breezy wrote:

I think you were outsmarted in the last council race because you read the political landscape wrong that year and the Dems won on "fiscal responsibility," yet I see you stole and give that slogan to Dino in this post. Nice try!
    13 straight years of tax increases under a 100% controlled Democratic town board. Three straight years of tax cuts under Fudoli’s budget – and the cuts would have been higher had not the DEMS amended the budgets – and you dare say “Dems won on "fiscal responsibility.”

Well, they outsmarted you last time and now you think the Dems can't bounce right back with candidates with little baggage (I would advise you to maybe not call any person "garbage" as it's a form of bullying) in setting you up for another disappointment come November. Heck, maybe the new slate will knock Dino out, too.
    Not so much outsmarted, but too stupid in continually believing good governance could be had where politicos act in the best interest of the community as a whole instead of self-serving agendas and nurturing friend and family patronage to achieve such end.

Stop with the bullying nonsense. When you make an asinine claim you are going to be called on it. I called no one garbage. You know what I was referring to. Stop spinning some one’s statement and calling them bullies for answering back and defending themselves from someone putting words in their mouth and/or labeling them.

They may eat their own, just as they do in any political party because that comes with the territory, I guess. But from what I've read on this website about this year's candidates, I think the Dems have an excellent chance.
    Really, tell me why and who these new faces are going to be, individuals that will act independently from Democratic Party controllers in the background who through the years have stacked planning and zoning board members with like-minded minions.

You’re posts appear to favor the DEM side, so what are you hearing as to who will fill Aquino’s open seat and become the incumbent in November’s council election? I’m hearing two Mikes. Am I close? If so, I can’t even imagine why the one would want to run when his own party gave him the boot in the last Judgeship election; and with the recent bad press with the Aquino and Maciejewski mishaps.

And, as the Republican candidates will be getting the Conservative Party endorsements that weaken the DEMS even more.

I know it’s early in the election process, but there are no rumors as to whom the DEMS are planning to run against Fudoli except Town Clerk Johanna Coleman. She declares no to be interested and I well understand why.

So when the DEMS haven’t even announced their candidates yet, what makes you take the position that the DEMS have a good chance to clean house?

You comment as if every resident reads your posts, but you know they don't. Maybe 1% on a good day.
    As no one reads my posts, feel free to let err rip!
    Last edited by Lee Chowaniec; April 6th, 2015 at 12:49 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information