Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: God told me to...

Did I saw descriptions of what you look like?? I said experiences in doing business form you. You refer to 4 gospels, written from differing perspectives and try to pass it off as 4 separate Jesuses, which is typical of how asinine you are, but still, the question remains. Are those 4 people talking about 4 different NoGods?
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Luke 3.23

The Son of Joesph.
    The man named Jesus who was the son of a man named Joseph who was the son of a man named Heli probably did exists at the time, just as the other man named Jesus who was the son of a a man named Joseph who was the son of a man named Jacob might have existed, but they are obviously two different men because their fathers' fathers are not the same person.

And according to Matthew, Jesus was born during the reign of Herod the Great (Matthew 2:1). According to Luke, Jesus was born during the first census in Israel, while Quirinius was governor of Syria (Luke 2:2). It is impossibel for those two Jesuses to be the same because Herod died in March of 4 BC and the census took place in 6 and 7 AD, about 10 years after Herod's death.

So Luke wrote about one person called Jesus, Matthew wrote about another, and when we examine the additional contradictions in Mark and John it is obvious they wrote about a third and fourth men named Jesus.

Yes, it is possible all four Jesus existed. But none rose from the dead, walk on water, or turned a basket of loafs and fish into a buffet for 5,000 people. And the zombies didn't rise from the dead and walk into town to be seen by many people when any of the four died.

Like the myth of Jason and the Argonauts, using the names of actual people and places in a myth doesn't make thy myth true.

Or like George Washington who never chopped down his father's cherry tree. It was a myth created a year after he died by Parson Weems who not surprisingly was a preacher who. like most preachers, have a penchant for making up fantasitc stories.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Did I saw descriptions of what you look like?? I said experiences in doing business form you. You refer to 4 gospels, written from differing perspectives and try to pass it off as 4 separate Jesuses, which is typical of how asinine you are, but still, the question remains. Are those 4 people talking about 4 different NoGods?
    the four gospels make factual claims about the birth, genealogy, and specific activities of men named Jesus. they aren't describing their individual experiences, they are describing men named Jesus. Those descriptions cannot be of the same man given their blatant contradictions.

Nice try, but like most apologetic excuses it is a major fail.

The entire Bible makes factual claims that people like you love to point out as not being factual, until You find a gem like this, then all of a sudden, there's a problem?? You can't have it both ways. Either the Bible is true or it's not. Which one is it?
    HipKat's Blog

The entire Bible makes factual claims that people like you love to point out as not being factual, until You find a gem like this, then all of a sudden, there's a problem?? You can't have it both ways. Either the Bible is true or it's not. Which one is it?
    Are you claiming that just because some of the factual claims in the bibles may be true, that everything in the bible must be true, or that jsut because we know somethings in the bible are not true, then everything must be false?

Yes, somethings can be true and other false. The fact that there are four different Jesuses described in the bible does not make any of the descriptions true or false, but the claim that all four are the same person is impossible because of the factual conflicts about those Jesuses.

Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.
    Luke 1

Either he wasn't all that careful and certain, or he is calling the other three liars insofar as they factually disagree with him.

There are NOT 4 different Jesuses in the Bible. Just because a smarmy ass like you says there are doesn't make it so. And no, you don't get to cherry pick and say all the things that give credence to the Bible are false and the things that may not are true
    HipKat's Blog

There are NOT 4 different Jesuses in the Bible. Just because a smarmy ass like you says there are doesn't make it so. And no, you don't get to cherry pick and say all the things that give credence to the Bible are false and the things that may not are true
    One Jesus can't be born a century apart, one Jesus can't have two different paternal grandfathers. You can cry all you want about the silly myths, but they speak for themselves.

A century apart?? Where the hell do you come up with this stuff? Let me guess, you're gonna hold us to 6 24 hour periods of creation and Jesus was born on December 25th, right
    HipKat's Blog

You said "Mary's genealogy was irrelevant in the first century jewish traditions."
    I say- That is why it is framed around Joseph's Father-in-law.

You said "If Joseph is not Jesus' father, then Joseph's genealogy is meaningless as far as Jesus is concerned.
    I say - That is why Luke, a physician btw, recorded that of the birth mother. The fact that it was a Virgin Birth lends even more meaning and value. Mary's genealogy fulfilled the messianic requirement of Jesus being a direct descendant of King David, and isn't it interesting that Nathan's line became THE direct line because of Jechoniah’s sin (Solomon's line) - Interesting how that worked out.

You said "Long after Matthew and Luke wrote the genealogies the church invented (or more likely borrowed from the mystery religions) the doctrine of the virgin birth"
    I say - The Jews are and have been meticulous and fastidious with preserving their ancestry, law, and most importantly, their interactions with God from the days of Moses and the Prophets. As early as the Book of Genesis we find the first glimpse that Jesus' birth would be special: “‘And I will put enmity between you (Satan) and the woman, and between your seed and her Seed’” (3:15). What's that? Women have "seeds" or sperma, as you prefer. Mary’s impregnation by the Holy Spirit is the only instance in history that a woman had a seed within her that did not originate from a human man. Mary's seed. Hence, her genealogy is relevant and recorded.

You said "Messiah had to be a physical descendant of King David through the male line. Jesus would still not qualify as Messiah if he had been born of a virgin - seed from the line of David was required.
    I say, quoting Isaiah, "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel." The Hebrew word is "alma" virgin. Messiah, God with us, is born of a Virgin of the lineage of David. Mary fulfills the prophecy.

You said "Women did not count in reckoning descent for the simple reason that it was then believed that the complete human was present in the man's sperm (the woman's egg being discovered in 1827). The woman's womb was just the soil in which the seed was planted."
    I say, thanks for proving my point. Gods wisdom is higher than our understanding.
    1Cor 1:26-28. For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are,…"

And Mary said: "My soul doth magnify the Lord. And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. Because he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaid; for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me; and holy is his name. And his mercy is from generation unto generations, to them that fear him".

God said through Isaiah 43:18-19 "Do not call to mind the former things, Or ponder things of the past. "Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it?

A century apart?? Where the hell do you come up with this stuff? Let me guess, you're gonna hold us to 6 24 hour periods of creation and Jesus was born on December 25th, right
    That's the best you got? I meant a decade apart - make it half a decade - still can't be the same person they are speaking of. One little, two little, three little jesuses....

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    All I asked nogods was a simple question.

Did he believe if a man named Jesus existed about 1 BC/1 AD that the bible tends to refer to. Not just a Jesus Finklestein or Jesus Smith. The the figure that the Bible tends to refer to.

Did he believe if a man named Jesus existed about 1 BC/1 AD that the bible tends to refer to. Not just a Jesus Finklestein or Jesus Smith. The the figure that the Bible tends to refer to.
    I told you, he doesn't answer questions, He just keeps drooling the same nonsense over and over
    HipKat's Blog

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I told you, he doesn't answer questions, He just keeps drooling the same nonsense over and over
    I didn't ask you does nogods answer questions.

Again, which of the many Jesuses in the bible are you referring to?

As for the one allegedly born in AD 7, no, I don't believe he existed in 1 BC/1 AD because that was before he was born.

As for the other Jesus described in the bible who were born before 1 BC/1 AD, I don't believe they existed because they are described as men who walked on water, raised people from the dead, and supposedly rose from the dead themselves, for which there is no evidence of any such nonsense other than then the self-serving claims of the people who follow Satan's writings.

I didn't ask you does nogods answer questions.
    You know, I just went back through the entire thread and I STILL can't find the part where you asked me to stay out of this
    HipKat's Blog

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information