Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: God told me to...

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    The man named Jesus who was the son of a man named Joseph who was the son of a man named Heli probably did exists at the time, just as the other man named Jesus who was the son of a a man named Joseph who was the son of a man named Jacob might have existed, but they are obviously two different men because their fathers' fathers are not the same person.

Are you interested in understanding the truth? If you spent as much time seeking the truth behind these so-called discrepancies as you do spewing your "I'm going to prove the bible wrong" - you'd be a new person!

What you wrote above lacks understanding. Heil was Mary's father, the scripture in Luke 3:23 reads "and Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heil." Here, Luke is NOt talking about Joseph - HE's TALKING ABOUT JESUS - did you notice the commas? Comma, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, COMMA. It actually reads "Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, which was the son of Heil." Jesus is the son of Heil. Because, as you said, Jewish tradition did not record lineage through the woman - so, JESUS' GENEALOGY, was recorded through Heil.

That's not a discrepancy NG - there is an explanation of truth!
    can you handle THIS truth? Yes or no?

Heil's lineage goes back to David through Nathan. Jesus is the seed of David. Mary is also of the seed of David. Mary herself is said to have a seed, as I pointed out in Genesis, " and I shall put enmity between your seed and HER seed."

do you understand? I truly hope so.
    Last edited by buffy; April 3rd, 2015 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dgrzeb View Post
    Rez, I believe "miracles" happen everyday, maybe they're not happening to you or me right now, but somewhere, some place on Earth a miracle is taking place right now. Maybe a world leader is speaking with a higher power, maybe a child in the streets, maybe a housewife taking care of her kids, & maybe in your past there have been miracles or miracles to come in your future or mine. It's our faith, what we believe shouldn't be of no harm to anyone, my faith is in God & His Son Jesus (Jesus the Christ of Nazareth as stated in the Holy Bible), & the Holy Spirit (The Great Comforter), what others believe, I pray for them, but I don't want to "force" God on anyone, plus my beliefs are not hurting you...
    Epic!!
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    Heil was Mary's father, the scripture in Luke 3:23 reads "and Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heil." Here, Luke is NOt talking about Joseph - HE's TALKING ABOUT JESUS - did you notice the commas? Comma, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, COMMA. It actually reads "Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, which was the son of Heil." Jesus is the son of Heil. Because, as you said, Jewish tradition did not record lineage through the woman - so, JESUS' GENEALOGY, was recorded through Heil.

That's not a discrepancy NG - there is an explanation of truth!
    can you handle THIS truth? Yes or no?

Heil's lineage goes back to David through Nathan. Jesus is the seed of David. Mary is also of the seed of David. Mary herself is said to have a seed, as I pointed out in Genesis, " and I shall put enmity between your seed and HER seed."

do you understand? I truly hope so.
    Another fail on your part - try as you might to add an explanation to the obvious contradictions, there is no basis in fact or history for your convoluted attempt to change the simple words of the bibles.

Mary isn't mentioned in either lineage - they are both clearly claiming to be the lineage of Joseph. His in-law's lineage was of no importance or regard to the matter.

I know it is hard for you to be faced with undisputable evidence that the fairy tale you were fed as a child is simply that - a fairy tale like santa clause and the easter bunny, and the tooth fairy. That explains why you so
    desperately try to explain away the obvious contradictions, but it does not excuse your behavior as an adult.

time to grow up an accept reality.

Where did I "change" the scripture? Fact of the matter is - I didn't change anything.

Both lineages do not "clearly" claim to be of Joseph - that is false and I clarified it. Just because you can't accept the truth, does not make it a lie.

You can die in your disbelief if that's what you want. I reached out in pity with the simplest example at my fingertips. If you can't even grasp that, you just don't want to see it.

When I was an Atheist, I knew about God, the Bible, Jesus. I knew the stories but God had never done anything to reveal himself to me in a way I could recognize. I was an Atheist because I had nothing to hold onto. I believed that if there was a God, he didn't believe in me, so why should I believe in him? Common sense told me this cannot be real. It makes no sense.

I had/have a lot of friends that are also Atheists. Some were in the same boat. They feel abandoned by this God that Christians talk about. They see no reason to expect him to exist when they've never been aware of his presence.

Some Atheists, inside, do have an inkling that there may be a God but he's turned his back on them or on the world. They see that the world is so far removed from what Christians believe, or what they think Christians believe, that no way could this go on if there was a God who supposedly loved us.

All I can say is that God made his presence known to me. I know he had tried in the past but I couldn't see see it. I was blind to it. I know it's my "job" to bring you to Jesus, and I wish I could bring everyone to Jesus. It truly pains me when I see how far off the path you are, but I don't have this ability yet. I just pray he makes his presence known to you who don't believe, too, before it's too late.

Happy Easter.

Christ has risen!!!!
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Amen HipKat, Happy Easter to all my forum friends !!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information