Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New assements arrive in the mail....15% increase for me

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    you and your neighbor are upset, but yet your only recourse is to beg your govt for a less tax burden....
    No...

One can work on removing the group of people who are at fault. In this case it is the Cheektowaga Democratic Party social club. The people they have endorsed and worked on getting elected brought us to the point we are at today. Too many friends and family are involved which breeds nepotism. We are one of the highest taxed area's in the USA, we are losing population for over a decade and our infrastructure is rather crappy. Just look at the complete BS we have read about over the years coming from the people in this group. I'm not saying any other political party is better but we see what we are dealing with from this group.

We really do not want anyone from the Cheektowaga Democratic Party any longer on our town board. We want people who truly take the property/business owners best interests first before their own best interest. Yes we need some town ran services for our elderly, kids and what ever. We just can't have services that are so costly that people flee because of the cost to live and raise a family in our town is high.

Use my water well example.

Lets say you own a well. Water was good but as time passed the well water went bad. No matter how many buckets you take out of that well you still get bad water. The well is the political party and the buckets are the people they work on getting elected year after year. Now sometimes you have no choice but you have to use that bad bucket of water. Best word of advice is to just close that well up and start fresh come 2015 elections.

I want our mowers back.

I have heard that two mowers were stolen from our town. Two people in supervisory positions told some of our town employees to steal the mowers and drop them off at their homes. Charges should be brought up against all who were involved. Using the excuse "We were told by our superiors to steal this equipment" is not an excuse to steal. If I was supervisor the thieves would be fired including the two people who told our employees take our equipment.

ya voting has an excellent track record
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It actually does. You just haven't been happy on the outcome.

Originally posted by WNYresident:
    Use my water well example.

Lets say you own a well. Water was good but as time passed the well water went bad. No matter how many buckets you take out of that well you still get bad water. The well is the political party and the buckets are the people they work on getting elected year after year. Now sometimes you have no choice but you have to use that bad bucket of water. Best word of advice is to just close that well up and start fresh come 2015 elections.
    Great example

Posted by WNYresident:
    I want our mowers back.

I have heard that two mowers were stolen from our town. Two people in supervisory positions told some of our town employees to steal the mowers and drop them off at their homes. Charges should be brought up against all who were involved. Using the excuse "We were told by our superiors to steal this equipment" is not an excuse to steal. If I was supervisor the thieves would be fired including the two people who told our employees take our equipment.
    Is all this known by the higher ups?

Georgia L Schlager

Go to zillow on the internet and put in your home address.
    scroll down and it shows you your taxes you paid over the last several of years.
    I wonder if anyone has gone down at all. I went up every year but one year of the last ten.

Quote Originally Posted by unsilent View Post
    scroll down and it shows you your taxes you paid over the last several of years.
    I wonder if anyone has gone down at all. I went up every year but one year of the last ten.
    Go here to see anyone's property taxes in Erie county with info directly from the County... http://www2.erie.gov/ecrpts/index.ph...-parcel-search

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by unsilent View Post

You must not be on the correct zillow page. Every election cycle the Cheektowaga Democratic Party mails us property/business owners how they are looking out for our best interest and CUTTING TAXES..

Right there in red print. CUTTING TAXES
    . They even highlight it so you can't miss is. If you need more example I have more.

OH stupid me.. I forgot.

Don't listen to what they say, what what they do.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    We hired someone to give us a professional appraisal. Who ever the Cheektowaga Democratic Party put in place to give assessments came in rather high. Much higher.

Who ever received a higher assessment should really go talk to them about it. Be prepared and have an appraisal done. Well worth the money.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So what is going on with the town website?

My other half it preparing for an assessment review. From the data gathered it looks like our assessment should be lower than what the last assessment was.

Here is something that just started to happen. Go look at the sale price.

Those $1 sales won't work as they were gifted sales....You have to find sales that took place in the past 3 years....make sure they are very similar as the towns auto system don't know the difference between 1 car garage and a 3 car or finished vs unfinished basement.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Every house is coming up a dollar. Like there is an error in the database.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Does the town have it rigged?

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    My other half is pissed off. She thinks it was done on purpose to make it hard for people to do comparisons.

Simply put there is no excuse for our property taxes in Erie County to be so far above the national average.

Life is too short to put up with this BS.

Elections 2015 are on the way. We need to eliminate the people who contribute to our high taxes in NYS

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    It is working right for my house/ neighborhood...it only goes back a year for sales...possibly no homes sold in your neighborhood "code" in the last 12 mos.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Seeing she isn't technically fluent I checked it out. All the sale values including clicking into the details of each were coming up a $1.

Makes no difference though. The professional appraisal came in lower than our actual current assessment. Way lower than the new assessment.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information