Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get out and vote in 2015....

Again you ignore reality: A Town Councilmember gets $24,000.00 a year - + benefits and tax funded retirement credits.

They attend 2(two) board meetings a month - those meetings average 2(two hours+/-).

They are credited as "Part Time Employees" and get credited for 19 hour work week. -

So one meeting every two weeks = 2 hours(+/-) which they actually are credited with working 38 hours for that biweekly check - with me so far Grump?

Do your own math and tell me how you figure it - the Town also pays for their pension credits - what's that worth (cost to tax payers) in your eyes ?

Deferred comp means instead of paying tax on their money in todays tax rate - they get to deduct that "Before tax money" each year as if they didn't earn it. Is that a fair statement ?

Then when they start using it - after retirement - they are taxed at a reduced rate on what they take out each year - isn't that fair to say that at that point in life their taxable income will be reduced because they are retired - so there fore they will pay a lower rate(not the full rate when earned) - can you see that ?

Instead of helping them by playing word games with me(and who ever reads this) - try and answer intelligently and with some sense of honestly instead of blowing your smoke.

To everyone else - do the math - look at the reality and judge for yourself - are you as a average wage earner given the same breaks and pensions these Politicians are getting ? Do you enjoy the same tax funded pension systems - do you get to hide money by taking it out of your paycheck so your not taxed on it ?

That's the bottom line - these elected and appointed "Public Servants" are enjoying tax funded life styles subsidized by our tax dollars.
    Last edited by 4248; February 27th, 2015 at 05:47 PM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information