Thread: Depew Trustee Mike Nolder will explain GPS Savings and ? on work time credits

Depew Trustee Mike Nolder will explain GPS Savings and ? on work time credits

So as not to pollute another thread - Trustee Mike Michael Nolder - Member of the following committees: Finance, Purchasing & Insurance, Zoning & Community Development, Intermunicipal Co-operation, Depew Business Liaisons

Has noted the Village of Depew has saved money since installing and using GPS systems in Village Vehicles three years ago.

I have request(here on Speakupwny) - if he could explain the benefits and savings Depew tax payers have received.

I for one encourage the use of tracking and monitoring vehicle and equipment use of all tax funded assets - for over 15 years others and I have asked Lancaster Town Board Councilmembers to do just that.

There's is great potential for misuse and abuse ! Many Towns and Villages struggle with this issue - few have ever actually held anyone accountable !

---------------------------------------

Thanks - OH ! Once again - I almost forgot - Mike, what is your stand on giving a person credit for hours they did not actually work in their assigned position. Should this be done in order to help that person qualify for tax funded benefits ?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Mike - its a election cycle !

You brought up the fact and you claimed, "Village of Depew has saved money since installing and using GPS systems in Village Vehicles three years ago"

I just gave you a chance to gain some good points by explaining what money has been saved and how it all works !

Are you just stalling - maybe throw up some glammed posts within days of the election - this way it cant be debated ? One would think you would already be familiar with this sence you posted the claim, "Village of Depew has saved money" -

I am all for saving money for tax payers - I am not using the Dem Party tactic of using what you didn't say against you !

Or is what your avoiding the other question you avoided for about a month now !

Mike, what is your stand on giving a person credit for hours they did not actually work in their assigned position. Should this be done in order to help that person qualify for tax funded benefits ?

Nogods - one of the Dems Party Lawyer Loyalist says - refusing to answer/staying silent is a tacit admission of "guilt" !

Is that true Trustee Nolder ? - Would you vote to give some one credit for hours they didn't work - would you condone that - knowing that such a vote would enable that person to possibly collect tax funded benefits ?

Would you do that Sir and if so - here's your chance/opportunity to explain. Or were you advised to not respond ?

Maybe you figure if you just throw out short "Campaign Flyer type" statements - that will help your next election efforts.

--------------------------------------------------

Reciprocity.

Views: 91

Come on Mike - at least 90 other tax payers are waiting to read your answers.

If its me you don't want to answer - start your own thread and Please explain to tax payers your stand on these issues :

1) How much money have tax payers saved by Depew installing GPS tracking on its vehicles ?

2) What vehicles are tracked and where can tax payers see the information/documentation you based your claim of savings on ?

3) Would you vote to give someone credit for hours they didn't actually work.

4) Would you do that knowing that person could then be eligible to use those credits to collect a tax funded benefit ?

Now, you have claimed to have worked hard to save tax dollars.

You say your against "Patronage Hiring" - you have stated you have been active in forcing dilapidated home owners fix their properties.

You stated abandoned homes have been torn down in your district, my question concerning that was, "Please tell us how many homes/buildings were torn down without using tax dollars"

Lastly, please list the times you voted no on a hiring because it was obvious "Patronage" - if you need help remembering who some of them were - and you want me to - I can post some names of family members of insiders who have been hired. But I would rather give you the chance to speak your piece !

Thanks for reading this - you - I and at least 85+/- other tax payers have read this and await your response.

Or are you not running in a bid for future re-election
    ?

As a Elected Trustee - don't you think tax payers deserve more than just some glossed over campaign flyers ?
    Last edited by 4248; February 24th, 2015 at 07:08 PM.

Doesn't look like you're going to get an answer.

He's been on here today:
    http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/mem...?1685-mikenold
    Last edited by NY The Vampire State; February 24th, 2015 at 07:42 PM.
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Views:117

Good for him - maybe he can start to turn his energies into a positive area. Hopefully he can move away from the dark side of Politics.

I was just giving him a chance to tell the tax paying voters what and why he has done as he has as a trustee.

If he does have the faith - he knows in his heart he should tell the truth.

So maybe if he just doesn't answer - then he's not misleading/misinforming or having to deal with the truth.

None of us are perfect - I admit I am flawed ! I am not judging him - just playing by the rules of the "Game" he and his friends claim to be fair in Politics.

I am not saying he's a bad person - I stated I had hoped he could rise above the "Party Game" - he chose to evade the truth.

I truly hope he sees the light - not just hold up religion as a shield !

Reciprocity.

Quote Originally Posted by NY The Vampire State View Post
    Doesn't look like you're going to get an answer.

He's been on here today:
    http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/mem...?1685-mikenold
    I have found that it is futile to answer questions from 4248. He does not care how I answer or what I have to say. He simply ignores what I say and attempts to twist my words in order to attack my character with lies and innuendo. I have told him that I will no longer answer him. You can read about it here: http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...t=#post1492104

I had outlined many initiatives in the thread above (Please go read the entire thread):

Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    Cost savings for the village:

Residents can pay taxes (full or partial) with credit card
    New (more efficient) chain of command for all departments
    DPW, Clerical and PBA contract negotiations, new contract’s passed with Health Care concessions
    Purchasing our own electric and gas commodities for utility savings
    Negotiated a $50,000 return on Police tab with Cheektowaga. Total = 440,000 out of 2.5 million
    Instituted new garbage and recycling totes-garbage and recycle - Reduced the tipping fees and every other week recycle cuts the cost of recycling
    Gps in village vehicles to reduce gasoline purchases
    Negotiated new paving agreements with towns

Codes and keeping business in Depew:

Zurbrick Rd - Eliminated the Corp of Engineers from the Zubrick rd. project (1.3 million savings)
    Full time code enforcement
    Revamp of village codes
    Abandoned home demolition’s - new code and enforcement (unsafe buildings)
    One side street parking for better emergency travel through some of out narrowest streets
    Cantalician center in the Barnabus church building site
    Quebecor building still on the tax rolls with new owners and re-purposed building and providing jobs for village residents
    Buffalo tungsten, Niagara refining have expanded to nearly double their size and providing more jobs for village residents
    Helped businesses like Oobe games and Tim Hortons open and provide jobs for village residents

Improvements in recreation for village residents

Many improvements at our Fireman's park
    New boards and glass in rink
    Brought back and improved the Christmas tree lighting, Depew night out
    Senior center improvements
    Veterans park improvements

These are just off the top of my head. We have great people working each and every day to keep our village residents happy. There are caring people all the way through our ranks. The police, DPW, clerical, firemen, recreation and volunteers work hard and also are very cooperative in trying to do their job while also trying to do the best we can with the little we have.

The fact is that I have been truthful here and have also done the very best possible in the last four years for the residents of Depew.
    4248 obviously ignored my post above as he is asking the same questions yet again in this thread! I have found that he only asks me questions so that he can manipulate my answers and attack me personally. I see no point in continuing any further conversation with 4248.

If anyone is interested there will be a forum at DUCA on 3/5/2015 involving the present Mayor Steve Hoffman, Trustee Jules Pecora and myself as well as the three fireman candidates that are challenging in the March 18th village election.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Question I only asked questions - some people feel Government is under attack - I disagree !

Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    4248 obviously ignored my post above as he is asking the same questions yet again in this thread! I have found that he only asks me questions so that he can manipulate my answers and attack me personally. I see no point in continuing any further conversation with 4248.

If anyone is interested there will be a forum at DUCA on 3/5/2015 involving the present Mayor Steve Hoffman, Trustee Jules Pecora and myself as well as the three fireman candidates that are challenging in the March 18th village election.
    Yes - please do go read the other thread/posts
    - you'll notice I asked questions
    - mainly about why he and others changed a Depew code to protect a business over the quality of life for local residents.
    - when doing so would let them/KFC off the hook for sending unwanted fumes into a nearby neighbor hood.

Is that "fact" or as he claims "Innuendo" or attacking his "Character" ???
    You decide - he and his Developer friend J.Cipola did attack me - but I ain't crying - its just how they do things.

Sorry if you feel asking "direct questions" about the vague campaign style highlights you posted makes you feel attacked. I understand those campaign flyers aren't designed to be a question and answer guide - its more of a "Look at what we did for you" - just don't ask how or why - VOTE FOR ME !

You stated the "GPS System saved tax payers money" -

I asked "1) How much money have tax payers saved by Depew installing GPS tracking on its vehicles ?

2) What vehicles are tracked and where can tax payers see the information/documentation you based your claim of savings on ?

I don't see that as an innuendo or attack - does anyone else ? I am all for tracking of all tax funded vehicles and tracking of tax dollars spent to support those vehicles. - He chose not to answer - why ?

He also referred to "Revamp of village codes" - I asked about a code that was dropped - that actually eliminated the air quality protection enforcement. He denied having anything to do with that and stated most code changes were initiated by other officials.

I asked the question about the air quality code because a resident has had a issue with KFC and by removing that code - the residents can no longer ask the code enforcement officer or Trustee's for help - see the thread about "Trouble with KFC" -

I asked about his stand on patronage hiring - he claims he's against it - when I asked him to state when he voted against it - if he could produce record of Board actions against it " He chose not to answer - why ?

Could that be because he has voted "Yes" on the hiring of people known to be "Friends and Family Members" of other Village and Political Families ? He chose not to answer - why ?

One big issue he and others are avoiding :

I asked:

3) Would you vote to give someone credit for hours they didn't actually work.

4) Would you do that knowing that person could then be eligible to use those credits to collect a tax funded benefit ?

He wont answer that question - he thinks by not answering he can avoid the "FACT THAT HE DID" - that's not "Attacking him" its just asking for the truth.

- he's a Trustee - he is supposed to be able to openly discuss his actions

- he is a elected Official he is supposed to help all resident tax payers

- he is a elected official, do tax payers want him and other Board Members giving people credit for hours they didn't work

- do tax payers want people collecting tax funded pensions if they didn't actually work the hours needed?

The only excuse I heard on the street was, "No one is collecting a pension because of this" - you see that's just another twist - no one is collecting yet - the person in question could use those credits and collect.

How many other residents - volunteers and so on have to actually work for their pensions - I and others believe no one should be "Given Hours" - what about you ?

The Trustees are supposed to fairly represent all resident tax payers - not just "Party Friends" - not just business's and their owners.

He choose to post and below - repost some Campaign Flyer General Statements - the same glossed over crad Politicians put in our mail boxes and hand out when seeking to inflate their actions as Politicians to win our Votes.

Is that a answer - are facts innuendos - how was I twisting his words - I quoted him -

This is how they avoid accountability for their actions -

I hope people who go to the : forum at DUCA on 3/5/2015 involving the present Mayor Steve Hoffman, Trustee Jules Pecora and myself as well as the three fireman candidates that are challenging in the March 18th village election. -

Tax Payers should attend - ask questions about the issues that concern them - don't just let them load it up with "Party Supporters" - don't just let their supporters and developer friends steam roll the new Candidates.

STAND UP - or just be the unwanted step child to Lancaster -

STAND UP or live where Politicians practice for their shot at bigger paychecks and higher office.

STAND UP and demand local tax funded jobs be used to enhance residents lives - not just to inflate the pockets of the "Party Players"

Do you as a tax payer feel asking elected officials direct questions = attacking them ?

Do you as a tax payer/resident feel tax funded officials should be accountable for their decisions?

Do you as tax payers feel Politicians should use tax funded jobs/appointments to enhance the lives of "Party Players" while denying local nonparty players a chance at a job.

Should tax funded jobs, pensions and benefits be entitlements for the "Insiders" only club ?

Stand Up or just write the check !
    Last edited by 4248; February 25th, 2015 at 01:58 PM.

Sorry, I forgot: Views: 207
    I noticed your response was almost word for work what Mr.Cipola posted in another thread.

Now maybe he can help you word your next nonresponse to the questions/issues.

By the way - this is called "Sarcasm" - not meant as character assassination or personal attack - just my way of responding to people who insinuate instead of openly respond. I hate dancing Mike - that's why I don't make a good Politician or dancer.

FYI - I also like to be kissed before getting screwed - being manhandled doesn't excite me. Now that's humor

PS - Its not you personally - its the make up of your entire Party Group. Mostly self serving - tax subsidized Players I object to !

Views 281 - Elections are Coming !

Here's my ultimate point - if you've lived in the Depew/Lancaster area - you have seen first hand how Depew has been ignored as Lancaster has been built to the hilt.

Depew has been ignored as far as enforcement of quality of life issues.. Yes, the ice rink and other recreation facilities received some help - why ?

Now just to help some people understand the KFC/Code change info/thread can be found at "http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/showthread.php?692453-The-issue-of-stink-from-kfc-in-the-barnabas-dr-community-is-never-ending-battle&p=1508370#post1508370"

Please read as much of what Trustee Mike Nolder wrote - his Developer/Past Village Employee/Party Creater and financier Mr.Joe Cipola wrote. Yes, I assume you'll read what I wrote "4248".

Judge for your self who said what and why I questioned what was stated. I was hopeing Trustee Nolder would actually help the residents in question.

You read - you decide - But I believe I never changed his words - never misquoted him or attacked his person. I questioned his honesty about who change the codes and why.

Also I challenged him on why the Board would do a code change after they knew full well there was a court case on this vary matter.

The court gave the business a vary minimal fine and then by changing the code the residents had no further legal footing - so who did the code removal benefit ?

--------
    Now look around Depew - do you actualy see any "Tax Savings" -

Yes they claimed to - at times reduced the budget or held the line - but how was that done ?

Fact is Depew received money from other local Governments (until recently disclosed, it was hidden from residents)- as well as Grants - both were backed by "Tax Dollars"

- so in reality they worded it to look as if they accomplished these things when actually it was just a slick play on words.

Read their claims of accomplishments in their campaign material - every single claim has been actually funded off the backs of tax payers.
    - Not through some smart planning or long term coordinated efforts - by recieiving tax dollars from outside sources. None of which were from the developers who actually made money year after year. That's who your government has served.

"Recreation improvements" - again why were there actual improvements and who did they serve.

Well if you ask most Depew residents - their children have actually been blocked out ! Block out by leauges and if you cant afford the equiptment and league fees - your left out.

Who runs most of these leauges and who's on them - mainly people who live outside of Depew. Everyone knows it - everyone sees it.

Look at most of the tax funded jobs and yes - this includes the Police and Public Works. Everyone see most employees are from the inner circle and friends and families of the "Party Players"- many don't even live in Depew. Many are family members of the same people who control Lancaster and Cheektowaga. Just read the names and look at the history.

This is a great chance to create factual change - vote out the Friends and Family Party. Vote in some residents who actually care about Depews future - not just the future of a small handful of its "Party Players"

Last point : Read this post: ---- Pay close attention to how its worded: Mike Nolder posted : "If anyone is interested there will be a forum at DUCA on 3/5/2015 involving the present Mayor Steve Hoffman, Trustee Jules Pecora and myself as well as the three fireman candidates that are challenging in the March 18th village election.

Notice how he includes the names of the current Board Members - then he states "three fireman candidates that are challenging in the ------election" - he doesn't even give them the respect as to included their name - or the seats they are running for - he says they "are challenging in the March Election" - is that showing any respect for these people ?

This isn't a "Forum" its supposed to be a chance to meet three serious people who care about their community and give residents a chance to meet them - talk to them and learn campaign issues and discuss ideas for their vision of Depew's future.

What's gonna happen if the average taxpayer doesn't out number the Controlling Party Faithful - these "Challengers" will be verbally demeaned and talked over until they feel hopeless ! That's what happens when then controllers stack a room and they are good at doing it - they've had a lot of practice.

Please go to this "Forum" and speak your mind - ask the Trustees real questions - don't just let them hand you a glossy flyer with talking points. Ask the new candidates why they are running - what they hope to accomplish - give them a chance to help all residents.

Or just reelect the same group of Players - go home and write the check.
    Last edited by 4248; February 26th, 2015 at 05:34 PM.

Views:337

So I guess atleast the majority of those views are tax paying voters who would like to know the answer to this question - and others :

One big issue he and other Board Members are avoiding :

I asked Trustee Mike Nolder:

Would you vote to give someone credit for hours they didn't actually work.

Would you do that knowing that person could then be eligible to use those credits to collect a tax funded benefit ?

He wont answer that question - he thinks by not answering he can avoid the "FACT THAT HE DID" - that's not "Attacking him" its just asking for the truth.

- he's a Trustee - he is supposed to be able to openly discuss his actions

- he is a elected Official he is supposed to help all resident tax payers

- he is a elected official, do tax payers want him and other Board Members giving people credit for hours they didn't work

- do tax payers want people collecting tax funded pensions if they didn't actually work the hours needed?

The only excuse I heard on the street was, "No one is collecting a pension because of this" (Right Now) - you see that's just another twist - no one is collecting yet - the person in question could use those credits and collect.

How many other residents - volunteers and so on have to actually work for their pension credits/hours ?

- I and others believe no one should be "Given Hours" - what about you ?

The Trustees are supposed to fairly represent all resident tax payers - not just "Party Friends" - not just business's and their owners.

I didn't honestly think it would be that difficult to answer these questions !

One would expect a denial or at the least some lame reason like,

"I didn't read the resolution before I voted yes" -

or Maybe - " I didn't think to find out what this could end up costing tax payers" -

or - "He's a nice guy and we thought it would be a nice thing to do - he would have worked if he could - he was just to busy with other things" -

You know some decent Politician type excuse - but silence ?

I guess that implies your hoping voters don't mind the Trustees giving people credit for hours they didn't work.

Nogods who is a Party Lawyer says, "Silence or not answering is legally a tacit admission of guilt"

Views:413 - start Feb 22 Village Election Day is Wednesday March 18 from noon till 9 pm at Depew Village Hall Senior Center, 85 Manitou St Depew.(No pressure there folks - the current members are already telling seniors the "New Guys" would close the senior center - FACT no one is proposing that - its a standard lie those in office tell voters !

Still no response to tax payers on these issues:

Why have the Trustees and Mayor continued the tax funded "Friends and Family" hiring program ?

This current administration has routinely hired members of local Political Party insiders !

These jobs are tax funded and many carry tax funded benefits and pay checks - some could lead to life time tax funded benefits.

There has even been a case where the Board voted to give a "Party Insider" credit for time he didn't actually work. This action could lead to that person collecting tax funded retirement payments.

While the ice rink was improved - the hours of free ice time to local residents have been reduced. Many residents are upset because their kids are blocked out - mainly because the ice time is reserved for leagues. Most of the leagues are filled by people who don't actually reside in the Village - party because residents cant afford the fees, dues and equipment. So how does this benefit the actual resident tax payers who's taxes pay for the rink - it doesn't !

The Trustees claim they are going to tare down abandoned and unsafe homes/structures. In the end that actually passes the cost to the tax payers - it lets the owner's off the hook and leaves another eye soar for remaining residents.

While Depew residents struggle to maintain a decent living for their families - tax funded jobs are routinely given to Party/Family insiders from out side of Depew.

Depew's government has become a "Mini Lancaster" when it comes to insiders reaping the tax funded rewards.

March 18 th is your chance to bring about change - Elect new trustees who actually work for the Community.

As you receive your glossy Party Mailers - if any of the current members go door to door (If the leave the Boss's bar) - ask them why they would vote to continually give away tax funded jobs to "Friends and Family" - while members of your family struggle ?

Ask Trustees why they would vote to give a person credit for time they did not work ?

Ask them why they would remove a Village code that would help protect air quality - why would they do this for a business in order to block residents from getting help. They dropped a code so the business owner would no longer face fines or court actions - they dropped the code - then told concerned residents there was nothing they could do to help !

Is this what local Government should be - can you afford more property taxes so a handful can enjoy the benefits ?

Thread Information