Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Councilman Races

William WHO?

Quote Originally Posted by mixed feelings View Post
    Please remember there is another person running for 1st ward councilman. That is William Minniefield

He has lived in the first ward for more than 50 years. He grew up in the Baker Homes and still lives in Bethlehem Park. He is also a former business owner in the first ward. He and his brother started and ran a automotive repair shop for many years on gates avenue.

Please help me in supporting and voting for him on November 3rd.
    Give me one reason Mr. Minniefield cannot come to this forum and tell us why we should vote for him. Where does he stand on the slaughterhouse deal? What are his plans and his vision, does he think a community center is a good idea? I refuse to believe that all the candidates that want us to TRUST them have no knowledge of SUWNY. I "get it", if they write it down, it will be harder to back out after the election and they flip flop on campaign promises!

With all due respect to Mr. Minnifield......

Given the voting results from the Primary it is NOT a good idea for Mr. Minnifield to run now and split the votes. Either Bill or Andrea should not run and throw their support to the other candidate so that Mr. Noman does not just slide in......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post

Given the voting results from the Primary it is NOT a good idea for Mr. Minnifield to run now and split the votes. Either Bill or Andrea should not run and throw their support to the other candidate so that Mr. Noman does not just slide in......

Too late for that.....names will not be removed from ballot now. You also know that Andrea will not back down....ever.

Post Board of Elections

I called the Board of Elections yesterday and printing did not answer. I got them today and they said ballots were not ready because there is a election dispute court case that is not settled so ballots are not printed yet.
    Cath is right, usually they are printed already.

Right again, Cath, I/WE have come too far to back down, especially to someone who lied to my face in front of a room of people. He said he started the tire burning plant protest and it was a bold face lie. It started in my living room Jan. 2, 1990, lasted a few years and I don't even remember him at a meeting with us, ever. To verify I can get the people involved in a blink who will back me up in a heartbeat!
    Why lie?

Minniefield never told Andrea he started the tire burning plant protest. I was in the room and nothing like that was said or implied.

However, he did start on the process to bring in a community center. He and a consultant walked through Lincoln school last wednesday to see if something could be done and a written report will be comming.

Andrea knows about this because she showed up late the the steering committe meeting where a report was given.

Post HaHaHa

I was running late because I just got out of a long meeting in the Mayor's office with the Erie County Sewer, 6 of us attended so we could ask all the necessary questions about the capacity of the sewar lines by the slaughter house, will they be able to take the animal blood, poo poo, chemicals, etc.

Please! I have been on the First Ward Steering committee for years, First Ward Block Club, NAC, St. Anthony Church Choir, you want more? I am not getting into a p****** m**** with you because it is obvious you are trying to slam me.

Yes he did say that he started the tire burning plant protest and openly lied, I knew I should have immediately called him out on it but I was so disgusted and just considered the source.
    When you tell one lie it leads to ....
    As far as a Community Center goes I brought the original Architect who built Friendship House in 1967 to look at it, he sent a preliminary report, at no charge, about his building. The building is only 42 years old---he reports that it does not make sense to raze it when it could easily be re-habed.
    Lincoln School should become Senior subsidized apartments because of its size, it is appr. 60,000 sq.ft. ---the asbestos abatement is 1 million alone, whether it is razed or re-habed.

As far as working with people and name dropping I just take it for granted in my line of work, does name dropping make him feel important? Mr. Monafo and I have worked together for many years, he recently went through the $15,000 Friendship House structural report ordered by the Mayor for me and we compared dollar to dollar. The Mayor hurried up and ordered the report WITHOUT following our City of Lackawanna Procurement Policy OR Council Approval, to put the report into the Re-Store NY grant that he lost anyway. Another reason why we need a forensic financial audit of the City of Lackawanna budget, they are spending money like drunken......!

With all these degrees why isn't he off doing surgery or finding a cure for the common cold?
    Why does the computer tell people to send donations to his house and not a fancy office in Amherst or somewhere?
    Why was he driving a car with no upholstery on the inside doors before he started driving that Cadillac that used to be owned by a Contractor that worked at the Global Concepts Charter School on Ridge Road Lackawanna where he was the School Board President?
    Why would he bother with politics--shouldn't he be off getting a Nobel Prize or knock Mr. Billitier off of being the Erie County Health Commissioner?
    Why go after a job that pays only $13,500/year and people call you 24/7 with issues when he is so busy with all his research work and national touring engagements?

He also lied about starting the Block Club in Bethlehem Park----it was Joe Dev.... from Lebanon St. and Sue E..... Stella's daughter. Come on, why lie?

Post Clarification!

"Mr. Monafo and I have worked together for many years, he recently went "through the $15,000 Friendship House structural report ordered by the Mayor for me and we compared dollar"

Some of you might read this wrong, I will clarify: "ordered by the Mayor for me and we compared..."
    The Mayor did not order the report for me---I meant Mr. Monafo went through the report for me---the Mayor ordered the report for himself and his grant application to the state for demo money.
    If the Mayor would have requested money for re-hab we probably would have received it! The $15,000 report could have been put into the start of the building repairs! Everything except the windows is brick, yes it needs a roof and infrastructure, its Ridge Road location is priceless!
    Someone on purpose trashed the atrium so that from the lobby windows it would appear gone beyond repair. It is a hoax to make it look worse than it is!

Of course I am realistic, the building needs everything, Nick Monafo offered to help restore it back in April.

Post Hmmm...

Ok mixed feelings, when I went to Second baptist Church on Church Street in Lackawanna on Tuesday October 13, 2009 to attend the First Ward Steering Committee, there were "4" people present when I entered the meeting, they were:
    * Ralph M. from City Hall
    * Jeff S. who, well I am not sure what he does
    * Pastor
    * William M.
    So, mixed feelings----YOU must be one of the above or related somehow.

Who really cares if I was late to a meeting, at least I have been attending them for "20" years because I want to know what is happening and be a helper to facilitate outcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    there were "4" people present when I entered the meeting, they were:
    * Ralph M. from City Hall
    * Jeff S. who, well I am not sure what he does
    * Pastor
    * William M.
    So, mixed feelings----YOU must be one of the above or related somehow.

WHO CARES who this person is??? LISTEN to the message and not the sender, please!

Who really cares if I was late to a meeting
    You are WRONG on this one Andrea. People DO CARE and (sometimes one can understand being late to meetings because of prior commitments) some people will say this is purposefully done because you like DRAMA and want to draw attention to YOURSELF.... Why not come early for a change????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    With all these degrees why isn't he off doing surgery or finding a cure for the common cold?
    Why does the computer tell people to send donations to his house and not a fancy office in Amherst or somewhere?
    Why was he driving a car with no upholstery on the inside doors before he started driving that Cadillac that used to be owned by a Contractor that worked at the Global Concepts Charter School on Ridge Road Lackawanna where he was the School Board President?
    Why would he bother with politics--shouldn't he be off getting a Nobel Prize or knock Mr. Billitier off of being the Erie County Health Commissioner?
    Why go after a job that pays only $13,500/year and people call you 24/7 with issues when he is so busy with all his research work and national touring engagements?
    (
    Now this is an example of EXACTLY what people DO NOT WANT.....DIRTY POLITICS!!!! It is soooooooooo wrong Andrea on sooooooooo many levels!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hmmm let's see, you think that "either" Bill or Andrea NOT RUN so that MR. Noman doesn't "slide" in and you suggest they give their support to the "other" candidate. That would be Jerge. Just what this city needs, another good ole boy. He doesn't even live in the 1st ward. If I own rental property in Lackawanna's 1st ward, but I live in Hamburg would that give me the right to run for 1st ward councilman or even Mayor?

Hey Tired...Can you read? Where did I mention the other candidate being Mr. Jerge...? This is pretty direct and clear with the "other" being Mr. Noman.

Mr. Jerge is NOT running for personal reasons. Someone might want to ask for his help though.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[QUOTE=tiredofbs;559883 If I own rental property in Lackawanna's 1st ward, but I live in Hamburg would that give me the right to run for 1st ward councilman or even Mayor?[/QUOTE]

If a candidate could run for the US Presidency, win and NOT have to show proof of his birth place then you may be right on this line of thought.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now this is an example of EXACTLY what people DO NOT WANT.....DIRTY POLITICS!!!! It is soooooooooo wrong Andrea on sooooooooo many levels!!!
    I agree, I don't know what has gotten into you Andrea. First you slam Noman and his guys then you slam Minnifield. Seems like your true colors are starting to show and that may very well be what costs you this election. Your the only candidate name calling and slinging dirt, The First Ward doesn't need a leader like that & neither does our city.

Thumbs up

Yey!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information