Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Councilman Races

Councilman Races

Can someone please post the results broken up my districts for 3rd ward and 1st ward council races. Thank You

Got 1st Ward

I went downtown to the Board of Elections today, this is what I know from their computer print-out:
    Bocce- Firehall - St. Anthony - St.Michael-
    Noman 2-- 99-- 202-- 12
    Jerge 132-- 58-- 104-- 14
    Haxton 14-- 38-- 77- 3
    Minniefield 34- 32-- 44--

The results still have to be canvassed officially by the Boaed of Elections and absentee votes are not opened yet.

Very sorry, when I preview them the line-up is not lined up like I tried to do. You can still follow from left to right.

Thank u Andrea. Will you be running in November? If so Good Luck.

William Minniefield is also running in november on his own party line "1st Ward Refortm Party."

He did quite well as a "write in candidate" in the primary. Of course the front page did not report these results or at least mention there was a "write-in."

Post Canvassed !st Ward Votes

I got the official vote canvassing numbers from the Democratic Primary done yesterday, even though the commissioners still have to certify, which is just a formality.

Noman 375
    Jerge 322
    Haxton 137
    Minniefield 97

Includes all the absentees and write-ins.

Thay " A " train is still on track for November 3, 2009 the general election under THE SUNSHINE PARTY!
    woo woo! I know I can--I know I can! All Aboard!

137 votes out of over a thousand residents. The people have spoken and less than 10% want you back. Geez Andrea, does GOD have to strike you with lightning to get the message across?????????
    Last edited by SunnyLA; October 4th, 2009 at 09:01 AM.

God doesn't like name calling!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    i'm confused

Noman 375
    Jerge 322
    Haxton 137
    Minniefield 97

2 people had more votes... why is Haxton happy?

Exactly my point. She is all about herself. She puts up these smoking mirrors but at the end of the day its all about her.

You watch and see how much support she gets in NOV. Her closest friends banned her campaign. Instead of trying to reach out she attacks attacks attacks.

Please Andrea, the people DON'T WANT U BACK. YOU ONLY BEAT MINNIFIELD BY 38 VOTES AND HE WAS A WRITE-IN. GEEZ LOUISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Andrea, the people DON'T WANT U BACK. YOU ONLY BEAT MINNIFIELD BY 38 VOTES AND HE WAS A WRITE-IN. GEEZ LOUISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

40 votes and she didn't lift a finger for them. Did absolutely nothing on the campaign trail. Imagine if she worked it!!
    Last edited by cath829; October 4th, 2009 at 01:32 PM. Reason: add

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post

40 votes and she didn't lift a finger for them. Did absolutely nothing on the campaign trail. Imagine if she worked it!!
    I think the point to be made is that if Andrea really wanted to win then SHE SHOULD HAVE WORKED IT!!!!!

Friends and Family plan?

O.K., This may not be politically correct, but I'm going to say it.. Call me gullible, but I just watched a documentary claiming that Muslims have a plan to evangelize America without conflict by insinuating themselves into our system of education, journalism, and POLITICS. Today's news (news 4 at noon) had a segment claiming the world's population is now one quarter Muslim. Apparently, the world we live in is not the world our children will inherit. So what concerns me is if Mr. Noman is elected in Lackawanna, I'm going to be blunt, isn't he going to work harder for the Muslim community than the rest of the citizens that reside in the 1st ward? I have questions, is Mr. Noman a member of the Mosque? Would his religion affect his decision making as a councilman? Would he have to excuse himself from meetings to pray? Everyone is down on Andrea for wanting a community center for the kids, but channel 4 also quoted him as wanting one (in the old Bethlehem Steel building). Maybe the fact that Andrea comes here and talks to you hurts her because the absence of the other candidates, who knows what they think? Would Mr. Noman be more favorable to boys groups than girls? Don't hate me, I can't stop thinking about this. They said that most countries around the world populate at rates of about 1.6 children per couple, but Muslims are 8.1, is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by YNOTNOW View Post
    O.K., This may not be politically correct, but I'm going to say it.. Call me gullible, but I just watched a documentary claiming that Muslims have a plan to evangelize America without conflict by insinuating themselves into our system of education, journalism, and POLITICS. Today's news (news 4 at noon) had a segment claiming the world's population is now one quarter Muslim. Apparently, the world we live in is not the world our children will inherit. So what concerns me is if Mr. Noman is elected in Lackawanna, I'm going to be blunt, isn't he going to work harder for the Muslim community than the rest of the citizens that reside in the 1st ward? I have questions, is Mr. Noman a member of the Mosque? Would his religion affect his decision making as a councilman? Would he have to excuse himself from meetings to pray? Everyone is down on Andrea for wanting a community center for the kids, but channel 4 also quoted him as wanting one (in the old Bethlehem Steel building). Maybe the fact that Andrea comes here and talks to you hurts her because the absence of the other candidates, who knows what they think? Would Mr. Noman be more favorable to boys groups than girls? Don't hate me, I can't stop thinking about this. They said that most countries around the world populate at rates of about 1.6 children per couple, but Muslims are 8.1, is this true?
    Well, only Mr. Noman could answer that. We will soon be a "blended" world and the caucasians will be in the minority in our lifetime for the very reasons you listed above. I do not know if this is good or bad. It is a fact that the world will be very different for the children now....hopefully, all will be well!
    Andrea made history by being the first council "woman." I do not think she favored women or even white women over others in her position. Andrea easily works with all kinds of people/cultures. Do you think all the others on the Council can claim this? We should embrace diversity because it is what is inside a person that matters!!!
    Last edited by literal; October 8th, 2009 at 07:56 PM. Reason: spelling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes, I do not know Mr. Noman's lifestyle at all. I REALLY wish all the candidates were here to weigh in on the issues! Maybe in the future this is how we could get to know who is running (make it a requirement), I would love to know more about all candidates I vote for! Educate me please, do Muslim men have a western point of view regarding women? I really do have vague notions of them walking, with a woman following 10 feet behind. Also, I am thinking of the man from Orchard Park...

Thumbs up Focus on topic

What this have to do with the Lackawanna' 1st ward issues and councilman race? Focus on the topic.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information