Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sabres 1-8-1 in the last 10 games

Let's be realistic here. This team is just bad. All but 4-6 of these players won't be on the team in 2-3 years and may not be in the NHL at all. To fire Nolan now or after this season when he has clearly been set up to fail, wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. Next year could be different though, with some newbies moving up and more FAs, the team should be better. But then I expect Nolan will look better too.
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Streaking sabers 11 in a row anyone want tickets? 3-0 first period lead then fall apart..The Red Wings trailed 3-0 after the first period, but scored five consecutive goals.
    http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...730751&lang=en
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

off for the west coast should be fun

d

The one thing the Sabes have going for them in the race to the bottom is Teddy Nolan. He couldn't coach when he was here before and he can't coach now. If he was this great NHL quality coach what in hell was he doing in Latvia? And please don't feed me the same old crappola about being blacklisted...if he could coach there would've been a gm somewhere desperate enough to save his own ass that he'd have given Nolan a chance. He's coached this team to a last place in the division, last place in the league and he's headed there again. The one good year he had, the team hired a good assistant (Paul Theriau?) who put in a system and he had the greatest goalie in history. The guy stinks.

When Nolan was here before, he was voted Coach Of The Year and took a very untalented team to the division title and the playoffs
    HipKat's Blog

after nine days off sabres tank again tonight on their west coast road trip and go to 12 in a row

How would we have known that without you posting here?
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    When Nolan was here before, he was voted Coach Of The Year and took a very untalented team to the division title and the playoffs
    And I explained why. After winning that award he refused to return the phone calls of the team gm because he felt that he was the team. Of course he went on to great glory after he left here...his record for career wins and Stanley cups won will never be challenged. Latvia's record of World cup wins & Olympic Gold medals are the envy of the hockey playing world.

I really cant figure out why people around here go to these games.
    2010 Pistol Championship
    Army Staff Sgt. Robert Park II 3515-182x

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
    I really cant figure out why people around here go to these games.
    Because:

1. We love hockey
    2. We paid for season tickets. See #1
    3. We want to see the opposing teams. See #1
    4. We understand that rebuilding doesn't happen overnight. See #1

Would you prefer that we strive for 7th place every year, or do this the right way like Pittsburgh and Chicago did and be competing for the top every year?

I'm guessing you would rather just come to a message board an complain no matter what like a typical WNYer.

Still streaking at 13 in a row..... what a game last night two very poor teams skating around in circles. damn they are so bad...

Last year Ron Rolston, who had a successful record of developing young talent, was told to develop the sabres young talent but to do it in the NHL. After 20 games his record was something like 4-15-1. The Pegula peed themselves, fired Rolston and Regier and recycled the useless Pat LaFontaine and Dopey Nolan to shut the fans up. The new GM brought in veteran leaders, so we were told, to teach the young players what it took to win in the NHL. We were told that ol' Teddy would bring out the "compete" in his players and we'd be the "hardest working" hockey team in the league again even if we didn't win many games. Right now, Nolan's record in his last 20 games is worse than Rolston's record and his win % since he returned is below Rolston's, who, I might add, wasn't provided with a group of veteran leaders. The problem is the league has changed; it's not 18 years ago & Nolan can't simply role out one pugilist after another to entertain the fans while Hasek keeps them in games and we wait for a puck or 2 to bounce off someone's ass for a typical 2-1 win. And the assistants on this team certainly don't seem able to teach squat. And we ain't got the pugilists; Kaleta is nothing but a cheap shot artist with a target painted on him by the league. And they certainly don't look like the hardest working team in the league that's full of "compete"! I wonder who's the head coach of the national team in Outer Mongolia?

Right on Grump... GM tim murry has nothing but a plus for the team now on a 15 game winless streak.. You have the loyal puck heads around but most have jumped shipped for now. Some of my favorite bars to watch the sabres play are dead I cant even get into a disagreement with a puck head they just are not around.

Sabres shut out tonight 3-0 and that streak is still alive for losses at home..

Fire Teddy oh no. jerry Sullivan thinks so..So they should do the honorable thing and fire coach Ted Nolan right now. Send him out on a high note, after a signature road victory. Put the poor soul out of his misery and bring in some other sap to stand behind the bench and pretend the organization wants to finish above 30th place.

This is not a malicious cry, but a merciful one. I like Nolan. I know what he can do with a team that’s genuinely motivated. It was on display for the world a year ago in Sochi, where Nolan led Latvia to its first-ever Olympic quarterfinal berth and came within five minutes of a stunning upset of Canada in the quarters.

“We’re going to turn this thing around in Buffalo also, under the leadership of Pat LaFontaine,” Nolan told me after the Latvians beat the Swiss in Russia. “We just got there. It’s going to be a good ride.”

LaFontaine resigned 10 days later. So much for his good ride. Nolan’s boss and champion, the man who brought him back to town, was gone. You figured that it would only be a matter of time before Ted joined him, before General Manager Tim Murray brought in his own guy to coach.

I haven't followed this team enough to even know who half the players are this year, honestly, but I feel for Nolan. The guy got the chance he's wanted since he was fired the first time and it seems like all he has to work with are bums
    HipKat's Blog

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information