Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Sabres 1-8-1 in the last 10 games

fans divided puck heads want to win the other fans want to lose.. what about players the snooze says they want to win.. they dont seem too.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...gainst-coyotes

had it all last night the boo birds the puck heads and the anti win fans.. and players who knows where their heads are. what a joke for a pro team

Sabres boost hopes of ‘tankers’
    There were just over 12 minutes to go in the first period Thursday night when it became quite clear that this was no ordinary hockey game between the Buffalo Sabres and the Arizona Coyotes.

A noticeable cheer rose from the crowd of Sabres fans at First Niagara Center when the team from Arizona scored the first goal. A woman in a Sabres jersey stood and applauded the Coyotes. Frank Taberski, who loves the Sabres, was jubilant and let the fans around him in Section 115 know that on this night he would be rooting for Arizona.

And by the end of the game, there were plenty more Buffalo fans cheering: the Coyotes beat the Sabres, 4-3, in overtime.

It was a fitting end to a bizarre night in Buffalo when the hottest ticket in town was for a game between the two worst teams in the National Hockey League.

Of course, everyone in the arena knew what was riding on this game. Under the NHL’s lottery system, the team that finishes last would get at least the second pick in the draft, guaranteeing them one of two so-called generational prospects in Connor McDavid or Jack Eichel.
    Last edited by cheekman; March 27th, 2015 at 09:52 AM.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

I'm tired of people whining that it would be unfair to fire Teddy Nolan. Look at it this way, Teddy has a ready made market for his services. Any NHL team looking to finish last can't do better than Teddy. Looks like he's gonna do it 2 years in a row. I've read that everyone has something they can do well. In Teddy's case that's coaching teams into the basement.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    To speak at your level... u r suc a idiot....

As for having a team around the #1 pick....

Next season the Sabres will have:

4 top 5 picks - Bogosian (24), Kane (23), Reinhart (19) and McEichel (18) if things work out.
    2 top 10 picks - Ristolainen (20) and Hodgson (25)
    2 more top 20 picks - Zadorov (19), Girgensons (21)

That is 8 top 20 drafted players that average 21 years of age. Not only is that a tremendous amount of talent....it's also super young. Several sports writers have said that Buffalo has the most talented farm system in the NHL. This includes Bailey, Baptiste, Compher, Fasching and Cornel. You then have vets on the team like Ennis and Moulson to round out the crop.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to the Sabres.
    Within 2-3 years the Sabres should be a perennial playoff contender for a good long time. I can't wait to see this team. Go Sabres!
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    I'm tired of people whining that it would be unfair to fire Teddy Nolan. Look at it this way, Teddy has a ready made market for his services. Any NHL team looking to finish last can't do better than Teddy. Looks like he's gonna do it 2 years in a row. I've read that everyone has something they can do well. In Teddy's case that's coaching teams into the basement.

I am a fan of Nolan. He is a good coach when he has the players. Pretty much the case for 99% of coaches. That said, I have changed my opinion on him staying. I think the best thing for the Sabres is to get a fresh start next season.

As for him 'coaching teams into the basement'...he is coaching a roster that does not belong in the NHL. Even the best coaches in the game would have trouble winning with this roster.

I am a fan of Nolan. He is a good coach when he has the players. Pretty much the case for 99% of coaches. That said, I have changed my opinion on him staying. I think the best thing for the Sabres is to get a fresh start next season.

As for him 'coaching teams into the basement'...he is coaching a roster that does not belong in the NHL. Even the best coaches in the game would have trouble winning with this roster.
    holy cow we agree no players!!

Did you watch that game last night .? ..? unreal another Friday night lossss in front of the home town fans.. Would you call the players now tankers some say yes.

Sabres get tazed by Toews

Loss pleases pro-tanking crowd, keeping team behind 29th-place Coyotes
    It was chaos when Jonathan Toews stole a victory from the Sabres on Friday night. Buffalo fans dreaming of last place stood for hugs, high-fives and fist pumps. The Sabres backers who want victories ran to the exits quickly, angrily as cheers echoed through First Niagara Center.

Emotions poured out during an unreal finish in a season that defies reality.

The biggest fear for fans who want the Sabres to finish 30th is unexpected points. It’s one thing for Buffalo to beat Arizona or Toronto – opponents with a similar lowly standing – but the Sabres should have no business taking anything from an elite club like Chicago. The Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel fans just want a big “L” in the loss column.

Yet the Sabres’ push for 29th place was in overdrive Friday. After looking like they didn’t even belong in the same league as Chicago at the start, they rallied to take a 3-2 lead with 7:18 to go. Draft fans all across Sabreland were making their foreheads red by slapping their noggins and rubbing them in disbelief.

Then Toews showed why he’s one of hockey’s greatest winners. The Chicago captain scored two goals in a span of 47 seconds, tying the game with 1:43 left and giving his team a 4-3 victory with 55.2 seconds to go.

Cheeks, Went to the game took the grandson or I wouldn't of went. These fans (puck heads as you call them) are crazy they think one player is going to change this team. They have no one on this team except for a few, Ellis is one. Toews is a super hockey player he never gave up last night. He is a winner as for the Sabres I have to say they are Tankers.

"Sabres backers ran to the exits fast" What is wrong with Buffalo Sports Teams!
    Last edited by Ileftchktg; April 4th, 2015 at 07:24 PM.

Were they tanking when they beat Toronto the other night?
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Ileftchktg View Post
    Toews is a super hockey player he never gave up last night. He is a winner as for the Sabres I have to say they are Tankers.

"Sabres backers ran to the exits fast" What is wrong with Buffalo Sports Teams!
    Toews is a winner alright. The hawks knew that when they drafted him 3rd overall in 2006. Then, in 2007, they drafted a kid named pat Kane 1st overall. That's where you find winners in the nhl draft.
    It's as if you're unaware of the fact you made the tankers points by pointing to a team that tanked and was a perpetual bottom dweller.

As for what is wrong with buffalo sports teams, look no further than our teams usual pattern of struggling to make the playoffs and failing, and then drafting the middle of the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    Toews is a winner alright. The hawks knew that when they drafted him 3rd overall in 2006. Then, in 2007, they drafted a kid named pat Kane 1st overall. That's where you find winners in the nhl draft.
    It's as if you're unaware of the fact you made the tankers points by pointing to a team that tanked and was a perpetual bottom dweller.

As for what is wrong with buffalo sports teams, look no further than our teams usual pattern of struggling to make the playoffs and failing, and then drafting the middle of the pack.
    Yepers .. Saying that all along . People that have destroyed the teams .. ralph Wilson, russ Brandon, and the past coaches they have hired over the years. Sabres , Darcy, larry Quinn, and not sure on ted black or the guy with the glasses.

Money bags has been spending that's good but so has Snyder with the redskins over the years and nothing.
    Last edited by cheekman; April 5th, 2015 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Were they tanking when they beat Toronto the other night?
    Such a puck head.. what happened last night..
    Sabres give way to Islanders

Regulation loss Monday would clinch 30th.. Sabres notebook: McDavid at heart remains a Leafs fan.
    Last edited by cheekman; April 5th, 2015 at 01:13 PM.

Plain and simple they stink tankers or not.
    2010 Pistol Championship
    Army Staff Sgt. Robert Park II 3515-182x

The guy was coaching in Latvia for pity's sake. If he was a NHL caliber coach he would've been coaching in the NHL. It's as simple as that.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information