Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Haxton Declares War on Lackawanna City Hall Corruption!

Post I guess this must be when "they" notified "the public"...............................

Lackawanna Plant Shut Down; "Explosive" Dangers
    2:26 PM, Feb 19, 2011 | 11 commentsTwitterFacebookShareFacebook Twitter Google buzz Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Newsvine Buzz up!Fark it
    EmailPrint-A
    AA
    + Written by
    Michael Wooten FILED UNDER
    WNY News

LACKAWANNA, N.Y. -- The code enforcement officer in Lackawanna was shocked at what he saw on the old Bethlehem Steel site Thursday -- a newly-constructed building that never received permits and four 1,000-gallon propane tanks haphazardly installed.

"If those were to blow up, I think we'd probably lose a quarter of the city," said Steve Bremer, who has worked as code enforcement officer for Lackawanna for 6 years. "We'd have an explosion that they would probably feel in Pennsylvania. Plus, there are also other chemicals on site that could ignite, being very toxic to other people and to residents."

The building was constructed over the railroad tracks, and the propane was used to heat rail cars as they pass through. The heat warms the coke inside the cars, allowing it to be dumped as part of the transport process, Lackawanna officials said.

Mayor Norm Polanski said the companies involved have not responded properly to the city's concerns.

"Our job here in the city is to make sure our citizens are safe,
    and we are here to make sure that people conform to our laws, our rules here in this community," Polanski said. "You endanger my citizens, our citizens, we're going to take action."

The property in question is now owned by Mittal Steel but is being leased to a company called Coltera. Mittal released a statement to 2 On Your Side:

"ArcelorMittal is aware of this issue with a tenant on the property and is diligently working to ensure it is addressed."

Polanski praised the company that supplied the propane, NOCO, which shut down the tanks as soon as it was informed of the problems. Bremer said the operation will remain closed until all parties involved come together to work out a solution.

"Ignorance is not a defense," Bremer said. "We're here to help people, and if you break the law, we're going to come after you."

2 On Your Side was unable to reach Coltera for comment. Lackawanna officials said the company has not been forthcoming to remedy the situation.

Just go to Ch 2 News Buffalo and put in Lackawanna propane to view all.

I can not stop thinking about what the reporter said at the end of the TV video:
    That Lackawanna had " 8x " more propane than what went off in Buffalo! 8x more, oh boy! Make sure you read the comments too if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Communities » Lackawanna LACKAWANNA

Building on Bethlehem site shut downBy Harold McNeil
    NEWS STAFF REPORTER
    Published:
    February 23, 2011, 12:00 AM

Lackawanna Council President Charles Jaworski said a potentially hazardous situation on the old Bethlehem Steel site was averted last week after a building that was constructed without the proper permits was shut down and four 1,000-gallon propane tanks were drained.

The issue was raised during the City Council’s regular business meeting Tuesday, when former 1st Ward Councilwoman Andrea Haxton requested an update on the site during the public comment portion of the meeting.

“The director of code enforcement is taking care of it,” Jaworski said.

“It’s in the hands of the Law Department right now. The tanks have been drained, as far as my knowledge, and [the city Law Department] is going after the builder of the building,” he added.

Last week, Mayor Norman Polanski Jr. confirmed the building constructed over railroad tracks was discovered Wednesday by City Code Enforcement Officer Steven Bremer and immediately shut down. In addition, four haphazardly installed propane tanks were discovered nearby.

“These tanks were put right next to each other. If one of the tanks went up, they all would have gone up,” Polanski said late last week.
    The mayor said a demolition order would be sought this week to raze the building. The tanks were drained by Noco, he added.

The former Bethlehem Steel site is owned by ArcelorMittal, which was leased to another company, according to city officials, though the city’s economic development director said officials were still attempting to pin down the name of the company that leased the property.

“Tonawanda Coke’s name is being thrown around out there,” Miranda said, after the meeting.
    The coal and coke get brought into this building to be warmed up,” Miranda added"[/COLOR]“[[SIZE="6"]

Haxton on Tuesday questioned why city officials had not been aware of the building and the propane tanks earlier.

“You can’t see [the site] from the road,” Jaworski replied.

“I think you’re covering it up,” Haxton responded later.

Both Miranda and Jaworski bristled at Haxton’s suggestion.

“We secured the situation. We notified the public, and we did what we were supposed to do,” Miranda said.

hmcneil@buffnews.com
    I just don't understand how the permits and whatever else you need for "propane", got by the Lackawanna radar. I heard either Polanski or Bremer say " WE " would have ALL been blown up and they would have felt the explosion in Pennsylvania!

What IS Going On and WHEN DID "THEY" NOTIFY the Public?!?!
    FYI: The city's law firm buddies Hodgkins Russ is also the law firm of Tonawanda Coke. ???

Post Many People Can See Through The Corruption and........

February 13th, 2008, 01:06 PM #1
    mrsafetyman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that we have elected a Plumber to run the city down the drain/toilet it is only beginning to show the true colors of the city with the recent scandal.

Mayor Polanski makes deals for election votes and jobs is appaling. Yes caught on tape he was using his authority as they usually do. I would recommend everyone carry a tape recorder its legal. I told you more was coming and here it is. The disturbing thing here is that these are people of Polish descent as I am. What a disgrace to my heritage the corruption.

I wish Kathy Pancsykowski a long time worker for the city ousted by Mayor Polanski for not making any deals to keep her job should file also with the human rights agency for back pay and dignity.

Polanski too called Kathy a poor worker when in fact Kathy mad it through many adminstrations because she was a good worker. Polanski probably offered her a deal too and she refused being honest as Kathy is. So Polanski the Mayor fired her. How disgracful to the Polish heritage. Whom alse has Polanski made these deals with to get him elected again. I hope the DA will intervene which I heard he will and show Buffalo area voters that corruption needs to stop. Isn't it bad enough that we are shrinking in population and jobs. These people all have other great paying jobs and want more. The root of all evil greed! These are also church going people why I am not sure. I think they think there wil be some reconcilation. Don't count on it!

Somehow Justice WILL prevail! I hope in November. 2011 that is.

Now u really can tell u wrote this one.....your spelling proceeds you....by the way Christian lady..??????? Same old name calling...u cant seem to make a point w/o your fungus tongue.....

Ps. Here's your notification....it's an unsafe city...why don't u move to libya?

toms....go back and re-read Andrea's post. She COPIED someone else's post from Feburary 2008.

Like I said before, get another hobby other than going after Andrea on this site becasue it is you who is looking like an immature little boy who lost his ball!!!

Remember Cath everyone on here is either you or her. Everyone else in this city loves everything they are doing!

Just a small person hiding behind a screen name......

Just went through Toms posts. 118 of them and all attacks directed either to you or Andrea. You guys must be on to something here.

Like I said...little boy who lost his ball or never had any to begin with!

Post "TWO" Years ago! Why do we still have the mine field in front of the Library?

Official Website
    COUNCIL MEETING
    COUNCIL CHAMBERS
    Monday, March 2, 2009
    Regular session of the Lackawanna City Council met in the Council Chambers, Council President Charles Jaworski presiding. The meeting was preceded by the Pledge of Allegiance led by Council President Jaworski.
    Roll Call: Present: Haxton, Szymanski, Kulczyk, Schiavi, Jaworski

Create Line Item "Transfer to Capital Funds"

Advises Council that in order to use a portion of the City's fund balance to pay for street resurfacing projects and not sell a bond that would generate interest and bond attorney costs, it will be necessary for the Council to amend the current budget and create a new line item, “Transfer to Capital funds.”

ROBERT MARCINIAK, COMPTROLLER

Moved by Jaworski, seconded by Szymanski, receive and file, act upon ordinance.

Yeas: Haxton, Szymanski, Kulczyk, Schiavi, Jaworski Carried 5 – 0

I begged for this to happen because our fund balance was way too large......Spend cash for the capital improvement instead of "floating another bond"! Save people's hard-earned money by going this route that could be used for other things like a new City Hall, Fire Houses, Community Center, etc.They went along with me but nothing happened---please explain Mr. Jaworski---where is this money? BIG MONEY.

What is our current fund balance and WE "The People" would like to see an itemized bill for the last 5 years! Please.
    Now they are going after some more money which is good---BUT....what happened to this money and why didn't Love/Polanski make sure Ridge Road was complete for us when the "Centennial Bridge" was done last year? They had the money appropriated--where is it?

Thank You.

Street paving in an election year? LOL What about the rest of the problems.

Post Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Street paving in an election year? LOL What about the rest of the problems.
    You hit it mnb! This gives them something to put on their glossy brochures this year: VOTE FOR ME--I'M GREAT,I GOT RIDGE ROAD PAVED THIS YEAR! ( tee hee, So what if you had to ruin your tires the last 3 years, buy em' a round Joe!)

Sidewalks will get done, trees will be trimmed and come down, and some may get curbs if they have enough votes in the house. Please.

Buying votes with the people's own money. What a scam.
    Lots of pot-holes in all communities this time of year. But in Lackawanna the Love/Polanski/Jaworski club synchronize our repair dates with the Erie County Board of Election calender schedule!

Post Why Not Lackawanna?

2010 State Payroll Posted on SeeThroughNY
    Thursday, March 17, 2011

New Yorkers today can search the complete 2010 state government payroll on SeeThroughNY.net, the Empire Center's government transparency website. The database includes, names, titles, base pay rates and total pay received by the 273,983 people who worked in the state's executive, legislative or judicial branches at any point last year...

For the full text of the press release and tables, click here.
    To access the database, click here.

Empire Center for New York State Policy | PO Box 7113 | Albany | NY | 12224
    Not to change the subject But, why isn't ALL Public Information transparent in Lackawanna? They are experts at playing hide and seek. Smells like cover-up to me.

Taxpayers

The street I live on resembles something from the aftermath of WWII yet everywhere else in the neighborhood the streets have been paved if not given a new sidewalk and curb. As I drove down these streets I noticed most of the individuals living there were on Welfare or collected some type of disability. These are the type of people we have driving around the neighborhoods with all the free time on their hands using our tax dollars to destroy the roads with their oil leaks and heavy SUV's As for my Street I believe only one family there gets medicaid but everyone is a taxpayer and works hard, yet they come home to a bumpy slanted street full of potholes. Its 2011 Lackawanna lets take care of our hardworkers that keep you in office.

Polanski as Mayor

Hey Polanski was it worth the 100 grand or whatever they pay you mayors now. I bet all the crap you had to put up with added another 30 years to your age. For the next cadidate of Mayor please be advised that tensions are rising in Lackawanna and this next term will not be worth the headache, in the end you will lose the love of the people and they will hate you for trying.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information