Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Meegan, Hart and Hanley Changing Town Board Meeting Policy

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    And you and nogods think you can limit the ability of registered voters to participate in a petition of interest to all voters in a town? Ha,ha, hee, hee, ho, ho! I'm cracking up with laughter! Ha, ha, hee, hee, ho, ho, you guys slay me!
    Typical grump, when shown to be wrong attack the messenger. While we may not be able to do that individually on our own - all ideas for change start small.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

I reiterate, the very first post starting this thread said that 3 board members acted to change the policy. Not only is that a majority it's a unanimous majority so I'm unsure what your point is. I don't know what was recorded in the minutes and when. Look it up if you need to know. I look forward to the election that you hold where you get to choose who among the legally registered voters are allowed to vote and those who aren't.
    First the OP did not say their act was proper or voted on.

Also I know it was not properly voted on in an open meeting because I did review the minutes, if you are asserting otherwise shouldn't it be on you to prove your point?

In fact Town Attorney Fenz has stated: "The Chairperson also has the authority to make the rules." which is not true as I pointed out that it is the Town Board as a body must establish the rules. ( http://www.westseneca.net/index.php?q=node/1503 )
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    Typical grump, when shown to be wrong attack the messenger. While we may not be able to do that individually on our own - all ideas for change start small.
    Well, I won't be shown wrong until you and nogods actually enact your antic scheme to deny registered voters the right to participate in electoral process by denying them the right to sign petitions and its upheld by the courts. Ha, ha, hee, hee, ho, ho, I can't catch my breath. And as nogods himself has shown there is no right to participate at a meeting of the town board unless it's in the context of a public hearing. So by not allowing public comment the board is simply reflecting long settled policy in NY.

Well, I won't be shown wrong until you and nogods actually enact your antic scheme to deny registered voters the right to participate in electoral process by denying them the right to sign petitions and its upheld by the courts. Ha, ha, hee, hee, ho, ho, I can't catch my breath. And as nogods himself has shown there is no right to participate at a meeting of the town board unless it's in the context of a public hearing. So by not allowing public comment the board is simply reflecting long settled policy in NY.
    You are simply wrong. While generally there is no right of public participation that does not preclude it. In this case the right and manner of public participation was set by the Town Board of the Town of West Seneca several decades ago. In order to effect a change of that right and manner of public participation it must be done by the Town Board by a vote in a public meeting. Not by whim and edict of the presiding officer as Town Attorney Fenz appears to believe as well as you.

Then you get off your lazy ass go to court and get it reversed! Otherwise why continue to bitch and whine about it? At least you acknowledge the fact there is no right to public participation. Or are you afraid that you'll find out that a flaw in the process of removing a right that doesn't exist (if there was a flaw) doesn't create the right that never existed in the first place? And I do look forward to you and nogods working on implementing your scheme to prevent registered voters from participating in the electoral process. Here's a thought...Google search " grandfather clause". That may give the two of you some tips on how to get started.

Then you get off your lazy ass go to court and get it reversed!
    Apparently you do not know me well.

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    Apparently you do not know me well.
    Why, that's the Lone Ranger!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information