Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gas Prices

Reservation is like 1.84

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Reservation is like 1.84
    Jeff, How can some states sell gas for that price with taxes included and we can't? Wouldn't $1.84 be great at every station?
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

The question again is not why is NYS paying more, but why has gas prices dropped so quickly & by so much ? What are "they" up to ? Is this a political ploy ? Plus why hasn't the price of goods that went up along with & because of the high gas prices not come down ??
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

Quote Originally Posted by dgrzeb View Post
    The question again is not why is NYS paying more, but why has gas prices dropped so quickly & by so much ? What are "they" up to ? Is this a political ploy ? Plus why hasn't the price of goods that went up along with & because of the high gas prices not come down ??
    Good question. Seen the price of tires lately?
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Good question. Seen the price of tires lately?
    Yes, I just did some tire shopping 2 months ago, I experienced sticker shock as prices were high, even for used ones. I believe there's 1 quart of oil used for each average sized tire made...
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

I was getting one replaced on a company van last week and looking at prices almost gave me a stroke
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by dgrzeb View Post

Various global reasons no the least of which we are producing more oil than ever.

It's not good news for everyone

PITTSBURGH— U.S. Steel Corp. said it will idle plants in Ohio and Texas and lay off 756 workers, becoming one of the first big U.S. industrial casualties of the recent collapse in global oil prices.

The plants make steel pipe and tube for oil and gas exploration and drilling. With oil prices more than 5½-year lows and hovering around $50 a barrel, energy companies have far less incentive to drill for new supply, reducing demand for the plant’s products.

The Lorain, Ohio operation, which will shed 614 workers, produces more than 700,000 tons of pipe a year. Houston, where 142 will be laid off, generates over 100,000 tons annually.

“The company has suddenly lost a great deal of business because of the recent downturn in the oil industry,” Tom McDermott, president of United Steelworkers local 1104 in Lorain wrote to workers, in a letter reviewed by The Wall Street Journal. “What appeared just a few short weeks ago as being a productive year, [with new hires in December and extra turns going on], has most abruptly turned sour.” The union declined further comment.

The weakness could extend beyond U.S. Steel. In the last five years, U.S., French and Chinese companies have built up millions of tons of new capacity from Ohio to Texas, lured by a resurgent American auto industry and the country’s booming oil and gas sector. A subsidiary of France’s Vallourec SA, for example, built a $650 million, 500,000-ton-per-year mill in Youngstown, Ohio. The company didn’t return calls seeking comment. Other steelmakers with key U.S. operations include Nucor Corp, Steel Dynamics Inc., ArcelorMittal and AK Steel Holding Corp.

More here: http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-steel-to-cut-jobs-am
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by NY The Vampire State View Post
    2.70's

The greedy pricks in Albany want to raise the gas tax!

Cuck Fuomo
    I wonder how much of the new gas tax will be appropriated to the The New Tappan Zee Bridge project.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post
    I wonder how much of the new gas tax will be appropriated to the The New Tappan Zee Bridge project.
    Ehh, the bridge is a good scape goat. If its not being used for an excuse, the taxes would go back down after the bridge is bought and paid for. That ain't going to happen.

It like any other move NY makes, they are drooling at the opportunity. You have spare money and they swoop in to grab it. NYS is your business partner. Got to pay your business partner.
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information