Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Slaughterhouse on Ridge Rd. Lackawanna

Post Disagree

Quote Originally Posted by mnb 811 View Post
    It is ok where it is. They wanted that to be the catalyst to revive the neighborhood but they let them open halfassedly.I wonder what happened to the 500 grand this place got from the state thanks to Senator Bill Stachowski. It was nice to see how the Yemenite community threw this guy under the bus even though he did this for them and got their soccer club thousands of dollars a year.

Many Disagree, WE ARE A CITY NOT Farmland!
    It is NOT ok where it is----- and the Round-Up proved it Tuesday night! I heard we made national news!---not for our kids being top spellers or something----but for our run-away herd! I Was proud of the goat who chased the people on top of the car---he really did not want to go back in there!

If this same slaughter house was on the corner of your street you would feel quite differently and I mean no disrespect to you and yours. How much poo and pee do you think 150 goats, sheep, etc. make?--not to mention the cows and 1000 chickens/week! It must also be fly city by the coops and corrals.

The people lived in the neighborhood longggg before the slaughter house did. Team Polanski should have given ALL Citizens respect and have been open about the whole operation instead of hiding it for 3 months! Letting only certain voters in on the deal. Everything is always about "the Vote"---what are they scared of?

How could it be a catalyst to revive the neighborhood?--- The other business was there for many many years---what did it revive? Be a catalyst to bring in what other business? And the grocery store across the street changed names 3x in the 9 1/2 years I was at my store. Some catalyst.

More to this story---MUCHHHH MOREEE! And like we said, we would have compromised on the location back in the old plant but were left in the dark about the whole deal, unlike certain individuals "in the inner circle".

wonder what happened to the 500 grand this place got from the state thanks to Senator Bill Stachowski. It was nice to see how the Yemenite community threw this guy under the bus even though he did this for them and got their soccer club thousands of dollars a year.[/

What is this all about?
    Last edited by andreahaxton; November 7th, 2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: ording

Yee Haw!

Baaaahhh. Baaaahhhh. Old McDonald had a farm, eeh i eeh i oohh.

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Many Disagree, WE ARE A CITY NOT Farmland!
    It is NOT ok where it is----- and the Round-Up proved it Tuesday night! I heard we made national news!---not for our kids being top spellers or something----but for our run-away herd! I Was proud of the goat who chased the people on top of the car---he really did not want to go back in there!

If this same slaughter house was on the corner of your street you would feel quite differently and I mean no disrespect to you and yours. How much poo and pee do you think 150 goats, sheep, etc. make?--not to mention the cows and 1000 chickens/week! It must also be fly city by the coops and corrals.

The people lived in the neighborhood longggg before the slaughter house did. Team Polanski should have given ALL Citizens respect and have been open about the whole operation instead of hiding it for 3 months! Letting only certain voters in on the deal. Everything is always about "the Vote"---what are they scared of?

How could it be a catalyst to revive the neighborhood?--- The other business was there for many many years---what did it revive? Be a catalyst to bring in what other business? And the grocery store across the street changed names 3x in the 9 1/2 years I was at my store. Some catalyst.

More to this story---MUCHHHH MOREEE! And like we said, we would have compromised on the location back in the old plant but were left in the dark about the whole deal, unlike certain individuals "in the inner circle".

wonder what happened to the 500 grand this place got from the state thanks to Senator Bill Stachowski. It was nice to see how the Yemenite community threw this guy under the bus even though he did this for them and got their soccer club thousands of dollars a year.[/

What is this all about?
    I was wondering how things were going over there in your town. Just reading this post, I guess not too good. I feel great empathy for all the residents. This is stuff that makes me sick to death. As taxpayers continue to pay their taxes and you have your town officials railroad the very people who pay their salaries.

I am sure your town has heard everything from economic engines to --- I know what's best for this town ----mantra. We hear it all the time in our town. I have to say, this story is probably the worst kind of story one could read about. I can see how this made national news.

Elections are coming, but you know what I think there is really nothing you can do. I love the old saying----MOVE. Don't you like to slap people when they say that?

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread Information