Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hockey Association is a front for political operatives

Hockey Association is a front for political operatives

That's the way I read the Buffalo News article today. Why do they have extra money to hand out to politicians? Isn't it all supposed to be for the kids? Why are they giving money to other organizations?

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregio...ry/786587.html

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    When Lynch was initially contacted about the contributions, he acknowledged the group has been giving money to political campaigns for at least the 10 years he has been president. He said the hockey association contributes generously to charities, as well, and gives money to any political candidate who requests money.
    Is the the same hockey group that wants a tax payer subsidized hockey rink?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Is the the same hockey group that wants a tax payer subsidized hockey rink?
    Correct and the same people accepting money are a part of the committee to push for either a new rink or refurbished rink. Interesting? You have to admire Mr. Petko for calling people out on this or else the majority of people outside of speakup wouldn't know otherwise.

Once again.....

The only way you are going to eliminate corruption in the political process is by taking away the money.......

Lets say the figure is about 12,000,000 bucks. 12,000,000 / 700 ~ $17,000 a kid.

That's cheap compared to the schools. And if you argue about it they'll say
    "It's for the children," "Why are you against the children?" Typical Clinton BS tactics.
    Last edited by Effigy; September 6th, 2009 at 08:55 PM.

What happened to the post on how much this rink will be costing us?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'll re-word it and put it up.

I think it's time for the WS community to sit down with your supervisor and tell him to spill the beans before you guys are saddled with over $12,000,000 million in debt.

This from a man who I believed wanted downsizing to save $60,000 but seems to be working on spending millions for 700 kids.

So seeing the hockey association broke the rules about donating when do they loose their non profit status? If it's not pursued I think it's about time we all start breaking ever law we want to. YEP... Why pay taxes? Don't. THey can't prosecute. They won't prosecute themselves so they have no legal standing to prosecute anyone. Wouldn't we all agree?

A better title

A more appropriate title for this thread would have been "West Seneca, a front for political operatives." It all comes back to the Mayberry syndrome, where there are only two degrees of separation at best.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

I'll re-word it and put it up.

I think it's time for the WS community to sit down with your supervisor and tell him to spill the beans before you guys are saddled with over $12,000,000 million in debt.

This from a man who I believed wanted downsizing to save $60,000 but seems to be working on spending millions for 700 kids.

So seeing the hockey association broke the rules about donating when do they loose their non profit status? If it's not pursued I think it's about time we all start breaking ever law we want to. YEP... Why pay taxes? Don't. THey can't prosecute. They won't prosecute themselves so they have no legal standing to prosecute anyone. Wouldn't we all agree?
    Did you really believe that Wally's agenda was anything other than getting his opposition out of the way? Now we know why - he won't have anyone standing in the way of his ice rink.
    I just went on the IRS website and it says very clearly that it is illegal for a 501(c)(3) organization to donate to a political candidate. I don't think it matters whether or not one candidate gave the money back. What about all the other candidates? The best thing that could happen to West Seneca would be if the Hockey Association lost its status. Get a new group of people in there who really are "for the kids."

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead View Post
    Did you really believe that Wally's agenda was anything other than getting his opposition out of the way? Now we know why - he won't have anyone standing in the way of his ice rink.
    I just went on the IRS website and it says very clearly that it is illegal for a 501(c)(3) organization to donate to a political candidate. I don't think it matters whether or not one candidate gave the money back. What about all the other candidates? The best thing that could happen to West Seneca would be if the Hockey Association lost its status. Get a new group of people in there who really are "for the kids."
    So what is the point of having rules if they don't need to be followeD?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Motion by Councilman Graber, seconded by Councilwoman Meegan, to accept the professional engineering services proposal submitted by Carmina-Wood-Morris, 487 Main Street, Suite 600, Buffalo, NY 14203, in the amount of $30,000 for providing professional engineering services on the Ice Rink Study, noting that funding will be under 1.7141.0445.
    Did this go to bid? Why doesn't the hockey association pay for the study? The people that want the rink?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm curious... is wally open in support of spending all those millions? or is he just working behind the scene with the hockey association because that's what a supervisor is supposed to do?

I'm curious... is wally open in support of spending all those millions? or is he just working behind the scene with the hockey association because that's what a supervisor is supposed to do?
    His kids do play hockey, and his wife was in the audience with the kids, when the ice rink issue first surfaced. As for his support of public funds being used, your guess is as good as mine. He may be offering "advice" on the Q-T, while avoiding the appearance of support. In WS, nothing is out of the ordinary, or surprising.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Apparently they have not learned what political activity is prohibited and is putting their 501(c) status in jeopardy.

WSYHA-Endorsement.jpg
    Last edited by dtwarren; November 2nd, 2015 at 08:01 AM.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    Apparently they have not learned what political activity is prohibited and is putting their 501(c) status in jeopardy.
    Every time someone puts up an attachment, I get this when I click on it.

vBulletin Message

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Georgia L Schlager

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information