Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what's the Flood Plan? Here's your challenge

So what's the Flood Plan? Here's your challenge

I'm guessing neither the Holtz, the Town Board, Earl Loder, nor the Mark Wegner have any plan for the predicted flooding.

I'm guessing the only plan they have is "let's wait and see what happens, then tell the public we are doing the best we can because no one could have planned for such an unexpected event."

You have plenty of warning of the impeding flood.

Do you have something as simple as a schedule for checking the know potential clog points or pre-positioning machinery to clear them?

What's the plan for locating and clearing sewer receives clooged by the leaves that were not picked up and the snow covering them?

Prove me wrong Holtz, town board members, Earl, and Mark.

Post the plans on the Town's website or even here so the citizens of Cheektowaga can see that you are all doing your jobs.

Well, its the end of the work week so it is clear there won't be anyone from the town of Cheektowaga posting their plan for the flood until Monday. At least the town did post some information on the town website about clearing snow off roofs, around entrances, and fire hydrants.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Well, its the end of the work week so it is clear there won't be anyone from the town of Cheektowaga posting their plan for the flood until Monday. At least the town did post some information on the town website about clearing snow off roofs, around entrances, and fire hydrants.
    So they were Mr obvious in what they posted? That's some helpful information they provided.

I don't think flooding will be a problem even on Lexington Green in WS. Usually the major flooding is due to ice jams. There will be no ice jams now. I hope I am right for if there is a major flooding problem our powers to be will screw that up too. Just saying .

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Does our town have record of areas that usually flood?

Has Cayuga Creek ever flood the homes along it's path?

This was how high it was Dec 22 2013. I wonder what it will be like Sunday and Monday

The problem is much greater than creek flooding. Except for the receiver in front of my house, all the other storm drains have 4 feet of snow and frozen leaves on top of them. Melting snow and rain has no place to go. A few years ago I came home after a day of hard rains when the drain was covered with leaves. The road was completely under water and was backing up our driveways. An hour after I cleared out the receiver it was back to normal.

But by Sunday that 4 feet of snow will be 2 feet of ice and leaves. Good luck trying to clear them out then. Luckily we only had a foot or so of snow.

In the areas with 8 foot plow piles on the road side, the water from rain and melting snow will flood the streets and then the basements of the homes.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This is one reason open green space is important to a community. Right?

Our basement is already rearrange so anything important should not get wet. Hopefully the sump pump won't fail and keep up with drain tiles.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    This is one reason open green space is important to a community. Right?

Our basement is already rearrange so anything important should not get wet. Hopefully the sump pump won't fail and keep up with drain tiles.
    Yes I agree on the lack of green space.We are supposed to rely on engineers of major developers that there will be no problems with another mall or housing development. If anyone believes them I have a bridge to sell you.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Twain you are so right. The bullcrap people will tell the community to get their agenda pushed through. That is why I wonder why town board members don't seem to put the entire community's best interest first when developers want to build new homes or business property. The original home owners sort of pick up the cost that the new developers create. More needed law enforcement, basic services, and so forth. Then when you top that off with a "political social club" controlling those services you end up with the highest property taxes in the nation. When you have time review the Cheetowaga forum.

News flash, this is a America, the land of the free. Anyone and everyone can do an analysis of the place they pick to chose as home. You pick a place that has risks, that is YOUR issue.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    News flash, this is a America, the land of the free. Anyone and everyone can do an analysis of the place they pick to chose as home. You pick a place that has risks, that is YOUR issue.
    Frank, come on land of the free? If you are a billionaire. Yes we have a lot of freedoms but in the last 20 yrs the billionaires have taken over. I know this is capitalism, but do we have to give tax breaks to the billionaires? Has one billionaire in our area come forward to help out in any way. Of course not , they took their jets south. As one famous comedian said we are free to pick everyday items , but major agenda is in the hands of the powerful.

hahah.. you funny..... my argument stands! Billionaires have nothing to do with it. Many I am sure help, but do not feel a need to brag about it...
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Heard on the radio Palidino donated a bunch of hotel rooms -free to those coming into the area to help with snow removal
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    Heard on the radio Palidino donated a bunch of hotel rooms -free to those coming into the area to help with snow removal
    There are many good rich people, who do much to help. Much of it we will never hear about. The hate for "billionaires" is misguided and warped.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    There are many good rich people, who do much to help. Much of it we will never hear about. The hate for "billionaires" is misguided and warped.
    I try to never use the word HATE, I think it is by far the worst 4 letter word.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information