Thread: Boat parts needed

Boat parts needed

I am looking for Cobra out drive parts: these pictures show:
    One is the out drive tie bar - on the ends are "saddles/brackets" - they attach to the out drive hydraulic lift cylinders and the tie bar connects the out drives. This helps the out drives maintain a symmetrical angle while turning. Attachment 4327
    The second picture is a through bolt type that does the same thing - yet it mounts to the Top of the out drive where you would check the gear oil.
    Attachment 4328

The last picture shows whats calle a "Out drive shower" it bolts onto the top of the Cobra out Drive - in the same to area as the tie bar does. It has a tube going down to below the cavitation plate - it scoops up water and showers the out drive head.
    Attachment 4329
    If you have parts to sell - lets talk - if you know someone who can bend metal and maybe make the saddles - lets talk. Its for a boat project I am working on. Simple work for anyone with a metal working shop or older out drives laying around for sale.

Post or message me if you can help. -

Mercruiser, shower, out drive, tie bar
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Georgia L Schlager

Thanks - I have the showers, mounts and saddles - I am looking for the top plates to make another version - The only part I need now is on the top of the Cobra outdrive - there's a plate at the top where you check the drive oil level. I'll try and post a picture - looks like the gray part in the water shower picture. Usually painted black/aluminum.

Thanks
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Thread Information