Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Town of Cheektowaga ??

Good points - why is the Highway Department handling plows for hire ?

Who gets these jobs needs to be investigated - this should not be done !

Many services are listed in phone books - online at craigslist and you can also post a free ad for bids your self.

Don't let this go to your head - you've weathered the worse part - the media is scarring many people - seniors are panicking - call your neighbors for help - get the nephews out to help relatives - for the most part - you aren't going to be allowed onto the main streets any way !

Relax - if its a true emergency call the regular police phone number and let them know what's needed - 911 is the wrong number to call for non life threatening needs. Look in your phone book for local services.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The town shouldn't be involved in this other than maybe having a list of people the home owner can call.

Its probably easier for the Contractors to go through the town this way 1 contractors takes one part of the town another the other streets this way they are not criss crossing across town. Plus I imagine residents are calling asking if the highway will dig them out. This way at least they have a answer for these people instead of telling them they have to contact someone to plow them out I dont see the big deal

i used the towns phone number and I set up the snow removal of my driveway through them. i have to say it was a relatively easy process and well worth the $200 that i personally paid the contractor. they dug me out, not just an ordinary truck with a plow but a pay loader.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    Its probably easier for the Contractors to go through the town this way 1 contractors takes one part of the town another the other streets this way they are not criss crossing across town. Plus I imagine residents are calling asking if the highway will dig them out. This way at least they have a answer for these people instead of telling them they have to contact someone to plow them out I dont see the big deal
    Why would a home owner think they could call the highway department to have their private driveway cleared out? That thought wouldn't have crossed my mind. I can see calling the highway depart to get an ETA to have the road plowed but that's about it.

Now the town of Cheektowaga site has plow jobs $200. and up
    The Highway Dept has contracted with several companies who will come out and dig out your driveway for $200 and up, depending on how big your driveway is. Please call 686-3450 and they will get you on the list.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Why would a home owner think they could call the highway department to have their private driveway cleared out? That thought wouldn't have crossed my mind. I can see calling the highway depart to get an ETA to have the road plowed but that's about it.
    Because of the severity of the storm people are desperate ,scared why wouldn't they call asking for help?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    The town shouldn't be involved in this other than maybe having a list of people the home owner can call.
    Right on res.. that's it just a list..
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    Because of the severity of the storm people are desperate ,scared why wouldn't they call asking for help?
    They would call 911, a hospital, their church, a volunteer fire hall, family member, or someone they know if they have no family.... Not the highway department to clear their driveway. It isn't the driveway department... It's the highway department.

This was brought up yesterday at coffee time with the pack... No one heard from holtz during the storm I think once and she mad a dumb comment and that was it. No fish fry at all could he have been stuck out on the other side of elma.. chief zack nothing.... only cop was asst chief and really could figure out what he was telling the public...
    You have one of the hardest hit towns and no town officials..

just Diane on this sit ...

Maybe it is just me, but I thought the supervisor was supposed to be the spokesperson for the town.

Kudos to Diane for keeping everyone informed but she was probably snowed in at her house.

As for fish fry Mark did it ever occur to anyone that he was busy trying to keep up with the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by towagan View Post
    Maybe it is just me, but I thought the supervisor was supposed to be the spokesperson for the town.

Kudos to Diane for keeping everyone informed but she was probably snowed in at her house.

As for fish fry Mark did it ever occur to anyone that he was busy trying to keep up with the storm.
    Problem is you heard from the WS supervisor, the goofball supervisor in hamburg, highway heads from OP, WS, Elma, EC, city of Buffalo, and ekel as he kissed cuomo 's butt. Supervisor from lancaster. No mention from anyone in this town about flooding issues and what is going to be done. As for fish fry at least have the asst. highway head on and tell the residents what is going on... My grade for command and control part of the storm for cheek D-

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Nothing is going to change if our town continues to have the Cheektowaga Democratic Social Club controlling our town board. Wait till you see the next resolution and another pay raise. Brought to us property/business owners by Supervisor Holtz and seconded by Diane. So why the elderly in our town and young families are paying some of the highest taxes in the nation the beat goes on.

Appointment of Director of the Department of Information Technology and Records Management Sponsored By: Supervisor Holtz, Councilmember Benczkowski

WHEREAS, the Town Supervisor has been overseeing the operations of the Information Technology Department and has recommended to the Town Board that it is in the best interest of the Town to have a Department Head oversee the operations and employees of the Information Technology Department; AND WHEREAS, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX has served as the Municipal Records Manager for the Town since 2002 and has worked closely with the Information Technology staff has proven herself to be fully capable of directing the activities of the Information Technology employees;

AND WHEREAS, the work performed in the areas of Records management and Information technology has become more closely aligned; NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the employees and operations in the Records Center and the employees and operations in Information Technology are now combined into one Department known as the Department of Information Technology & Records Management; and NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that effective immediately XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is appointed to the position of Director of the Department of Information Technology and Records Management at an annual salary of $85,500, and NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the title of

OMG : NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that effective immediately XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is appointed to the position of Director of the Department of Information Technology and Records Management at an annual salary of $85,500, and NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED"

$85,500.00 tax dollars a year - plus tax funded benefits - tax funded pension and God knows what else - $85,500.00 starting pay
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by CheektowagaFan View Post
    Queen holtz hasn't been seen my bet she is passed out at the kitchen table with a bottle of booze thinking how have her and Scaminski can't blame the town employees on this screw up. I do wonder though those 2 should just resign and if they realize just how useless they are to taxpayers
    You can't blame anyone. There was just a lot of snow all at once.

Who ended up plowing Rowley? The town, county or private hire?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information