Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Save the post office

Save the post office

I, Andrea Haxton, First Ward Councilwoman, City of Lackawanna and “We the undersigned residents of Lackawanna, N.Y. “ and other concerned citizens implore all of our Elected Officials, on the Local, State and Federal levels to do all they can to keep the Lackawanna Branch Post Office open to the public no matter what. The closing will have a severe impact on our City Hall, Seniors, Banks, all Citizens and business community. We also implore the Post Master General and President Obama to intervene on behalf of the City of Lackawanna residents to stop the closure of our Lackawanna Post Office on Ridge Road Lackawanna, N.Y. Thank you in advance for your help, our citizens are counting on you to STOP this critical moment that we are ALL facing. We the undersigned voters and residents :
    Name Address Comments

1.________________________________________________ ___________________________________
    2.________________________________________________ ___________________________________
    3.________________________________________________ ___________________________________
    4.________________________________________________ ___________________________________
    5.________________________________________________ ___________________________________
    6.________________________________________________ ___________________________________
    7.________________________________________________ ___________________________________
    8.________________________________________________ ___________________________________
    9.________________________________________________ ___________________________________
    10._______________________________________________ ___________________________________
    11._______________________________________________ ___________________________________
    12._______________________________________________ ___________________________________
    13._______________________________________________ ___________________________________
    14._______________________________________________ ___________________________________
    15._______________________________________________ ___________________________________

New Topic, WE MUST ALL WORK TOGETHER TO SAVE OUR POST OFFICE! THANKS, ANDREA----Anyone want to form a team? Call me 563-4349 soon I hope, Kenmore is on their game, why can't we be--at least with this critical City of Lackawanna issue! Time is running out, Let's all mobilize!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Just for curiosity how many letter pickup/drop off does that branch get weekly? You can't keep something open that basically has not enough business to support itself.

You must be a liberal? Who else would support a govt organization that runs at a 13 BILLION loss!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I don't think liberal has anything to do with this. Some people just want the post office to stay open. I see their point but then again I wonder how utilized it is.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    I, Andrea Haxton, First Ward Councilwoman, City of Lackawanna and “We the undersigned residents of Lackawanna, N.Y. “ and other concerned citizens implore all of our Elected Officials, on the Local, State and Federal levels to do all they can to keep the Lackawanna Branch Post Office open to the public no matter what. The closing will have a severe impact on our City Hall, Seniors, Banks, all Citizens and business community. We also implore the Post Master General and President Obama to intervene on behalf of the City of Lackawanna residents to stop the closure of our Lackawanna Post Office on Ridge Road Lackawanna, N.Y. Thank you in advance for your help, our citizens are counting on you to STOP this critical moment that we are ALL facing. We the undersigned voters and residents :
    Name Address Comments

1.________________________________________________ ___________________________________
    2.________________________________________________ ___________________________________
    3.________________________________________________ ___________________________________
    4.________________________________________________ ___________________________________
    5.________________________________________________ ___________________________________
    6.________________________________________________ ___________________________________
    7.________________________________________________ ___________________________________
    8.________________________________________________ ___________________________________
    9.________________________________________________ ___________________________________
    10._______________________________________________ ___________________________________
    11._______________________________________________ ___________________________________
    12._______________________________________________ ___________________________________
    13._______________________________________________ ___________________________________
    14._______________________________________________ ___________________________________
    15._______________________________________________ ___________________________________

New Topic, WE MUST ALL WORK TOGETHER TO SAVE OUR POST OFFICE! THANKS, ANDREA----Anyone want to form a team? Call me 563-4349 soon I hope, Kenmore is on their game, why can't we be--at least with this critical City of Lackawanna issue! Time is running out, Let's all mobilize!
    This should be a simple task if all you need is 15 signatures to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I don't think liberal has anything to do with this. Some people just want the post office to stay open. I see their point but then again I wonder how utilized it is.
    It's seems to me that govt can never cut anything that needs to be done! Look at what was announced yesterday, the Kenmore post office will stay open!

Andrea,
    if you want this to stay open, why do you start a non for profit where people can donate their OWN money to keep it open. As a tax payer i'm sick of the TRILLIONS of waste this govt spends every year!

Heres the deal Lackawanna Post Office is always busy so that's not the problem. Building is old and needs updating thats the problem. As far as Kenmore staying open they had the citizens sign petitiions something you guessed it Chuck Jaworski and Company said we didn't need to do...go figure that out.Andrea was the only one pushing the petitiions. These guys just don't care or they are incompetent.

The Post Office..another great example of why the gvt shouldnt be running the health care system.

Quote Originally Posted by runningdownadream View Post
    Heres the deal Lackawanna Post Office is always busy so that's not the problem. Building is old and needs updating thats the problem. As far as Kenmore staying open they had the citizens sign petitiions something you guessed it Chuck Jaworski and Company said we didn't need to do...go figure that out.Andrea was the only one pushing the petitiions. These guys just don't care or they are incompetent.
    You really have to wonder what they "boys" in City Hall are trying to accomplish. The 2nd ward is getting as run down and neglected as the 1st ward. It just doesn't have to be this way. They would like to blame it on the citizens. Reality is 1st and 2nd ward has many low to moderate income families. Rather than throwing citizens, especially senior citizens in jail or threatening outrageous fines for not being able to keep their property up, the City could be helping them out. For starters lower the taxes on these rundown properties.

Sorry, this was off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofbs View Post
    You really have to wonder what they "boys" in City Hall are trying to accomplish. The 2nd ward is getting as run down and neglected as the 1st ward. It just doesn't have to be this way. They would like to blame it on the citizens. Reality is 1st and 2nd ward has many low to moderate income families. Rather than throwing citizens, especially senior citizens in jail or threatening outrageous fines for not being able to keep their property up, the City could be helping them out. For starters lower the taxes on these rundown properties.

Sorry, this was off topic.
    Not really I've been saying all along Polanski and Jaworski do not care about anything except how many jobs and money thaey can get for friends and family. Just look at the mayors response on the Ford Escape we bought him.When Andrea called him out on that that's when they made up building code violations and had her arrested after the council meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by runningdownadream View Post
    Not really I've been saying all along Polanski and Jaworski do not care about anything except how many jobs and money thaey can get for friends and family. Just look at the mayors response on the Ford Escape we bought him.When Andrea called him out on that that's when they made up building code violations and had her arrested after the council meeting.
    What happened to Andrea was typical Lackawanna bull crap politics. Sounds like the same nasty politics with this lady (read the post in the thread, Lackawanna City Code Enforcement Officer Caught Fabricating Codes):
    Quote Originally Posted by DSelvaggio41 View Post
    I'm convince they cant be stopped. I have all kinds of evidence of corruption
    and cant do **** with it..The hell with my story how about the 60yr lady arrested for a code violation. She spent 5 day in the holding center and bail was set at 25,000 dollars. The violation came from the mayor him self .???? yeah i have no idea whats going on with this ****. He withdrew his violation and the bremer hit her with some others. I hear the last and was all ear's i know this lady's family i felt so bad for her.

You see, I know Lackawanna is going through a metamorphosis, may of us feel it too, since I have been an elected official I have learned so much more about their game. I thought people did their jobs so I thought it would be easier to change the neglect from the inside not realizing the extreme the good ole' boys will go to in order to continue to rule their fiefdom! I am an outsider,as I said before, just a Mom hoping to help revitalize our broken down city. Come to find out, the boys like it like this because they all live in their fancy houses on the other side of the bridge , they don't have to look at us or even deal with us daily. They just need us to get them re-elected,along with the others in the county/state, and then drop the First Ward like a hot potato---the proff is in the pudding, just look around. We are also only needed to bring the bucks in----I mean the BIGGG......BUCKS!

I hope they close.
    At one time I would have supported the idea but not now after seeing how they treat someone that's living in the house they want to park their cars on.

They wanted to tear my house down for a new post office.
    We hand poured 60 bags of concrete to build a patio.Poor Gene they killed with the harassment.
    They wanted to offer us 8 thou less then the mortgage and then threatened eminent domain if we didn't like that offer.The Fed's showed up and told them they didn't need a bigger post office for this area,that's why the deal didn't go through.
    My family has been harassed non stop from the beginning of the "new Post Office" and ever since "The new post office" plan didn't happen.
    The plan (the now resigned)William Eagan told us was going to save the city.It's a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonldy View Post
    The plan (the now resigned)William Eagan told us was going to save the city.It's a joke
    Anyone who thinks more govt can "save a city", is a MORON and a JOKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    Anyone who thinks more govt can "save a city", is a MORON and a JOKE!
    I'm honestly not against the entire government.I believe there are some people in office that want to make a difference.There's good and bad in everything
    Saving the city should start with some new paint at least for city hall.Maybe shove those wires hanging out of the ceiling in..Fix the stairs perhaps..paint the cherry stone and stop drunk people from harassing people as they walk by.Those things might help a little to start with.Tearing down entire city blocks seems a tad extreme top start out with.

Maybe quiet down the motorcycles that run through all hours of the night,do we have police with ears that work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information