Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: White House: Obama 'Bound And Determined' to Grant Amnesty to 34 million illegals

White House: Obama 'Bound And Determined' to Grant Amnesty to 34 million illegals

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest explained to reporters that President Obama was “bound and determined” to use his executive power to grant amnesty for illegal immigrants despite the results of the mid-term elections.

“The best example of something like this would be on immigration reform,” Earnest said, citing Republican unwillingness to consider the Gang of Eight immigration reform bill that passed the Senate.

“The president has indicated that before the end of the year he is prepared to use his executive authority to try to fix those elements of the immigration system that he can fix, using his executive authority,” Earnest said, reminding reporters to expect an announcement by the end of the year.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ection-Results
    "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." --Barack Obama

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    How is granting amnesty "fixing those elements of the immigration" reform?

What needs to be reformed in the first place?
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan2009 View Post
    White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest explained to reporters that President Obama was “bound and determined” to use his executive power to grant amnesty for illegal immigrants despite the results of the mid-term elections.

“The best example of something like this would be on immigration reform,” Earnest said, citing Republican unwillingness to consider the Gang of Eight immigration reform bill that passed the Senate.

“The president has indicated that before the end of the year he is prepared to use his executive authority to try to fix those elements of the immigration system that he can fix, using his executive authority,” Earnest said, reminding reporters to expect an announcement by the end of the year.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ection-Results
    Let us hope that the new Republican majority in the Senate can thwart Obama's executive power plans to make Illegal Immigrants legal.
    Woke up today the sun was shining and best of all the Republican will soon be in power in the Senate.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I think the term "reform" in this case is BS. You just can't have millions of people illegally cross the border and every so often grant citizenship. Especially if the people here currently foot the bill for the welfare needs of those people.

Where are all the Obama supporters???

I bet they are wishing they could have taken that one back.

Too many of our own children go to bed hungry at night and this President is going to increase the burden on our government at all levels.

Face it, we're at war with idealists who have no restraint. The borders get sealed to the south, more heavily guarded to the north.

The military of the United States is deployed in more than 150 countries around the world, with over 160,000 of its active-duty personnel serving outside the United States and its territories and an additional 110,000 deployed in various contingency operations. US troops are spread across the globe: approximately 68,000 are stationed in Europe; approximately 80,000 in East Asia and the Pacific region; nearly 4,900 in North Africa, the Near East, and South Asia; over 1,750 in the Western Hemisphere; nearly 400 in Sub-Saharan Africa; and less than 100 in states of the former Soviet Union. Of those in Europe, most of the military personnel are located at installations activated during the Cold War, by which the US government sought to challenge the Soviet Union in the aftermath of World War II.

It's time to bring them home and let them server their country IN their country. We can keep advisers in other countries assigned to various embassies but there is no need to that many soldiers to do nothing but live in Europe, South East Asia, etc for 18 months doing nothing but hitting the motor pool every day and the field for training every week or so. Overseas duty anymore is just a chance to play soldier in another country.

Our borders are unsafe and being over run by drug cartels and illegal immigrants. I still say we welcome your poor, tired, etc, but by LEGAL means.
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Congressman Luis Gutiérrez (D-IL) is warning President Obama that if he doesn't announce amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants there could be a "civil war" in the Democrat Party.

Gutiérrez has been a staunch advocate for blanket amnesty and was one of the loudest voices urging Obama to use his executive authority to institute a fiat of amnesty to millions of illegals before the midterm elections, something that Obama shied away from.

Unhappy that the President refused his entreaties, the Chicago Congressman now has a warning for Obama.

"This problem that you see, politically, is nothing in comparison to the civil war that will be created politically in the Democratic party should the president not be broad and generous in his use of prosecutorial discretion," Gutiérrez told the UK Guardian. "Because Latinos will not be deciding whether or not they vote, but whether or not they are in the Democratic Party."

Gutiérrez went on to say that Obama has created a "self-inflicted" wound on the Democrat Party by breaking his earlier promises to deal with immigration. And he warned that Latinos may decide that the Democrat Party isn't their home after all.
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...n-t-OK-Amnesty

Gutiérrez: Everyone is talking about immigration

Congressman Luis Gutiérrez (D-IL) discusses the prospects for action in November on immigration reform on MSNBC and suggests the President and Speaker Boehne...

Hip - before you get your shorts ripped - you might want to correct/amend and then apologize for this line you wrote:
    "Overseas duty anymore is just a chance to play soldier in another country"

"Play soldier" - Really - our young men and women are dying for your freedoms ! Wouldn't want anyone to misunderstand this now would we ?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

I think Obama's planned actions are not only obviously UnConstitutional but also against the will of the American people. I saw a poll that said nearly 80% of the country thinks Amnesty is a bad idea and our country simply cannot absorb 11 million illegals. Why would Obama do this if so many people are against it? Who knows, but it makes you wonder what Obama's true intentions are and if he doesn't care about ruining the country.

If he does this, which it looks like he plans on doing, he should be impeached. The Congress is the only one who can make laws, a President cannot. Only in a dictatorship does one person make the laws. Democrats and Republicans together are united against Obama in his Amnesty.
    One planet, one life.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Hip - before you get your shorts ripped - you might want to correct/amend and then apologize for this line you wrote:
    "Overseas duty anymore is just a chance to play soldier in another country"

"Play soldier" - Really - our young men and women are dying for your freedoms ! Wouldn't want anyone to misunderstand this now would we ?
    No one is dying in Korea, Germany, etc.
    Being stationed in those countries is the same as being stationed here. It's a job with nights and weekends off. I don't know about you but I served overseas.

BTW, I think I just agreed, in that post, with your stance on the topic.
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Eagle View Post
    I think Obama's planned actions are not only obviously UnConstitutional but also against the will of the American people. I saw a poll that said nearly 80% of the country thinks Amnesty is a bad idea and our country simply cannot absorb 11 million illegals. Why would Obama do this if so many people are against it? Who knows, but it makes you wonder what Obama's true intentions are and if he doesn't care about ruining the country.

If he does this, which it looks like he plans on doing, he should be impeached. The Congress is the only one who can make laws, a President cannot. Only in a dictatorship does one person make the laws. Democrats and Republicans together are united against Obama in his Amnesty.

With 11 million illegals getting amnesty it will only be a matter of time that these illegals are granted the right to vote. Which party will they vote for? You won't need a slide rule to figure that out.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Eagle View Post
    I think Obama's planned actions are not only obviously UnConstitutional .
    Obviously how? It is easy to say, but more difficult to prove. How Unconstitutional and which article?

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    Obviously how? It is easy to say, but more difficult to prove. How Unconstitutional and which article?

b.b.
    Ouch, how embarrassing. Bob forgot his High School civics class apparently.

Does the president have the power to make law?

No. He can't even PROPOSE laws by himself (in America). He has to ask the public to ask their congressman to submit it.

Presidents do not have to ask the public to ask their Congressmen to propose a law. Many times, the staff of the President works on proposed laws with or without input from Congressmen. Once the wording of the proposed law is in final form, the President works directly with the Congressional leaders in his own party and they work out which Congresmen will introduce the bill. Presidents do not ask the public at large to ask their Congressmen to propose laws.

A bill passed by both houses of Congress does not become law until it is presented to the president for his approval and signature. If the president disapproves a bill, he returns it to Congress along with his written objections. This action is referred to as a "veto". Congress then reconsiders the bill and votes again. If two-thirds or more members of each house of Congress approve the bill it becomes law notwithstanding the president's veto. If a reconsidered bill receives fewer than a two-thirds favorable vote in either body, the bill fails. If the original bill sent to the president was passed by two-thirds of the members of the House and Senate it is considered "veto proof". It becomes a law whether or not it is approved by the president.

In recent years presidents have attempted, for all practical purposes, to invalidate portions of enacted legislation by issuing "signing statements" to Congress concurrently with his approval of a bill. These statements essentially announce that the president will not "execute" those portions of enacted legislation that he opposes. This practice is not supported by the Constitution, and is arguably in violation of it, since the president is obligated to "execute" all laws without reservation. However, the practice has not been challenged in the courts.
    http://legal.answers.wikia.com/wiki/...er_to_make_law
    One planet, one life.

How long until the low-rider replaces the presidential limo?
    The national bird becomes the rooster?
    Tacos served for thanksgiving?
    Si si puede!

We have too many tired and poor. They're the Dem's base.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information