Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lackawanna Council Race

Thumbs up

What kind?

Any kind that he can get his grubby hands on!

Here is an article that Dennis has submitted to the Front Page to be published next week. He believes that the complete article will not make publication and that the Council members may try to stop his donation of his salary.

Those Who Stand For Nothing, Fall For Anything

“Whenever an election is coming up, all the politicians come out and give you the same
    song and dance about the same issues, all the way up until they get elected. Then you don’t hear anymore from them until they are up for election again” says Third Ward Council Candidate Dennis Mulqueen. “I believe people are tired of this. There is a great need in our city government right now for honesty. All you have to do is research what a candidate puts in the paper and make sure what they say is true and actually call them out when it isn’t.”

“I have always told the truth because I believe in honesty. Coming from the private sector gives me credibility that career politicians don’t have. I have no hidden agenda. I am not beholden to anyone. I do not need to tell you what you want to hear to get elected. I can just give you honest, straightforward answers that are true whether you like the answer or not,” said Mulqueen.

“My opponent’s accomplishments as the Third Ward Council Member speak for itself. Is this what we need as our representative?” states Mulqueen. “He has only submitted two agenda items. Both items were without substance for the ward in which he represents. His record currently stands at zero.”

“As your Council representative, I promise to be visible daily on the streets of our Third Ward. I will actually research and question agenda items before I vote on them. I vow to fight for your concerns and implement them. I will donate my entire salary that I earn each year to “update” our playgrounds, so our children have a safe, clean environment to enjoy themselves,” Mulqueen continued.

“The only way the system in Lackawanna will ever change is if enough well-meaning, private sector people, like myself get involved in local government for the right reason and are able to resist being absorbed into the political food chain. I am not change for the sake of change. I am change for the benefit of the people I serve. If you feel the way I do about our city, please support me when voting on November 3, 2009”, concluded Mulqueen.

I hope that Dennis wins the election! I do not know Binky or have anything against him but new blood is a good thing. We need idealism coupled with a desire to SERVE THE PEOPLE and not one's own ambitions...

I do think though, realistically speaking, no matter what job a person gets it will be very different from what you thought it was. Life truly is about making deals (without having to prostitute your soul!!) in order to survive and do the good work you want to accomplish. So, BE REAL FOLKS!!!

I know what to expect and know what you have to do to get things done. Just read the council minutes go to a meeting and you'll get the picture of how it is. Key thing is you need to remember where you came from and who you are serving and don't let people intimidate you into doing something you know isn't right.

Committee to Elect Dennis M. Mulqueen, Jr.
    Announces Fundraiser

DENNIS M. MULQUEEN JR.

for
    Lackawanna Third Ward Candidate

Saturday, September 26, 2009
    5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
    at
    Jacobi’s Restaurant
    1404 Abbott Road
    Lackawanna, New York 14218

Food, Drinks, Door prizes, 50/50, Basket Raffles
    Donation $20.00 Tickets Available at Door

I have my ticket!
    You see folks, Dennis is exactly the type of hard-working young family man this City needs to sit in the seat of decision maker for Lackawanna. He has no other agenda than to break through the cronyism and work to maintain and rebuild neighborhoods.

My Declaration of War Against Corruption in Lackawanna City Hall Government

Haxton Declares War on Lackawanna City Hall Corruption!
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 4:24:21 PMFrom: Andrea Haxton View Contact
    To: newsroomfpg@wny.twcbc.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andrea Haxton candidate for re-election to First Ward Councilperson City of Lackawanna declared to The Front Page News this week, " I want all the good citizens of the City of Lackawanna to know that I declare war against the continued corruption and mismanagement of our cities money! "
    She continued, "The political machine has fought to keep me and my non-political allies in the dark about city hall business for decades. Lackawanna politicians and the political people in our city control citizens through " lack " of knowledge and abuse of their governmental powers."
    " I have had it with their inability to properly run this city and draw the line in the sand right now! ", said Andrea. "The Mayor was recently overheard saying, ""Primary Day was sweet"", and last year told citizens, "He was going to make an example of me and remove me from office". Haxton continued, " Folks, he and the machine hate me and my allies because we call him out on the mismanagement of your hard-earned money. City Hall is spending money like drunken sailors, and my fellow Council refuse to work with me to instill tighter budget controls. Lackawanna ""lacks"" many citizen services and nothing ever seems to change,look around,the proof is in your surroundings/playgrounds. The machine is working very hard to block me from being re-elected, and spending mega-money trying to accomplish it."
    Andrea concluded, " You see folks, I am a people person. My only agenda is to give the government to the people, educate all citizens, even our children about how THEIR city operates. Many of you know how much I love to talk and I tell people everything that is going on in OUR City Hall because city business is EVERYONE'S business. I believe in a transparent open government, down-sizing and consolidation of offices to save tax dollars. I want our city run like a business-----where the customers(CITIZENS) come first instead of the way the politicians have set themselves up, them and their family first ! "
    "The political machine may have won a battle on primary day but with your help through your vote we can all win the war against corruption on November 3,2009 general election day . I am on the ballot under my independent political line called THE SUNSHINE PARTY, and over the next weeks I will be disclosing ALL of the corruption I have discovered since I took office. Citizens,if you would like to come forward about what you know concerning corruption please e-mail me at andreahaxton@yahoo.com .

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andrea Haxton candidate for re-election to First Ward Councilperson City of Lackawanna declared to The Front Page News this week, " I want all the good citizens of the City of Lackawanna to know that I declare war against the continued corruption and mismanagement of our cities money! "
    She continued, "The political machine has fought to keep me and my non-political allies in the dark about city hall business for decades. Lackawanna politicians and the political people in our city control citizens through " lack " of knowledge and abuse of their governmental powers."
    " I have had it with their inability to properly run this city and draw the line in the sand right now! ", said Andrea. "The Mayor was recently overheard saying, ""Primary Day was sweet"", and last year told citizens, "He was going to make an example of me and remove me from office". Haxton continued, " Folks, he and the machine hate me and my allies because we call him out on the mismanagement of your hard-earned money. City Hall is spending money like drunken sailors, and my fellow Council refuse to work with me to instill tighter budget controls. Lackawanna ""lacks"" many citizen services and nothing ever seems to change,look around,the proof is in your surroundings/playgrounds. The machine is working very hard to block me from being re-elected, and spending mega-money trying to accomplish it."
    Andrea concluded, " You see folks, I am a people person. My only agenda is to give the government to the people, educate all citizens, even our children about how THEIR city operates. Many of you know how much I love to talk and I tell people everything that is going on in OUR City Hall because city business is EVERYONE'S business. I believe in a transparent open government, down-sizing and consolidation of offices to save tax dollars. I want our city run like a business-----where the customers(CITIZENS) come first instead of the way the politicians have set themselves up, them and their family first ! "
    "The political machine may have won a battle on primary day but with your help through your vote we can all win the war against corruption on November 3,2009 general election day . I am on the ballot under my independent political line called THE SUNSHINE PARTY, and over the next weeks I will be disclosing ALL of the corruption I have discovered since I took office. Citizens,if you would like to come forward about what you know concerning corruption please e-mail me at andreahaxton@yahoo.com .
    You are delusional....

Charge!

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post

Great commentary Councilwoman Haxton! You recently posted that you have been threatened, and come back fighting harder! If not for you, no one would know that the Mayor in Lackawanna had procured an SUV for himself, but could have used the money for a city hall generator (or playground equipment). My head is still spinning about the comment from literal, that everyone has to die sometime. Unbelievable! Your emergency services should be available, especially during a power outage, where things are more likely to go wrong. Literal, I hope one of your children or grandchildren are not in a car crash, because the traffic lights were out and they needed HELP! Councilwoman---I think you are a person such as Erin Brockovich or Lois Gibbs, I hope you win your war and they make a movie out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by YNOTNOW View Post
    Literal, I hope one of your children or grandchildren are not in a car crash, because the traffic lights were out and they needed HELP!
    I do not have children or grandchildren nor do I want anyone to die because of lack of emergency response to a need. What was the plan in NYC when September 11 happened? Are you blaming everyone there too?????

My comment was based on the sarcastic comment of Cath where she used the street name where I live to let me know that she knows who was writing the post. I am quite confident that an ambulance would not get to me any sooner than to anyone else. All I said was I am not a "reactive" type of person and keep on complaining about the same people and the same issues. City Hall people are no different than anyone else at any other job...they are human and until we walk in their shoes.....

I like that Dennis had a plan and acted on it. That, I respect. Don't tell me what is wrong...show me what you can do to make things better and JUST DO IT.

MEOW! Put your claws back in literal. Everyone read your posts in the thread Blackout at City Hall. You attacked cath829 first. If she got back at you, it's your own fault. Other members have pointed out to you that you started it. Stop blaming everyone else. You sound like a broken record. Going on and on about the same issues. Stop complaining and whinning.
    Remember: If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofbs View Post
    MEOW! Put your claws back in literal. Everyone read your posts in the thread Blackout at City Hall. You attacked cath829 first. If she got back at you, it's your own fault. Other members have pointed out to you that you started it. Stop blaming everyone else. You sound like a broken record. Going on and on about the same issues. Stop complaining and whinning.
    Remember: If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen.
    You have made the case why some people refuse to write in these posts... I am NOT troubled by the likes of you. Me attack Cath? Actually, I like her.....just think she needs to get over the City Hall stuff.

I only complain about negative, disrepectful, mean spirited comments...Could you be one of those?

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    You have made the case why some people refuse to write in these posts... I am NOT troubled by the likes of you. Me attack Cath? Actually, I like her.....just think she needs to get over the City Hall stuff.

I only complain about negative, disrepectful, mean spirited comments...Could you be one of those?
    We know, you are perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofbs View Post
    We know, you are perfect.
    "WE KNOW" Who is "we"? Thank you for that comment for now I KNOW who YOU are!!!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information