Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lackawanna Council Race

Lackawanna Council Race

There was a question asked as to why Mr. Minniefield left his job at the charter school on the ChangeLackawanna forum some time ago. After questioning people about it, I was amazed to find out that a private citizen had donated $ for the playground and supposedly Minniefield did something with that donation. Also, they raised a question about a swap for a cadillac that Minniefield is driving. Is anyone aware of this? Does anyone know what really went on??

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    There was a question asked as to why Mr. Minniefield left his job at the charter school on the ChangeLackawanna forum some time ago. After questioning people about it, I was amazed to find out that a private citizen had donated $ for the playground and supposedly Minniefield did something with that donation. Also, they raised a question about a swap for a cadillac that Minniefield is driving. Is anyone aware of this? Does anyone know what really went on??
    Not a clue. If that is how he conducts himself, we don't want him in council.

One thing about Lackawanna is its all about the money....Time for a change need to keep party leaders out of it.

We have an important election coming up. I still haven't heard very much about the 2nd ward candidates.

If I lived in the 2nd ward, my choice would be either Jack Kwas or Tim Blarr.

cath829-----no personal attacks...now you are attacking Minniefields character....grow up.

Thank you for al the laughs today Toms. I appreciate them.....keep them coming!

It isn't personal if it's true we need to be informed.

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    If I lived in the 2nd ward, my choice would be either Jack Kwas or Tim Blarr.
    No doubt, but which one? Would you say one is as good as the other? I'm looking for information about them. I'd like to make a good choice.

I believe Kwas is out your only choice is Tim I believe.

By the way some one hit a nerve last week in Front Page. Why does Warthling Mr. Party Leader have to respond to Murphy's article. WE ALL KNOW THE COUNCIL CHANGED THE RULES SO JOYCE CAN BE TREASURER AND TOM CAN BE DPW HEAD. No way can you complain about anything when you change the rules.

Ask yourself this question why do they always change the rules for their family members and friends etc..?

There is a process for the citizens to change the rules and once the citizens do it would be extremely difficult for the council to change them back absent a public referendum.

Such changes can be made by the amendment of the City Charter by petition. See Municipal Home Rule Law sections 36 and 37.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for heads up I will try it trust me this is the most corrupt city in NYS

It has a long running title for such, I grew up there!
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information