Thread: Congressional Candidate Kathy Weppner carries -

Thumbs up Congressional Candidate Kathy Weppner carries -

Congressional candidate Kathy Weppner told nearly 900 students and faculty members at St. Joseph’s Collegiate Institute something you don’t hear every day from a congressional candidate, at least in New York State.

“I carry a gun every day,” said the Williamsville Republican who is challenging Rep. Brian Higgins in the 26th Congressional District. “I’m not carrying now because I’m in a school.”

Congressional candidate Kathy Weppner also said she thinks federal officials in Washington, D.C., should be armed.
    “I would never hurt anyone,” she said. “But if you were lucky enough to be in a room with me, and somebody really bad did come in, I might be able to do something about that.”

Congressional candidate Kathy Weppner
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

“I would never hurt anyone,” she said. “But if you were lucky enough to be in a room with me, and somebody really bad did come in, I might be able to do something about that.”
    If you are not fully prepared to take a human life or adequately trained to "do something about that," then you should not be carrying a gun. Certainly not broadcasting to the world that you carry one because someone will take it from you.

b.b.

High talker Higgins doesn't pack a piece. He carries a nasty man purse and he comes from a long line of brick layers. His entire career has been one giant brick of s***!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    High talker Higgins doesn't pack a piece. He carries a nasty man purse and he comes from a long line of brick layers. His entire career has been one giant brick of s***!
    Isn't that being a little unfair? He must have accomplishments otherwise he would not have moved up the political ladder.

I seem to remember a snooze article suggesting that , while they didn't use these words, he's considered a light weight in DC. He does use his office to try to push people around in town through the perception of power. Yet he couldn't get federal highway funding for the project to reopen Main Street even though it is supposedly a priority for his districts largest municipality. Erkel came to rescue, arguing that the $ wasn't really necessary and wouldn't slow down the project. Which, of course, begs the question, just what were they gonna do w/ the $ if they got it ? Political payola no doubt.

Mr,Higgins like many other career Beaurucrats / Politicians - he stays in office by playing it safe. He's a hero in south buff because of family ties.

He's not threat to anyone in Washington because everyone knows the only time he sticks his head out is in win - win situations.

Two such issues come to mind - One was getting money from the power authority - that was a "no brainer " they never lived up to their original promises and they make billions. He went in and got them to agree to pay less than their fair share - Hooray for Higgins.

The other was lifting the flood plain issues along the canal side property. Home owners thought he did it for them - Hooray for Higgins. Little did they know he knew of plans in the works to spend millions and millions of tax dollars to develop industry in that area - so who was he working for - Big dollar cooperation's ! Hooray for Higgins.

I am not saying he's a bad guy - he's a good Politician and a survivor. He wants to stay where he is - so instead of being in the public eye - he only comes out when the camera is showing him in a good light.

All in all at least he's doesn't pretend to be playing Santa Claus with tax dollars - he votes well and keeps his head low. He has all but avoided the pit falls of the safe act - slick dude.

PS - Who cares if he's gay ?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Thread Information