Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling S.C.O.P.E. , NRA and gun owners - Rally in Cheektowaga on Friday

Calling S.C.O.P.E. , NRA and gun owners - Rally in Cheektowaga on Friday

Cuomo to Hold Rally in Cheektowaga on Friday 10/31/2014

If you are or know a person who believes in your right to possess and owner firearms - if your a hunter or sport target shooter - if you or someone you know have or want to have a pistol permit -
    Rally in Cheektowaga on Friday 10/31/2014

If Cuomo is allowed to not be challenged on the issues he will continue to trample on your rights.

Never forget how he ram rodded the Safe Act through in the dark of night !

After bashing the Working Families Party - the Dems made a deal with Cuomo operatives to secure their support - what promises did he make ? He attacks the working class - then makes a back door deal with their Committee members - Politics as usual !

If your a member of a hunting club - call your friends -

If you support the NRA - call your friends -

If you belong to or support S.C.O.P.E. - call your friends -

If your tired of fake ammo shortages and sky rocketing cost - call your friends -

Never forget Cuomo's attacks on civil service pension rights - he said straight out after receiving Teachers Union donations and donations from Police & Fire Fighter Unions - "I owe them nothing - they know just because they donated - I owe them nothing" Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

Any group or organization planning to attend please post info here so others can help !

#Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

If your a gun/firearm owner - heres another reason to tell Gov Cuomo and friends and family how you feel -

It Could Cost Over $800 to Own Guns in New York

Donate a little now or be forced to pay a lot later!

By this time, most gun owners are familiar with the unSAFE Act’s impact on their Constitutional freedoms. We are also learning about plans for new gun control laws in NY (unSAFE Act 2) and how our rights will further be eroded under Andrew Cuomo and other Democrats in the State Legislature. All of these laws are bad news for your freedom, but how will they affect your wallet? Sad to say, it is going to cost a lot more, upwards of $800, to be a gun owner if the current regime is not voted out of Albany.

1. Ammunition Background Checks: This provision of the unSAFE Act has not been fully implemented yet, and many speculate it is because the costs associated with it would cause massive outrage. Currently, gun shops that receive internet ammunition orders for NY consumers charge an average fee of $10 per transaction. Once the full State Police background check is in place for ammunition, it has been rumored that all ammunition transactions could cost up to $20 to process. Even if you only purchase ammo every other month, expect this to add up to over $120 per year.

2. Private Transfer Fee: Under the unSAFE Act all private firearm sales must now be processed by a license dealer with an associated background check performed. The mandated fee for this service is $10; problem is most dealers do not perform private transfers, because the fee is not worth their while. In practice, most dealers will arrange to buy a firearm off ‘private owner A’ and turn around and sell it to a prearranged ‘private owner B.’ For this service most dealers charge their basic transfer fees, similar to if you bought a gun over the internet, around $50.

3. Pistol Permits: Another component of the unSAFE Act that will likely cost you more in the long run is the 5-year renewal requirement for pistol permits. There is no fee associated with this item now, but it surely has an initial cost to the State and County governments. In time, we should expect these ‘administrative fees’ to be passed on to gun owners.

4. Microstamping: Although this is not a current requirement, the Assembly has perennially tried to pass laws requiring all pistols sold in NYS be capable of microstamping. This unproven technology, where to gun stamps a unique code into the ammo case when fired, is very expensive. The National Shooting Sports Foundation estimates it will add $150 to the cost of all new pistols sold.

5. Gun Owner Liability Insurance: Another law likely to be passed by gun control advocates is one requiring all individual gun owners to carry liability insurance. There are no baseline costs available for this type of insurance, as it is thankfully not required in any of the other 49 states. Experts believe the premium costs will be $200-500 per year.

There are other laws in the works, like safe storage requirements and ammunition coding that will likely cost you more as well, but estimating a cost is difficult with these items.

Only taking into account the fees we can estimate, if the average NY gun owner buys a moderate amount of ammo (with background check), sells a gun to a friend, buy a microstamping-capable pistol, and carries the required liability insurance they can expect to pay upwards $800 in new fees in 2015 and beyond.

Let that sink in, $800 per year, just to exercise your Constitutional rights.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!! The sky is falling!!!

This is just more hysteria from the same GunNuts, Inc lobby that claimed Obama was going to somehow stop the manufacturing of ammunition and that the SAFE act would result in cops confiscating your guns. Neither happened.

Maybe if Republicans offered New Yorkers something besides slavish kissing of GunNuts, Inc's butt, maybe more voters would consider voting for GOP candidates ...
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

The Sky is not falling - your reality is warped !

[QUOTE=Linda_D;1451193]The sky is falling! The sky is falling!! The sky is falling!!!

This is just more hysteria from the same GunNuts, Inc lobby that claimed Obama was going to somehow stop the manufacturing of ammunition - the US Government shut down Americas largest copper mine by over regulateing it - no ammo is now completely manufactured in America - most bullet lead now comes from over seas and is being restricted by tariffs - FACT

and that the SAFE act would result in cops confiscating your guns. Many law abiding citizens have had guns confiscated all across America since the laws were enforced -
    Within weeks of the laws enactment in Washington State law enforcement started going door to door - a judge had to step in and stop them. - FACT.

Neither happened. Your blind or you don't read the news or watch TV news reports -

Maybe if Republicans offered New Yorkers something besides slavish kissing of GunNuts, Inc's butt, maybe more voters would consider voting for GOP candidates ...

Maybe if you could only see reality - Maybe if - Maybe if - try and stick with the facts ! The majority of Dem voters are becoming more and more disillusioned by what they see - their Party has been taken over by pandering liars. The majority of what they do is to support a system designed to support and protect it self - not the average tax payer or our rights and freedoms.

Its easy to say you vote for your liars because you don't like the other Party - or its just easier to be a part of the "Winning Team" some how makes you right.

Maybe if more voters stood up just once and said, "Enough" - but that wont feel good - that would be scary - your life might be unsettled - MAYBE if people pulled their heads out of the sand ?
    Last edited by 4248; October 29th, 2014 at 02:13 PM.

and that the SAFE act would result in cops confiscating your guns. Many law abiding citizens have had guns confiscated all across America since the laws were enforced -
    Within weeks of the laws enactment in Washington State law enforcement started going door to door - a judge had to step in and stop them. - FACT.
    Source please.

b.b.

Try Google search - or read past posts here at Speakup.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post

By this time, most gun owners are familiar with the unSAFE Act’s impact on their Constitutional freedoms.
    If that is true, then they know that only the 7 round limit was unconstitutional.

When you spew BS to support a political position, you lose credibility and an audience for your political positions.

The provisions of the SAFE act might be politically or socially objectionable, but they are not unconstitutional.

Join the adult world and start arguing about issues like an adult. childish overstatements are neither needed nor helpful. Those spewing them make it more difficult for the more reasonable and intelligent people who want to repeal or change the SAFE act to accomplish that goal because they have to overcome the idiotic overstatements.

Again you quote of snibit of a article I posted and mislead by inferering I wrote it -

"Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post

By this time, most gun owners are familiar with the unSAFE Act’s impact on their Constitutional freedoms"

Although I agree the Cuomo Act did violate our rights - and will continue to impose further restrictions and laws to interfere with our rights - I didn't write what you attributed to me.

You know that - you just do what Dems do - twist - misinform - and swerve into some unrelated rant about magazine capacity.

As you stated, Quote from Nogods : "When you spew BS to support a political position, you lose credibility and an audience for your political positions"

Also a gun owning hypocrite elitist like you has no reason to speak on the Safe Act you support - Feinstein, Gifford and so many more Dems who preach about gun control - then like you own and carry - Hypocritical Elitist Dems.
    Last edited by 4248; October 29th, 2014 at 11:22 PM.

Okay,

Let's get a few things straight. Firstly you would have to be an idiot or a resident of Mars not to see that there are attempts some successful at limiting various aspects of gun ownership in NY. Additionally your head would have to be further up from where it is now to see that gun ownership is a target by many people in government and that vigilance is necessary to maintain that constitutional right.

An intelligent person regardless on what side of the fence they are on would have to question a few things
    Firstly, why was there such a push to constrain this 2 second amendment freedom? When common sense dictates that only law abiding citizens are affected and subsequently penalized/criminalized, that it fundamentally changed the rights of some 20 million in NY in response to an event that happened in another state when no such credible threat was imminent in said state. That less than 1 percent of murders are committed with these types of firearms.

Secondly, Can anyone fathom what was going through the founding father's minds when they conceived the second amendment? Think,, it's not hard. I would love to hear from anyone among us that really thinks that the human nature responsible how government operates really has changed over a few millennium....Seriously??

We wouldn't be where we are now as a nation unless people asked questions and actually stood for something.
    Last edited by Save Us; October 30th, 2014 at 10:28 AM.

When you don't source your postings, the logical inference is you wrote it. Unless of course it reads intelligently, then we look to another author.

b.b.

Geronimo was the last Native American to formally surrender.
    "The American Journey" National geographic society pg 542

WE all know what happened when our Government stated to Geronimo and his people, "Lay down your guns - come in peacefully and your Government will protect and take care of you!"

Thousands of Free ranging Indians were herded onto cattle cars and taken by railway into the bad lands of Florida where many died from disease and starvation in the "Government Camps"

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    Okay,

Let's get a few things straight. Firstly you would have to be an idiot or a resident of Mars not to see that there are attempts some successful at limiting various aspects of gun ownership in NY. Additionally your head would have to be further up from where it is now to see that gun ownership is a target by many people in government and that vigilance is necessary to maintain that constitutional right.
    You might also be from Mars if you didn't notice that "restriction" while limiting, is not a denial. I have said this before, the Second amendment is not absolute, otherwise there would be no Constitutionally tested laws restricting firearms from children or felons, illegal aliens or crazy people (to name a few, see 18 USC 922(g) for a list of disqualified persons) The same can be said of the First Amendment, Fourth and at least the Fifth.

One reason to limit access to guns (your constraint on 2A freedoms) is because people are slaughtering others with them. Sure, they may only consist of a small percentage of murders, but what percentage of mass murders? Those murders that occur are pretty devastating because they typically involve true innocents. Not war fighters, not gangsters or other criminals who have perhaps chosen that life.

And lets face some other facts, criminal guns start their lives as 2A lawful firearms. Not some "Sons of Anarchy" style gun smuggling operation. Stolen from law abiding gun owners who many times leave them insecure in closets or night stand drawers. For all the talk of registration and background checks, what about holding those negligent gun owners responsible for the loss of their deadly instruments. Mine are all locked up unless they are on my person and if I were to lose my government firearm they had better steal the lockbox that my agency requires it be in whenever it is not on my hip.

I've been involved in the contraband and interdiction business all my life. I understand that while flawed, reducing availability is a channel for reducing effect. Look at cigarettes. They used to be sold everywhere, even in machines. Access has been reduced, sanctions in place for those who violate, and smoking overall has been reduced as a percentage and as a health risk. Can you still buy cigarettes and smoke them? Yup, but you are restricted in when and where when it affects others.

Reducing the numbers of these weapons, licensing them and registering them to hold owners accountable is a means of reducing availability and perhaps, illegal use. The tyranny argument, while certainly a consideration in the passing of the Amendment in the first place, gets lost when you try and argue that this administration or the one before it is tyrannical. The facts just don't add up. That anyone of us can write the things we do on this web site is proof of that.

I wonder sometimes, if we did not have a Second amendment, if you could pass one today.

b.b.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    SafeAct needs to be repealed. I understand why the clinically insane should not be allowed to own rifles but otherwise:

Remember this election day that this group

www.ecdems.com

Supports Governor Cuomo the SafeAct.

Start removing the registered members who site on our town boards as a start.

You have Penn and Teller, I will raise you Jon Stewart

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/6l...---gun-control

b.b.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I really think the Founding Fathers trump both Penn/Teller and Stewart. I like Stewart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information