Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NYSUT taken to task

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    How disingenuous to state that Grisanti is not an advocate for victims of domestic violence when the Buffalo News report clearly stated: Grisanti supports the first nine points, but opposes the abortion provision and so has voted against the measure, which supporters will not break into separate parts.
    I'm for giving everyone a free college education....but there are lots of priorities ahead of that.

Claiming to be in favor of something but opposing it because of a priority is not the same as supporting it.

He clearly puts his position on abortion over the other 9 points. In other words, just one of the ten trumps all 9 others in his opinion.

It is almost the opposite of his position on the Safe act where having some of his "favored" items in the act was good enough to induce him to vote for the act even though there were items he opposed.

He could have done the same here - he could have said "I'm opposed to the abortion provisions, but I'm so much in favor of the domestic violence provisions that I will support the proposal even though I disagree with one of its provisions."

Taking him to task on not doing that is fair opinion in my opinion.

Lightbulb Hypocrit

So saying I'm going to break the back of the teachers Unions - then seeking their Unions endorsement and money is just a matter of "priorities" for Cuomo !

Pushing the safe act through without due process - then saying, "I respect people rights" was just another "Priority vote" for Cuomo !

Installing a Ethics Committee(Moreland Commission) to investigate corruption - then shutting them down when they get to close to his people - was just a matter of "priorities" for Cuomo !

Now I understand what Nogods meant when he posted:

"I'm for giving everyone a free college education....but there are lots of priorities ahead of that.

Claiming to be in favor of something but opposing it because of a priority is not the same as supporting it"

So its OK for Cuomo to do what he does because he's already in office - I get it now
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Stocker is the only truly independent politician.
    Stocker postured for transformative independence
    Posted on November 3, 2014 by Matthew Ricchiazzi in Endorsements, NY Senate // 0 Comments

Endorsement for State Senate

Kevin Stocker served as Town Prosecutor for over 15 years in the Town of Tonawanda and Village of Kenmore, putting criminals in jail and keeping his community safe. He is a graduate of Kenmore East High School and still lives in his hometown with his wife and two young children.

Stocker is leading in recent polling and is expected to win the 60th district State Senate seat — a remarkable feat for anyone, especially considering the huge sums of special interest money that have been dumped into the race in support of his opponents, Democrat Marc Panepinto has received the backing of the New York State Union of Teachers (NYSUT) to the tune of $600,000; and Independent Mark Grisanti has received the backing of The League of Conservation Voters, a front group funded by billionaire Mike Bloomberg.

This combination of circumstances is what makes Stockers’ candidacy so attractive to average voters. He is the unbought underdog fighting a David versus Goliath matchup against the Teacheers’ unions and New York billionaire bankers –the State’s two most powerful special interests.

Stocker’s campaign on the other hand is almost entirely self funded. He got a mortgage on his house to pay for it.

And when a New York City based group that advocates for charter schools funded a $27,000 mailer to district voters, Stocker disavowed the mailer and the spending because Stocker refuses to accept or benefit from special interest money. That’s a politician who is serious about campaign finance reform.

When Rus Thompson, who leads the local Tea Party movement, aired an independent campaign ad endorsing Stocker, he disavowed that spending too. “My bosses are the voters. I don’t want the support of any political bosses,” he said.

Stocker has already shown voters that he is not for sale, and will refuse the puppet masters who will inevitably solicit him in the cesspool of political prostitution that we call the New York State Senate.

Independence like that doesn’t come along often — so when it does, voters should pounce on the opportunity. In many ways, Stocker has become the change that voters want to see in the world.

That’s what will make a Senator Stocker so transformative in Albany. His supporters say that they see him as a potential Governor in the mold of Theodore Roosevelt. Others say he’s a more likely Attorney General. They see him as an Independent Republican who wants to aggressively solve problems and end a culture of corruption.

“He’s a middle of the road Republican whose looking out for the little guy,” a supporter told me. “The way that they used to be.”

The Buffalo Chronicle strongly endorses Mr. Stocker.
    http://buffalochronicle.com/2014/11/...-independence/

Georgia L Schlager

There is a Conservative Party candidate in this race that nobody talks about. I wonder why?Probably because the other three candidates are all party boot lickers. It doesn't matter what clown in the group of three you vote for, the same good old boys system goes on.

New York State Senate - 60th District
    (Vote for One)
    Marc C. Panepinto (D)
    Kevin T. Stocker (R)
    Timothy D. Gallagher (C)
    Marc C. Panepinto (W)
    Mark J. Grisanti (I)
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post

He could have done the same here - he could have said "I'm opposed to the abortion provisions, but I'm so much in favor of the domestic violence provisions that I will support the proposal even though I disagree with one of its provisions."
    Typical Democrat. You want to cheat and manipulate every which way to pass a bill. Wouldn't the creators of the bill be just as guilty of what you accuse Grisanti of? If they really wanted to guarantee an important domestic violence law , why not just split the bill up and be done with it?
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Maybe you haven't been reading the news, but NYSUT has no friend in Cuomo and vice-versa. Cuomo should go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information