Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rigged Voting Machines in Chicago Changes GOP votes to Dem!!

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    With what Jeff said why can't Erie County activate the verification page on each machine and connect up the printer so each voter has record of who they voted for. That would be in the best interest of us property/business owners.
    That would be nice. The old pull lever machines didn't even do this though.

At least with the machines in Erie country, I know that the paper ballot I put in the machine makes it crystal clear who i voted for.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The old pull lever machines were made in such a way you couldn't really mass effect the voting outcome as you can on these electronic machines. You might as well take your "crystal clear" ballot and put it into a shredder. All the proof your crystal clear ballot sheet proves is that you can fill in a circle. Nothing more.

The old pull lever machines were made in such a way you couldn't really mass effect the voting outcome as you can on these electronic machines. You might as well take your "crystal clear" ballot and put it into a shredder. All the proof your crystal clear ballot sheet proves is that you can fill in a circle. Nothing more.
    That makes no sense. How do you figure that the old machines could not affect voting outcomes if desired? They were simple mechanical machines that could likely be tampered with and they would have had no secondary record of the vote.

The machines currently in place at least have that. In case of perceived irregularities or a close race, at least you have a manually filled out form. I don't understand why that is not valid.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    They would have to be physically mechanically rigged. I'm not saying they can not break done. The part that is not valid is you don't know how the manually filled out form was read. That electronic machine can be broken the entire time before anyone has a clue what is going on.

If I was the head of the Board of Elections the only interest taken would be the property/business owners best interest. Trust but verify. Do you look at your credit card receipt when making a purchase? Do you not ask for a receipt and just gamble on what the cash register said you purchased when each item was scanned?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Okay. Whatever that means.......

The bottom line is that these machines are garage, manufactured by companies with close political ties and junk to boot. The problems affect all voters not just Republicans as some of you have stated.
    I agree!
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

They would have to be physically mechanically rigged. I'm not saying they can not break done. The part that is not valid is you don't know how the manually filled out form was read. That electronic machine can be broken the entire time before anyone has a clue what is going on.

If I was the head of the Board of Elections the only interest taken would be the property/business owners best interest. Trust but verify. Do you look at your credit card receipt when making a purchase? Do you not ask for a receipt and just gamble on what the cash register said you purchased when each item was scanned?
    Yes, but the manual filled out form is stored there. There is an actual record of every vote made as well as the electronic tabulation. The problem you have with a receipt is that it can compromise the secret ballot and allow for voter intimidation. If you have a receipt someone can demand you show it to them to prove who you voted for.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Yes, but the manual filled out form is stored there. There is an actual record of every vote made as well as the electronic tabulation. The problem you have with a receipt is that it can compromise the secret ballot and allow for voter intimidation. If you have a receipt someone can demand you show it to them to prove who you voted for.
    That is already a problem I thought. You go to the polling station, sign the book before you vote and given a numbered sheet to fill out. They just cross reference the book and know how you voted.

I want to make sure my vote was read correctly. As anyone should.

That is already a problem I thought. You go to the polling station, sign the book before you vote and given a numbered sheet to fill out. They just cross reference the book and know how you voted.

I want to make sure my vote was read correctly. As anyone should.
    That is not accurate. The sheet is number in the book, but is on the other side of the perforation. Ballot comes off, number stays in the book. They have to be able to count the number of ballots used.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    That is not accurate. The sheet is number in the book, but is on the other side of the perforation. Ballot comes off, number stays in the book. They have to be able to count the number of ballots used.
    Correct. There are no identification numbers on the ballot. The only way they they could track who you voted for is if everyone that came to vote got their ballot and submitted it in chronological order. Not likely to happen.
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Consider this:

How many elections have the Democrats already won by cheating with votes from illegals?

Could control of the Senate in 2014 be decided by illegal votes cast by non-citizens? Some argue that incidents of voting by non-citizens are so rare as to be inconsequential, with efforts to block fraud a screen for an agenda to prevent poor and minority voters from exercising the franchise, while others define such incidents as a threat to democracy itself. Both sides depend more heavily on anecdotes than data.

In a forthcoming article in the journal Electoral Studies, we bring real data from big social science survey datasets to bear on the question of whether, to what extent, and for whom non-citizens vote in U.S. elections. Most non-citizens do not register, let alone vote. But enough do that their participation can change the outcome of close races.

Our data comes from the Cooperative Congressional Election Study (CCES). Its large number of observations (32,800 in 2008 and 55,400 in 2010) provide sufficient samples of the non-immigrant sub-population, with 339 non-citizen respondents in 2008 and 489 in 2010. For the 2008 CCES, we also attempted to match respondents to voter files so that we could verify whether they actually voted.

How many non-citizens participate in U.S. elections? More than 14 percent of non-citizens in both the 2008 and 2010 samples indicated that they were registered to vote. Furthermore, some of these non-citizens voted. Our best guess, based upon extrapolations from the portion of the sample with a verified vote, is that 6.4 percent of non-citizens voted in 2008 and 2.2 percent of non-citizens voted in 2010.
    Estimated Voter Turnout by Non-Citizens

2008 2010
    Self reported and/or verified 38 (11.3%) 13 (3.5%)
    Self reported and verified 5 (1.5%) N.A.
    Adjusted estimate 21 (6.4%) 8 (2.2%)

Because non-citizens tended to favor Democrats (Obama won more than 80 percent of the votes of non-citizens in the 2008 CCES sample), we find that this participation was large enough to plausibly account for Democratic victories in a few close elections. Non-citizen votes could have given Senate Democrats the pivotal 60th vote needed to overcome filibusters in order to pass health-care reform and other Obama administration priorities in the 111th Congress. Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) won election in 2008 with a victory margin of 312 votes. Votes cast by just 0.65 percent of Minnesota non-citizens could account for this margin. It is also possible that non-citizen votes were responsible for Obama’s 2008 victory in North Carolina. Obama won the state by 14,177 votes, so a turnout by 5.1 percent of North Carolina’s adult non-citizens would have provided this victory margin.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...mber-election/
    "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." --Barack Obama

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information