Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Snot nosed kid vs. Quinn

I just wonder how "all elected officials are bad is a productive way of thinking." I not saying that many are not terrible, but try to focus on what some of the better ones are doing to promote a positive change.

Max - there are other municipalities than Evans in Evans...Village of Angola

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MaxTresmond
    BigGuy! That's a great attempt at trying to force an answer out of two false conclusions. The real story is that I have worked for the committee, performing all tasks that did not require me to either a.) collect a petition or b.) vote to endorse a candidate.

I believe RedGT posed the question as to my candidacy in Evans. I have been around the Evans Town Hall during town meetings. I have not yet begun other campaigning yet. I certainly look forward to meeting you.

FreeBuffalo does not endorse candidates and Jim Ostrowski has not actually endorsed me. There should be no questioning Jim's pure intentions as to wanting to see real competition on the ballot.

Someone earlier asked a question with the word "economics" injected into the phrase. Are not the truest and purest markets the markets that are most free from government control and trust monopolies? Of course they are; otherwise henceforth come communism. Competition is the key to a productive, efficient, and free market.

Analogies, like I said before aren't perfect. I'm not arguing by analogy. In the political scene, single party control leads to oligarchy and dictatorships, wither extensional or tacit. It's even worse when the political power passes from father to son. Sounds to me a lot like something the Founding Father's held the greatest contempt for - roalty. Each person elected to office should be able to make it on their own, make it on their ideas, and make it on their capabilities alone.

The only criticism (what I had anticipated since I decided to make this race in August 2005) held against me by the opposition is my age. That isn't even a valid argument against me because I meet the rule to the letter of the law.

So, BigGuy, if you want to hold me to such a high level of scrutiny, hold my opponent(s) to the same level. That way, no matter which one of us wins the election, you the voter wind up the winner. Or maybe you're just a Republican Party guy blowing smoke to try and give me a disadvantage and spread a little bad spirit around. You may have attempted that, and probably thought you would get away with it unnoticed. But I was watching, and I always will be watching. Nice try (if those were your intentions - I don't know - I can't read your mind). But I'm an up front guy who doesn't hide in the dark asking someone else to go quell MY issues. When I don't like the way my community and neighbours are being treated, I acted on that and did something about it. You, on the other hand, hid behind a computer screen and sneered. It's that kind of attitude that's killing our region.

Cordially,
    Max Tresmond
    NYS Assembly Candidate, 146th District
    Boy, talk about throwing stones without picking out a real target! I guess I hit a nerve by questuioning your "experience" as a non-member of the Hamburg Democratic Committee.

First, I am not a "Republican Party guy blowing smoke" or "hiding in the dark asking someone else to go quell my issues". As you say, you don't know me, so please don't speculate without facts.

As far as I can see, the only way you have "not liked the way your community and neighbors are being treated and acted on that" is to issue a few press releases about running for the Assembly and played your violin on television.

Maybe you should get involved at home. Join the local volunteer fire company. Or the local Rotary, Kiwanis or Lions Club. Or volunteer for any other community group.

Maybe you should get involved at your college in the litany of groups there.

If you are elected, how could you maintain your studies and be a full time official? Or would you be part time and take the paycheck you razz Mr. Quinn for taking? I believe he is a full time guy.

You state you will be a part of the "Assembly Majority". Does that mean you will take orders from Mr. Silver of New York City, and be anti-business, anti-police (such as the Democratic proposal of making cops "shoot to wound"), anti-Senior (limiting health & medical benefits) and anti-homeowner, limiting STAR exemptions, rebates, and other programs advanced by the Assembly Democratic Majority?

I will let the voters of the 146th "hold you to the same scrutiny as your opponent", Mr. Quinn, this Fall.

I am confident they will do the right thing, and compare platforms, records, background and experience, and send you home wimpering.

"As far as I can see, the only way you have "not liked the way your community and neighbors are being treated and acted on that" is to issue a few press releases about running for the Assembly and played your violin on television."

Give the campaign a chance to develop. Everything is in the early stages yet. It's still Spring, and no endorsements have yet issued by the Democrat, nor have petitions been distributed. (Those go out on June 6th, my 18th birthday )

"Maybe you should get involved at home. Join the local volunteer fire company. Or the local Rotary, Kiwanis or Lions Club. Or volunteer for any other community group."

I actually had begun to become involved in a volunteer fire company as an Explorer when I was fourteen. I had wanted to remain in there. Multiple retinal detachments and operations had prevented me from remaining within that organization.
    "Maybe you should get involved at your college in the litany of groups there."

Already am.

"If you are elected, how could you maintain your studies and be a full time official? Or would you be part time and take the paycheck you razz Mr. Quinn for taking? I believe he is a full time guy."

School will be taken care of. It is none of your business how I choose to write my schedule outside of the time of legislative session.

"You state you will be a part of the "Assembly Majority". Does that mean you will take orders from Mr. Silver of New York City, and be anti-business, anti-police (such as the Democratic proposal of making cops "shoot to wound"),"

I am pro-police, pro-gun-rights as a member of the National Rifle Association.

"anti-Senior (limiting health & medical benefits)"

It was Pataki and his Republican ilk who worked against hospital reimbursements.

I will vote my conscience and advocate for the people. There is nothing you can do or say to show that a Republican assemblyman can get anything of substance passed. Period. Case closed. End of discussion.

"I will let the voters of the 146th "hold you to the same scrutiny as your opponent", Mr. Quinn, this Fall."

It isn't up to you to let anyone do anything. You aren't the bull of the woods around here. And so far, you have held Jackie to no level of scrutiny? Could you by any chance be a relative/friend/doner of his?

"I am confident they will do the right thing, and compare platforms, records, background and experience, and send you home wimpering."

Win or lose, I will NOT go home wimpering. Unlike people who hide behind their computers, fathers, or money, I am not one to stand in the corner and cower like you wish I would. Go home instead of being such a loudmouth blowhard, you have nothing positive to offer to the table. This isn't the only forum you've spent shooting your mouth off on. Your "hardball" facade in trying to attack me where you didn't think I would find you is nothing of the such; if anything it exposes your deep-seated insecurities that somone younger than yourself might win this seat. You really seem to be more unhappy with yourself than anything at all. In all sincerity, voting one way or another is one thing, but to discourage active participation of citizens in their society is despicable. The more and more young driven away from this area is ultimately going to raise your tax burden because the fewer people existing here will have to make up the difference of the cost.

Red,

Very true. As stated in my last post, this campaign is only starting to get on its way. Remember, its futile to campaign if you don't have your nomination, designating petitions to go around, literature, etc. The political calendar put out by the Board of Elections is preventing some of these things from taking place. I look forward to meeting you.

Max-

People on this site as well as others frequently discuss the youth of our area leaving over the years. Not only are you staying, but you are becoming actively involved in trying to make this area better. I commend your passion and the spirit of your efforts. Good luck.

I also look forward to meeting you. What is our system without good quality election races for local and state positions.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy
    Hey, Buffy, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Jack Quinn (the current version) is everywhere in his district. Very visible.

I don't know what Ed Rath III is planning, but I would put my $$ on your assumption. Not sure about the Giambra youth. Or Dennis Gorski's kids, for that matter.

However, one example of the "family connection" just isn't working. In West Seneca, Vince Graber Jr. is on the Town Board, where his father started before going to Albany. Junior can't spell Councilman yet, and it's his second term. Someone suggested he run for the Assembly. I don't think he could find Albany on a map.

I don't think you can just summarily dismiss these second, or third, generation public office people. Most have gone to school, worked in some background capacity, and then actually do a good job once they're in office (Quinn, Hoyt, Gorski, even Dale Volker are examples).

So, how can a 17 year old run against a 28 (or so) year old offering new, young leadership and energy? Just doesn't work for me.

These people have done a good job?(Quinn, Hoyt, Gorski, even Dale Volker are examples. Now I know where your bread is buttered.You are a taker.You love the public sector.You love high taxes becuase it benifites you. I just knew you were a schill.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466
    These people have done a good job?(Quinn, Hoyt, Gorski, even Dale Volker are examples. Now I know where your bread is buttered.You are a taker.You love the public sector.You love high taxes becuase it benifites you. I just knew you were a schill.
    What's a "schill"?

Not accusing or agreeing with anyone, just trying to help out with a definition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill#S...message_boards
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

Quote Originally Posted by JustRetired
    Not accusing or agreeing with anyone, just trying to help out with a definition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill#S...message_boards
    I am so sorry,I was so worked up that my independent thinking fingers put a C in Shill. Thanks for pointing out the error of my ways.

Cool

Boy, you're big on name calling. Recently, "schill". Last time, "bastards", "nazis", "monkeys", "liberals", etc.

I'm sorry you're so intensely bitter.

Name calling doesn't achieve any goals, especially making the political system any better.

Cool

Hey, did the violin kid drop out yet?

I haven't heard from him here on the posting since he accused Quinn of being a liar, and then said (when challenged about being a college student) that he could do whatever he wanted when it wasn't a legislative session day. Real touchy.

I guess he just has no clue what it takes to be a legislator, which has become a full time job for most reps. in Western New York.

If you agree with the current system or not, there are so many demands upon Assembly members and Senators (meetings, conferences, research, prep. for Session, constituent services work) that extend beyond the 9 to 5 to weekends and evenings. Then there are the political events, which take up even more time.

Add to that the commute to and from Albany every week, and it becomes more than full time for those who take it seriously.....

Max Tresmond was at the Free Buffalo fundraiser last weekend, looking spiffy in his suit, tie and brass-tone
    name pin. Max, who was the older gentleman with you?

I don't know Jack Quinn Jr., but I've observed enough about Jack Quinn Sr. to say, although probably legal & done honestly, he worked the system to his advantage...now he's showing Jr. the ropes. I don't hear PASSION in Jack Jr. hell, never heard passion in Sr. Jr may "fit in" better than Max - quite the club in albany, Jr. may have better photo ops with the former congressman - just remember - Jack Quinn Sr. wasn't a reformer by any stretch of the imagination. I think that's what we need in Albany - a reformer.

Cool

What's the definition of a "reformer"?

Mark Schroeder tried to buck the Democrats in Albany by not voting for Sheldon Silver as Speaker. As a result, he had no local office, phones, etc. for a number of months.

What will Mr. Tresmond do? The first time he votes against Mr Silver, he will be cut off at the knees. Then, his "being a member of the majority party in the Assembly", which he cites as a benefit he would have over Jack Quinn, will be worthless, as he will be an outcast with no ability to get anything at all done. That's how the Dems operate in the Assembly.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy
    Hey, did the violin kid drop out yet?

I haven't heard from him here on the posting since he accused Quinn of being a liar, and then said (when challenged about being a college student) that he could do whatever he wanted when it wasn't a legislative session day. Real touchy.

I guess he just has no clue what it takes to be a legislator, which has become a full time job for most reps. in Western New York.

If you agree with the current system or not, there are so many demands upon Assembly members and Senators (meetings, conferences, research, prep. for Session, constituent services work) that extend beyond the 9 to 5 to weekends and evenings. Then there are the political events, which take up even more time.

Add to that the commute to and from Albany every week, and it becomes more than full time for those who take it seriously.....

How does someone like Hillary have so much time to sort of do stuff which isn't related to being a Senator then?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information