Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Make sure you all watch WIVB today.

Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    This is getting so funny all this is coming from two people who support a guy that stole thousands from unemployment and a guy who thinks it ok to just loan out town own equipment to who ever comes a asking is this a case of don't throw stones if you live in a glass house
    All of which doesn't make cheating the taxpayer by Max (if that is what he did) any less reprehensible, does it?

WNY Resident started this post by stating Mary and Jerry ignored requests from Diane and Mark to investigate Frank Max..So will Mary, Jerry and Diane now investigate Mark Wegner after his WIVB comments last nite?

I'd agree with you 100%! So should Diane step down as a councilwoman or be banned from the town since she is now the Vice Chairman of the Democratic Party for Erie County. Maybe Angela can vote on this one and Diane can second it! Funny huh?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Watch Channel 4 news at 5 or 5:30. Might be the late news to.

It seems both Mary and Jerry were ignoring request by Diane/Mark to look into some funny business. You'll find out more on the news.

This is one of the MAIN reasons we need a rule set in stone for our town that no employee can be a party chairman. Would you bite the hand of the person who is the one that would give you support when elections roll around?

We should get Angela to put that back to vote again. Diane can second it.

Yes - she should remove herself from one other ! Then lets look at Depew and Lancaster next - if they hold a "Party Title" they should drop one position of step down from office - same with Town Attorneys, Town Clerks, Town Judges, Police Chiefs and Department Heads!

This should be equal enforcement - not a tool used in a selective enforcement way !
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The Party Chairman. Re-read my posts from the past. I actually didn't know there was a Vice Chairman of the Democratic Party.

Now I see why he may have picked Diane. You start to open a can of worms you have the party throw you a bone. Is that how it works 4248?

Angela should put the resolution back up and yes any council person who will put us property/business owners best interest first should second, support it. If not we'll see that they are still putting the "party's" best interest first not our town.

You'll see I don't play favorites.

Diane will have to make a choice if our town sets that rule.

No grandfathering. Period.

I couldn't have said it better! It does make you wonder the timing of the video and news article about Frank Max.
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    The Party Chairman. Re-read my posts from the past. I actually didn't know there was a Vice Chairman of the Democratic Party.

Now I see why he may have picked Diane. You start to open a can of worms you have the party throw you a bone. Is that how it works 4248?

Angela should put the resolution back up and yes any council person who will put us property/business owners best interest first should second, support it. If not we'll see that they are still putting the "party's" best interest first not our town.

You'll see I don't play favorites.

Diane will have to make a choice if our town sets that rule.

No grandfathering. Period.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm going to email Diane and just ask.

I think there is a big difference between an employee being prohibited from holding an executive position in a political party and an elected officials. In fact, I can't think of any good reason an elected official should not be allowed to hold an executive position in their party. They are elected. That is what political parties are for - getting people elected. The President has traditionally been viewed as the national leader of his party while he is in office. Why should it be any different for our local elected representatives?

If the majority of voters don't think a candidate can distinguish between what's best for the people who elected him or her versus what's best for the party, the answer is for the majority of voters to vote for another candidate. If the majority of voters think that what is best for the party is best for the town then it is the will of the people being expressed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information