Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UNDERAGE DRINKING PARTY at Patchin Firehall

If the people who are so upset about all these terrible issues - go join the Department and help straighten things out ?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by X Marks the Spot View Post
    I was informed that Chief Joe Gallagher of the Patchin Fire Company, gave permission for two of his members (both under twenty one) to host an underage drinking party at the Patchin Fire Hall last night. Erie County Sheriff's Department sent two patrol cars shortly after eleven PM Saturday night. Patrol arrived to discover at least a half dozen kids partying behind the firehall drinking alcohol. All attendees were under the age of twenty one. The two minors hosting the party are members of the Patchin Fire Company and claimed Chief Joe gave them permission to host the party.
    There have been several claims of underage drinking by Patchin members not only at the hall, but also at a convention in Harrisburg where members bragged their chief bought them beer and partied with them. Chief Joe tried to downplay the truth and there were no consequences to his actions.
    It appears Joe has lost control of his members and his fire company. He is an embarrassment to his fire company, our town, and is not a leader in any way, shape, or form. Hopefully Joe will do everyone a favor and resign as he has done NOTHING to help Patchin turn things around as promised and has been the center of many controversial doings. He has reached an all time low and gives our emergency services in town a black eye. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH JOE! Our town and it's residents deserves better! There MUST be an alternative... Any suggestions?
    The one and only X Marks the Spot.

You must have a really nice life if this is what you're worried about.

Don't get me wrong..it's against the law to drink under the age of 21 and what happened here should not have happened. That said, underage drinking is pretty damn common in WNY. I was going to bars when I was 15 years old. The two under 21 members are kids volunteering their time to the community. There be some consideration for that.

Also, it's a volunteer service. You don't deserve sh*t unless you actually volunteer. Can we find an X marking the spot at any volunteer house?

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent bystander View Post
    Since this thread has taking a turn into public safety I only feel it is time to point out a few things.
    1. Every hall has both highly trained and very new members. That's just a fact of life. We are not born into this world knowing everything. However the members take specific classes before they are qualified to be a internal fireman. There are classes to take before you have hands on patient care. Classes for auto accidents, scene safety, removing a person trapped in a car, traffic control, how to operate any of the equipment, and so on. If you feel you are better qualified, please come down and join your local hall.
    2. Volunteer fire halls are just that volunteer. This people leave their families at home at times when they could be enjoying them. They train weekly and hold meetings to better their services to the town. The younger members join to learn and grow to be these trained fire fighters you want in your town. Once again please stop down and watch a drill, take a tour or join.
    3. When a chief or any other member is out of town, well that is called life. Shouldn't everyone enjoy some time with family or have some fun? Also on that same note, do we need to set up a plan for when a chief is at his place of employment then? I mean he or she left district and won't be responding. How dare they leave us without protection we pay taxes for. Oh wait I believe I pay taxes that fund not one but three halls, so with that in mind, I'm sure someone will be there in my time of need. Once again if your worried about man power in your town, show up and join. Remember in politics you need to be a active part to solve a problem and not sit on the side lines complaining.
    4. Every hall has young members, most even have junior firefighters looking to become a active part of the town. Everyone hates the police or fireman that is until you need them and then that's your first call. I'm pretty confident also that someone was there in your time of need.
    5. Hanging out at a firehall doesn't mean your partying or doing anything wrong. People have bowling nights, softball leagues, dart, pool, leagues etc. these firefighters grow a brotherhood bond and hang out together. You depend on these brothers to save your ass if need be, and after seeing some of the horrific scenes and also being in these special situations together, they are also your support group. Many halls have club rooms and kitchens for the members to unwind in. Sometimes seeing cars at the hall late may also be that they are cleaning equipment, washing trucks, doing paperwork, cleaning the hall or doing routine maintenance on the equipment you depend on. Interesting tidbit for the general public, fireballs don't have magical staff to do these things for us. So besides responding to calls, cleaning, doing the paperwork after the calls, filing for grants, holding meetings, mowing our lawn, plowing, fueling trucks, washing trucks, and so on. Our free time and time we could have spent doing our yard work and spending with family we sacrifice to help the community.
    6. As for this threads actual topic, I still haven't seen any proof of drinking or a raging party going on. If it was a few members having a Bon fire with their chiefs permission what's the big deal? I mean hey the hall was staffed and ready to respond. Also this time period where this hall left the town unstaffed and in danger, there was a call. A EMS call, and they did respond, in fact they beat Boston EMS by around 10 minutes to the scene. Actually they usually do. Boston EMS was actually second on the scene for a call at the town park, and the have staff on stand by at their hall. I've even seen Rural Metro beat them to calls. But my gripe isn't about any hall specific.
    7. Lastly and most importantly, I didn't even know this site existed until two days ago, and I can honestly say, this whole thing is all about a pissing contest with people hiding behind screen names. I think it's all time we stop the childish name calling and blaming. Your only making everyone look bad and very unprofessional. Every hall has it's skeletons in there closets and pasts, move on and be professional. There is a reason members get voted in yearly to positions. Change happens all the time. As for members leaving halls and joining others, so be it. Who cares, the town is still safe and there is no tension in the hall then. So everyone reading this and thinking about how green I must be to the whole thing, remember I didn't call anyone out and I didn't attack anyone. I did make a general hit towards Boston EMS however it was only to show that even a staffed hall with members on stand by it still has no better response time.
    It's so nice to see someone actually making valid, legitimate points. Couldn't agree more!! Seeing all these threads and the bickering childish behavior, is almost enough for me to not want to even try to be involved. It scares residents away and makes a laughing stock out of all of us in our community.....

Thumbs up

Because it's not true worried 1....???? Don't believe everything you see on the internet. This is a public forum, where apparently our volunteer firefighters like to bash one another for the world to see.....lol
    I was at the last board meeting.... Where was everyone else???

Bravo - Well stated - Congrats to "Innocent bystander" as well -

Quote Originally Posted by smalltownpolitics View Post
    It's so nice to see someone actually making valid, legitimate points. Couldn't agree more!! Seeing all these threads and the bickering childish behavior, is almost enough for me to not want to even try to be involved. It scares residents away and makes a laughing stock out of all of us in our community.....
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Bravo - Well stated - Congrats to "Innocent bystander" as well -
    I'm not sure why you believe fireman are bashing each other? Sounds to me like Patchin members bickering on here making themselves look foolish. Also a few irate residents; for good reason tho

Naw, no good reason, except to be a gossip monger.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    Naw, no good reason, except to be a gossip monger.
    Your showing your age Frank

I'm not sure why you believe fireman are bashing each other? Sounds to me like Patchin members bickering on here making themselves look foolish. Also a few irate residents; for good reason tho
    I'm sorry this was just to easy to comment upon. Dan, I mean X aren't you the one to start this post? With that in mind, wouldn't this imply that you, yourself are a Patchin member? Lastly by this logic your just making a fool of yourself and the brotherhood. I hadn't replied previously because I like to feel I'm above this high school nonsense, and I stated my views. Obviously this site is all about twisting words and truths. I will give you some info however, I am not a cheif, or officer for Patchin fire department. I do belong to a hall though and have for the last decade.I find it truly sadinging that I go onto a towns politics website and all there is to read is dirt. Dirt that is all hearsay. I asked about a police report to the original topic, and still no reply. Whatelse has been gossip and half truths? I'm sure if I proactively dug for dirt I could find it everywhere and about everything. Don't always believe the internet, because unlike the commercial states; not everything on the internet is true. I'm sure X will put me back in my place soon enough and bully the page again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent bystander View Post
    I'm sorry this was just to easy to comment upon. Dan, I mean X aren't you the one to start this post? With that in mind, wouldn't this imply that you, yourself are a Patchin member? Lastly by this logic your just making a fool of yourself and the brotherhood. I hadn't replied previously because I like to feel I'm above this high school nonsense, and I stated my views. Obviously this site is all about twisting words and truths. I will give you some info however, I am not a cheif, or officer for Patchin fire department. I do belong to a hall though and have for the last decade.I find it truly sadinging that I go onto a towns politics website and all there is to read is dirt. Dirt that is all hearsay. I asked about a police report to the original topic, and still no reply. Whatelse has been gossip and half truths? I'm sure if I proactively dug for dirt I could find it everywhere and about everything. Don't always believe the internet, because unlike the commercial states; not everything on the internet is true. I'm sure X will put me back in my place soon enough and bully the page again soon.
    Have you been drinking again? Of course I started this thread. I was outraged when I heard about the underage drinking party. Many people are still outraged. Have there been any consequences to the members involved? I'm unclear who you think I am as your logic isn't all that logical. Must be the drinking. I'm still awaiting a reply to my message. I'll be waiting.

Many people are still outraged.
    Name one!
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Have breakfast in our local dinner or talk to our residents when your passing through Frank. You'll catch on quick.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information