View Poll Results: Which Town BoardMember do you dislike the most and why?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dennis G.

1 25.00%
  • James J.

2 50.00%
  • Jeff S.

0 0%
  • Tom J.

0 0%
  • Pat J.

1 25.00%
  • Alice M.

0 0%
  • James R.

0 0%

Thread: Cheektowaga Town Board

Cheektowaga Town Board

Which Do You dislike Most And Why?

Talking Why

The reason I am asking is for the fact I am comsidering a spot on the board next Election. I would even get a Apartment in the Town to do this.

Gabby would be my choice. He's been where he has been long enough and needs to step down to allow for fresh blood.

But good luck dislodging him. The senior citizens LOVE the guy,and so do the unions. Cheektowaga is all Dems all the time, which hasn't been healthy for the town.

Still, some outsiders who ran in the last election did surprisingly well. So maybe someone on the board could be vulnerable....

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    Gabby would be my choice. He's been where he has been long enough and needs to step down to allow for fresh blood.

But good luck dislodging him. The senior citizens LOVE the guy,and so do the unions. Cheektowaga is all Dems all the time, which hasn't been healthy for the town.

Still, some outsiders who ran in the last election did surprisingly well. So maybe someone on the board could be vulnerable....
    Fan,
    If it's not broke , don't fix it ! Who's complaining?

There are many times when fresh blood is needed,but IMO Gabby is doing a great job. Sure he has been in office for a long time, but he must be doing something right that the Residents re-elect him. Sure the Seniors love him, he works well with the employees and, yes, even the Unions. Does he give the store away? No, he does not, but at least he is approachable & accessable to people. Unlike another Town Supervisor!

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley
    Fan,
    If it's not broke , don't fix it ! Who's complaining?

There are many times when fresh blood is needed,but IMO Gabby is doing a great job. Sure he has been in office for a long time, but he must be doing something right that the Residents re-elect him. Sure the Seniors love him, he works well with the employees and, yes, even the Unions. Does he give the store away? No, he does not, but at least he is approachable & accessable to people. Unlike another Town Supervisor!
    I don't know about that. No one gave Gabby $5,000 in cash!

Just joking....

Smile Well!

Ive been approached by several HIGH RANKING people in the area asking me to think about it. I dont want SUPERVISOR either. I just retired dont want another fulltime job. Dont think I could touch Tom Johnson either...... But others I could and know I could touch!]

FACT!

Quote Originally Posted by CheektowagaFan
    Ive been approached by several HIGH RANKING people in the area asking me to think about it. I dont want SUPERVISOR either. I just retired dont want another fulltime job. Dont think I could touch Tom Johnson either...... But others I could and know I could touch!]

FACT!
    Your ability to run for any office is what this country is all about. If that is your desire to go for it, I say do it! and Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    I don't know about that. No one gave Gabby $5,000 in cash!

Just joking....
    Fan,

Good point

Quote Originally Posted by CheektowagaFan

FACT!
    NO ONE can touch Tom Johnson......that guy could talk forever, and ever, and ever, and ever, and ever, and ever..........

Hey, I'm not saying he is a bad guy at all. Actually, he's pretty progressive. But boy......he can sure talk! But at least he makes sense when he talks, and doesn't go underground (like gabby)when he is in uncomfortable territory.

I say: Go Tom!!! Just cut the talk a little, OK?

Isn't ChektowagaFan the same ex-Town worker (ie Union Member) who retired, said he was moving to Colden, then claimed to have bought a beachfront home from which he could "watch the dolphins"?

And people want him to run for Town Board??

And we wonder why things are so bad here?

Thread Information