Thread: New Housing project.

New Housing project.

I'm watching in disbelief the new (Barracks) that are being built in our Beautiful town. I don't know why our town leaders would approve these ugly plain boxes to be built. Take a look at the one's built in Orchard Park . There is no comparison. No style at all. Just ugly boxes. Any thoughts?

Any links?

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Will the barracks be functional? Sometimes there is no reason to over build something just to over build it.

I'd ask "hotchick" to post a pic, even a location, but I don't think we'll hear from them again, this barracks just may be a military barracks for all we know....
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

Brookfieldpatio.com

Call a bank, get some money and build your own apartment complex. Then it can look like whatever you want. Until then, I'm sorry to break it to you but you have no say in how it's built. What kind of madness are we creating when people think they have a say in what private developments or neighboring homes should look like?
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Many areas have restrictions on what can be built, how large, the "use", in certain areas "they" use to be able to control the color one could paint their home, or rotted parts had to be replaced "in kind", of course you know it's called Zoning Laws, their purpose is suppusedly to keep things or neighborhoods alike, no creativity, like no log homes in the middle of a "regular" frame home area, etc. No, we don't own our homes, not even our ideas for how they can be...
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15

I'm sorry to break it to you, but I never said I wanted any input on how it's being built. The town board did though and did nothing. Now we all get to look at an ugly project. What's next a Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by hotchick View Post
    I'm sorry to break it to you, but I never said I wanted any input on how it's being built. The town board did though and did nothing. Now we all get to look at an ugly project. What's next a Walmart.
    Sure you were. You also implied that 4 or 5 heads in a room should determine the architecture and style of every piece of private property in the town. It's absurd. When you build your own, then you can tell people what to do.
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by hotchick View Post
    I'm watching in disbelief the new (Barracks) that are being built in our Beautiful town. I don't know why our town leaders would approve these ugly plain boxes to be built. Take a look at the one's built in Orchard Park . There is no comparison. No style at all. Just ugly boxes. Any thoughts?
    Question.

What is built around that area? What type of homes?

What is ugly to one person is fine to another.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Question.

What is built around that area? What type of homes?

What is ugly to one person is fine to another.
    Res, go to brookfieldpatio.com, you'll see they're patio homes, one story, from what I saw on their website, they are still not roofed or sided, but may look quite nice once finished, as you said, people have different opinions, I love Victorians, but I have friends who hate because they say they look haunted, to each his own...

Add shingles, doors, windows, trim, siding, landscaping, grass, driveways... theyll look fine.

Let me geuss, the OP has never ever seen anything under construction? what did they think developers walk out into the middle of a field and plant a bunch of 'housing' seeds, water them once a week, and in 3 months up pops a fully completed house?

if it were only that easy
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Thread Information