Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clarence parents charged with hosting underage drinking party

Clarence parents charged with hosting underage drinking party

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...party-20140728
    Two parents were arrested Saturday after an anonymous tip led Erie County sheriff’s deputies to an underage drinking party at a their residence on Salt Road in Clarence.

Kenneth and Michalene Brusehaber were charged with giving alcohol to minors and endangering the welfare of a child, both misdemeanors. They are scheduled to appear in Clarence Town Court on Aug. 21.

Deputies said 45 teenagers were at the party, gathered around tables with alcoholic beverages, including three beer pong tables. The teens were released to their parents, with about 20 running off into the woods, deputies added.
    Worry about getting the heroin off the streets not a chaperoned drinking party.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...party-20140728

Worry about getting the heroin off the streets not a chaperoned drinking party.
    Yea, and it's on private property.
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Quote Originally Posted by NY The Vampire State View Post
    Yea, and it's on private property.
    So if a bar feeds booze to underage kids it's ok because it's on private property. Any parent who enables their kids in violating the law is an idiot. Were they gonna drive all 45 of these little cherubs home to mom & dad after getting them half in the bag?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I don't know why adults would risk being sued if a kid had an accident on the way home from the party unless it was a sleep over. Still why risk it.

Sounds cute that 20 scattered into the woods. I wonder where they went

When my son finished middle school my wife and I puzzled for weeks over an appropriate gift. Finally we settled on a beer pong table. Can't go wrong with that!

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    So if a bar feeds booze to underage kids it's ok because it's on private property. Any parent who enables their kids in violating the law is an idiot. Were they gonna drive all 45 of these little cherubs home to mom & dad after getting them half in the bag?
    What's the probable cause and where's the warrant to enter the premise? A bar by virtue of its liquor license is bound to not serve minors. What goes on in someone's private home is not open for the police to just invite themselves in.
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Short memories

Right here In Lancaster - and I definitely mean no disrespect.

One family had a nice graduation party for their son. They knew alcohol in moderation would be included - so rules were agreed to by all.

One rule was - you drink - so stay - you have a vehicle - you surrender your keys at the door. Everything went well and after a night of much fun - most were asleep in the basement area.

The next morning they found one young male in his car dead. Fact.

Now, does the family who sponsored the party have any responsibility - even if they don't - it changed everyone's lives and one ended.

Does it matter what caused his death - he gone !
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by NY The Vampire State View Post
    What's the probable cause and where's the warrant to enter the premise? A bar by virtue of its liquor license is bound to not serve minors. What goes on in someone's private home is not open for the police to just invite themselves in.

What world do you live in - the police can "invite" themselves in when ever they want - later the courts will find many reasons to justify their invasion. If you hire one of Buffalo's better lawyers - $10,000.00 cash will then excuse your actions and the police walk away because they did their job. That's the real world people !
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Wasting alcohol on kids is such a waste. Better to give it to the homeless.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Wasting alcohol on kids is such a waste. Better to give it to the homeless.
    Better still they could give it to you & me. I always thought the police got to act on a crime in progress which this clearly was because the kiddies fled into the woods and nowhere did it say they were in the house in any event.

So none of you ever drank before you were of legal age?
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    So none of you ever drank before you were of legal age?
    Wrong question.

The answer to the right question is that my parents never hosted underge drinking parties for me and my friends.

My uncle once told me, boozers are losers. Wish I had listened earlier. Been sober since June 24th 1987.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    My uncle once told me, boozers are losers. Wish I had listened earlier. Been sober since June 24th 1987.
    Good for you! I've been sober since I woke up this morning but it's getting late in the day! I drank before the legal age, got caught and the sheriff called my parents. They weren't enablers and I still get sh*t from my mother about it 40 years later. Today my friends & I would've been cuffed and arrested. (We should've been back then. My buddy was behind the wheel swigging from a gallon jug of cheap wine when we got caught. I moved away to go to school. Had I stayed I'd be as dead as some of my high school friends are. I was smart enough to get away or Lord knows where I would've ended up.) When I see stories about this kind of stuff it makes me wild because I think about what might've become of me had my parents been enablers. And by the way my parents weren't prohibitionists, they took a drink or two. Sometimes more!
    Last edited by grump; July 31st, 2014 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Can't spell

I've been sober since I woke up this morning but it's getting late in the day!
    You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
    Most of all I like bulldozers and dirt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information