Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheektowaga School Board announces tax decrease

I don't think Target attracts savages though. Just look at the Target in E. Amherst vs. The Wally World in Clarence. There is definitely a difference in cleanliness and atmosphere and they are less than a mile apart. They are pretty much the same store as far as the wide range of Chinese crap they sell. The town of Clarence says that they need to build a new police barracks and court, citing Wal-Mart riff raff as the cause. As a taxpayer I'd like to get to the bottom of it. If that's the case , Wal-Mart needs its own security to handle crime and they should transport the suspects right to the police station so us taxpayers aren't forced to babysit their zoo. When that new one opens in Lockport. .. look out
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Genoobie View Post
    Doesn't matter, as white flight takes hold in Cheektowaga property values are going to decline as anyone who is threatened by "those" people moves to Lancaster or elsewhere. Cheektowaga's test scores have been slipping for some time and since the good ol' boys of WNY want to use school "quality" as the selling point for property down she goes...
    The "good ol boys"? How should a young family with children or planning to have children decide where to live? "Let's look at the crappiest school system and move there honey, that way we can send our kids to private or charter school" That's just common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    The "good ol boys"? How should a young family with children or planning to have children decide where to live? "Let's look at the crappiest school system and move there honey, that way we can send our kids to private or charter school" That's just common sense.
    good observation! the 4 Cheektowaga school boards just don't see that they are not providing the same quality of education that Williamsville and Clarence are. they should consolidate to save tax dollars and have more money for programs for the kids

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by SabreTooth View Post
    good observation! the 4 Cheektowaga school boards just don't see that they are not providing the same quality of education that Williamsville and Clarence are. they should consolidate to save tax dollars and have more money for programs for the kids
    Here is the odd part. When consolidation is talked about the powers that be say it will end up costing us property owners more money.

If you have 4 super's making $125,000 + $20k+ for health care package + what ever towards pension contributions.... Let's say $160,000 a position.

You cut 3 and keep one. I'm pretty sure the work load for the actual super wouldn't increase because we see school districts with far more kids with one super compared to what the 4 districts each have.

So you go from $640,000 to $160,000.

I know I'm simplifying the situation but that is basically what it is. If one of the 4 do not want to be the super for one large district I'm pretty sure a replacement can be found.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information