Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: And the Worst President Since W II Is

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    Both Bush and Clinton were considered evil incarnate while in office (by the opposite party) and both those presidents were also during the Internet Age. Once you go further back beyond the 90's it seems more tame because we didn't have this worldwide banter going on, and the only time we heard ridiculous conspiracy theories was when our crazy uncle came to visit.

The internet and cable TV have altered politics for the worse. That's for damn sure. Sadly, 'MEDIA' has way too much control over politics in the US. This goes for both sides mind you.

That said, the use of ridiculous conspiracy theories is used way more than it actually applies. Essentially, anything that does not fall in line with what is being force fed by the administration in power is considered to some extent a ridiculous conspiracy theory. That is very bad on so many levels.

What happened in Benghazi is not what was sold to the public.
    The IRS stuff is not a conspiracy theory.
    The NSA stuff is not a conspiracy theory.
    The issues with immigration are deeper than what is being sold.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post

It has gotten completely out of hand.

The internet and cable TV have altered politics for the worse. That's for damn sure. Sadly, 'MEDIA' has way too much control over politics in the US. This goes for both sides mind you.

That said, the use of ridiculous conspiracy theories is used way more than it actually applies. Essentially, anything that does not fall in line with what is being force fed by the administration in power is considered to some extent a ridiculous conspiracy theory. That is very bad on so many levels.

I don't disagree that those are all problems, except that often a "conspiracy" is more like a run of the mill scandal or even just a big mistake that's blown out of proportion. Also some of those points span administrations. It's nauseating to read the same posts from the same people trying to pin every issue as some sort of conspiracy of the current administration, when those issues actually started during previous administrations led by a completely different party. The problems with the NSA and Immigration didn't start with Obama and it's no conspiracy of the Democratic party. If someone wants to take it to the next level of looniness an call out the Illuminati, have at it. But putting the blame on only one side of the aisle all the time is just plain ignorant and lazy on their part.

I don't disagree that those are all problems, except that often a "conspiracy" is more like a run of the mill scandal or even just a big mistake that's blown out of proportion. Also some of those points span administrations. It's nauseating to read the same posts from the same people trying to pin every issue as some sort of conspiracy of the current administration, when those issues actually started during previous administrations led by a completely different party. The problems with the NSA and Immigration didn't start with Obama and it's no conspiracy of the Democratic party. If someone wants to take it to the next level of looniness an call out the Illuminati, have at it. But putting the blame on only one side of the aisle all the time is just plain ignorant and lazy on their part.
    Yes, the IRS targeting scandal of Obama's personal enemies happens all the time. And the Benghazi attacks weren't a big deal. And illegal alien kids from central america have always been invading the southern border by the tens of thousands.

Great insight!!!!!!

Idiot.
    "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." --Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan2009 View Post
    Yes, the IRS targeting scandal of Obama's personal enemies happens all the time. And the Benghazi attacks weren't a big deal. And illegal alien kids from central america have always been invading the southern border by the tens of thousands.

Great insight!!!!!!

Idiot.
    Nice strawman deflection. I never said it happens all the time, or that it isn't a big deal. I'm saying their are lots of scandals and political/intelligence/military mistakes throughout our history, but it's your personal obsession with right-wing hysteria that makes you think the current scandals are somehow exponentially worse than anything done under any other president. You really think this IRS scandal is worse than Watergate? You really think the intelligence and political failures of Benghazi are worse than 9/11 or Somalia?

But anyway, I'm glad you think I have great insight.

Also, nice touch with signing your name at the end of your post. Classy.

conspiracy
    noun
    a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.

scandal
    noun
    an action or event regarded as morally or legally wrong and causing general public outrage.

What happened at Benghazi, at the IRS and with the NSA are clearly NOT run of the mill scandals.

You're correct that what happened at the NSA did not start with the Obama administration. However, it came to light while Obama was in office AND the way his administration dealt with the issues after they came to light is what I have the problem with. Furthermore, Benghazi and the IRS are clearly 100% in his administration.

This is magnified for me personally because of all of the BS he sold on the campaign trail about transparency and being different. What's amusing to me is that people like yourself will make claims that issues like this span multiple administrations but are unable to admit that the Obama administration is just as bad as the previous. It's the hypocrisy that's the problem.

You claim that people are trying to put blame on one side of the table but it's pretty damn clear the left is unable to accept any blame at all.

Nice strawman deflection. I never said it happens all the time, or that it isn't a big deal. I'm saying their are lots of scandals and political/intelligence/military mistakes throughout our history, but it's your personal obsession with right-wing hysteria that makes you think the current scandals are somehow exponentially worse than anything done under any other president. You really think this IRS scandal is worse than Watergate? You really think the intelligence and political failures of Benghazi are worse than 9/11 or Somalia?

But anyway, I'm glad you think I have great insight.

Also, nice touch with signing your name at the end of your post. Classy.
    What is upsetting is that this was supposed to be the hope and change president destined to steer us away from the evils of former administrations....it's worse now and we have less freedom and drift further waway from our consititutional republic. Just for the hell of it go back and read some of Jefferson's work,, our founding fathers would not recognize our country today.

What's amusing to me is that people like yourself will make claims that issues like this span multiple administrations but are unable to admit that the Obama administration is just as bad as the previous. It's the hypocrisy that's the problem.

You claim that people are trying to put blame on one side of the table but it's pretty damn clear the left is unable to accept any blame at all.
    That's because of the huge imbalance on this website. People here think I'm liberal because I'm always attacking their fanatical rightwing opinions. But if there were actually legitimate debates going on, there wouldn't be a need for that. Despite what Idiot thinks, I'm no Obama fan boy. I totally would admit that Obama is as bad as any previous president. I don't think he's Great at all. I just think he's average. He's done a lot to continue and promote Bush's policies. Which is why I find it so amazing that the Right Wing conspiracy nuts that loved Bush now attack Obama on every little detail. Obama is almost a Bush Version 2.0 with a Democrat hat on.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    What is upsetting is that this was supposed to be the hope and change president destined to steer us away from the evils of former administrations....it's worse now and we have less freedom and drift further waway from our consititutional republic. Just for the hell of it go back and read some of Jefferson's work,, our founding fathers would not recognize our country today.
    Let's face reality: Our founding fathers wouldn't recognize our country at any time past the start of the Civil War. As far as campaign slogans, that's all it was... a slogan. The right seems to find an unfulfilled campaign slogan as shocking, yet it happens with every president. Clinton the was New Covenant. Bush2 was supposed to be the Compassionate Conservative. I think anything Bush2 promised went right out the window after 9/11. Heck, Bush1 was "No New Taxes". Are we really going to obsess over an empty phrase like "Hope and Change"? It doesn't even really mean anything substantial to begin with.

That's because of the huge imbalance on this website. People here think I'm liberal because I'm always attacking their fanatical rightwing opinions. But if there were actually legitimate debates going on, there wouldn't be a need for that. Despite what Idiot thinks, I'm no Obama fan boy. I totally would admit that Obama is as bad as any previous president. I don't think he's Great at all. I just think he's average. He's done a lot to continue and promote Bush's policies. Which is why I find it so amazing that the Right Wing conspiracy nuts that loved Bush now attack Obama on every little detail. Obama is almost a Bush Version 2.0 with a Democrat hat on.

Let's face reality: Our founding fathers wouldn't recognize our country at any time past the start of the Civil War. As far as campaign slogans, that's all it was... a slogan. The right seems to find an unfulfilled campaign slogan as shocking, yet it happens with every president. Clinton the was New Covenant. Bush2 was supposed to be the Compassionate Conservative. I think anything Bush2 promised went right out the window after 9/11. Heck, Bush1 was "No New Taxes". Are we really going to obsess over an empty phrase like "Hope and Change"? It doesn't even really mean anything substantial to begin with.
    Exactly! Well said!
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Just because you don't like Obama does not equal your position on the political spectrum. My opinion of you is based simply on the words you use.

What you're missing, at least from my perspective, is it's not about Obama. It's about those who followed him. There is a huge difference between what happened with Clinton, Bush1, Bush2 and Obama. That is how much people bought into the slogan, literally millions went head first into that pile of **** and now are simply incapable of admitting they were wrong.

Seriously. Some people went so far down the rabbit hole they simply don't have the courage to say they were wrong.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I wonder what Oprah thinks of his performance.

For what its worth, the issue with targeting of political opponents through the irs is a new low for an administration. I can't remember any other administation doing anything to that same extent. It is something you would see in a banana republic in some third world totalitarian state.
    One planet, one life.

I need to state this - "He is not the worst President ever" in my opinion.

He just actually believes he's in control of what the controlling majority in Washington does. He has no choice but to do what he does best - say what ever it takes to cover their actions and agenda. He's truly devoted to being the ultimate "Talking Head".

So given that - can he truly be judged against all other Presidents - some had true reform ideas to help our Country - some actually felt the burdens of working people - some actually served in our military - some had actual jobs - well OK he worked at a ice cream shop - but you get the point.

Its unfair to compare him to all past Presidents. I am a Republican and voted for Bush - and to be honest - he was not the sharpest tool in the White House shed either !
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information