Thread: Fantastic weekend on the North Country Trail

Fantastic weekend on the North Country Trail

I just got back from a fantastic two day backpacking trip on the North Country Trail in Allegany State Park. The park is an exceptional outdoor resource but most people who visit the park don't venture onto the many trails. We hiked 17 miles in the two days we spent on the trail and saw only a half dozen other hikers.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Was excellent weather to be outside.

pictures or it didnt happen
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Come on now - to be fair he talked about similar hikes/walks in the woods last year. -

There's a bunch of former alter boys who go with him - Lawyer Alter Boys -

Running joyfully together singing Obama camp songs through the woods -

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't know how I'm gonna sleep tonight - !!!!!!
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

haha I tried hooking up, but he hosts PRIVATE hikes on a PUBLIC meet up group, figures... does not even have the courtesy to answer emails.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    haha I tried hooking up, but he hosts PRIVATE hikes on a PUBLIC meet up group, figures... does not even have the courtesy to answer emails.
    ????...

Is there no limit to your imagination? Given your penchant for imaginary invisible beings I can understand how you've lost touch with reality.

I do belong to the Foothills and Fingerlakes trails club. They are private clubs, but membership is open to everyone willing to pay the dues. I don't run those clubs.They do post hikes open to the public but it is just a show up and hike system - no email involved.

This weekend's adventure was with friends outside of those clubs. We were celebrating the summer solstice. Your insistence that there have only been 7000 of them would have provided some humor for the group so maybe we should have invited you.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    It makes my heart soar like an eagle to hear how much you are enjoying God's beautiful creation! :.)
    However it got there, we all need to be diligent to keep it that way. The park is building many new multi-bedroom cabins that rent for $700 per week, and they are filled almost as quickly as they can be erected.

I'm not against those types of accommodations but I'd hate to see all the traditional cabins replaced with them. It's getting harder every winter to find a cabin with a wood stove in the park, as most have been converted to propane heat.

Thread Information