Thread: I thought going to a three member board

I thought going to a three member board

was to restore civility to the board. So why this from the West Seneca Bee:

As of late, West Seneca Town Board meetings have become increasingly volatile, with officials and residents often acting like children arguing over toys in a sandbox.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

As of late, West Seneca Town Board meetings have become increasingly volatile, with officials and residents often acting like children arguing over toys in a sandbox.

Good for the Bee for speaking out to the general public what a joke these meetings turn into, it is almost shameful. The money saved by eliminating 2 board members vs. the
    representation lost is incomparable. It is beyond me how that was first voted into law, and then voted on again and still held. People need to wake up and see how ridiculous it is that we only have 3 leaders. It is too easy to gang up on an individual (which has been so clear to see these past few months), and with a town which exceeds 44,000 residents how it is possible for 3 board members to possibly tackle all our wants and needs.

To the Bee, i hope you keep up the good work and keep properly reporting on what circus these meetings can develop into.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    3 is too few. I said that in the past. My opinion 5 seats seems workable. I don't think you need 7 . 7 might be fine if the duties were explained why there was a need for 7.

3, 5, 7, 9, the amount is a non issue, when adults act like children, you only need to look at the adults as the cause. When we have gadfly's polluting everything, making mountains out of mole hills, what do you think will happen? The average gadfly is a child in nature, having no comprehension as to their damage they do, all the while thinking they are the savior of society. In reality just a complainer, moving from one issue to another. It is a sickness like hoarding is. A mental illness of sort.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Maybe if the Bee and Sun started reporting on the nepotism and hiring of relatives to town positions, ( Gene Hart two relatives). Meeting before the January town reorganization (Hart, Hanley and who knows who else attended) to discuss how and whom the town would hire for key positions. Town Atty. Controller, Accounting firm, Planning board . Town politics discussed at Lion Club events with hirings from within the Lions club . Attempting to hire an individual to a town highway department with two DWI convictions over the objections of the Highway Superintendent. Controller who reportedly placed a recording device in town. offices for what purposes, and what Town official knew this. Town planning board member who accepted Super Bowl tickets from a developer as a gift. The Bee and Sun should do more than just sit at meetings, ask questions and report, investigate, stop being a tool

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    3, 5, 7, 9, the amount is a non issue
    It is an issue.

Remember the only qualification to be on any town board is one more vote than the person you are running against. That is basically all it takes.

You get 2 people with the same mind set the third person might as well not even bothering being there. You know I'm frugal when coming to spending other people's money. The cost per home/business owner is minimal to have 5 council people versus 3 as long as previous town boards didn't get greedy. Do the board members in WS get lifetime health care if they are elected a couple of times? My opinion is that is a bit much and needs to stop if so. I'm assuming the Town Board in Cheektowaga has been responsible to the home owners and put and end to that.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by SOMETHING SMELLS View Post
    Maybe if the Bee and Sun started reporting on the nepotism and hiring of relatives to town positions, ( Gene Hart two relatives). Meeting before the January town reorganization (Hart, Hanley and who knows who else attended) to discuss how and whom the town would hire for key positions. Town Atty. Controller, Accounting firm, Planning board . Town politics discussed at Lion Club events with hirings from within the Lions club . Attempting to hire an individual to a town highway department with two DWI convictions over the objections of the Highway Superintendent. Controller who reportedly placed a recording device in town. offices for what purposes, and what Town official knew this. Town planning board member who accepted Super Bowl tickets from a developer as a gift. The Bee and Sun should do more than just sit at meetings, ask questions and report, investigate, stop being a tool
    This can all be confirmed?

Who was trying to hire an individual with two DWIs if the Highway Superintendent objected? Wouldn't they make the choice to a point because the individual would be working under them? Seeing there were 2 past DWIs wouldn't you worry about that person driving highway equipment?

Wouldn't superbowl tickets be far over the limit of acceptable gifts to anyone on the planning board?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    It is an issue.

Remember the only qualification to be on any town board is one more vote than the person you are running against. That is basically all it takes.

You get 2 people with the same mind set the third person might as well not even bothering being there. You know I'm frugal when coming to spending other people's money. The cost per home/business owner is minimal to have 5 council people versus 3 as long as previous town boards didn't get greedy. Do the board members in WS get lifetime health care if they are elected a couple of times? My opinion is that is a bit much and needs to stop if so. I'm assuming the Town Board in Cheektowaga has been responsible to the home owners and put and end to that.
    In the content of this thread as for there being rudeness at meetings it is a non issue.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Thread Information