Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amherst PD speed trap on Millersport

Amherst PD speed trap on Millersport

Headed north just after Grover Cleveland becomes Millersport in that plaza past the sunoco station. Yesterday it was a marked car, today it was unmarked and was there at 8:30 on my way to work and 6:30 on my way home

remember, the speed limit is still only 35 there even though it's 4 lanes with a turning lane
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Unregistered
    Last month, there was an article in the Amherst Bee about this. They received a grant to pay for overtime.

Their targets were going to be red light runners and speeders on Millersport Hwy.

You're right about it being a trap. That part of Millersport should be 45mph.

or at least 40
    35 makes sense where it's still Grover Cleveland as it's more residential and has no turning lane. but once you cross the 6 way intersection it needs to increase
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Call dispatch and tell em the Tim Hortons is on fire and then put it to the

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    Last month, there was an article in the Amherst Bee about this. They received a grant to pay for overtime.

Their targets were going to be red light runners and speeders on Millersport Hwy.

You're right about it being a trap. That part of Millersport should be 45mph.
    If you are not breaking the law, you have nothing to fear. Besides you'll use less gas anyways, which mean you are spending less money.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRightView View Post
    If you are not breaking the law, you have nothing to fear. Besides you'll use less gas anyways, which mean you are spending less money.
    I haven't received a ticket since I was a kid.

If you are not breaking the law, you have nothing to fear. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG now THATS funny!Besides you'll use less gas anyways, which mean you are spending less money.
    Wrong AGAIN!

In most 5 speed vehicles, 5th gear kicks in at about 42 mph. So at 35 you will use MORE GAS than at 35. Reason being, your in 4th gear, not 5th. If you watch your RPMs you will notice you will go from about 2000RPMs at 35 and drop to 1500 or so at 45.

Also, you dont HAVE TO break the law, or even BEND the law for LEO's to harass you and piss you off.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    Wrong AGAIN!

In most 5 speed vehicles, 5th gear kicks in at about 42 mph. So at 35 you will use MORE GAS than at 35. Reason being, your in 4th gear, not 5th. If you watch your RPMs you will notice you will go from about 2000RPMs at 35 and drop to 1500 or so at 45.

Also, you dont HAVE TO break the law, or even BEND the law for LEO's to harass you and piss you off.
    I drive stick. I can shift into 5th at 35 mph.
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    Wrong AGAIN!

Most but not all..so I am right; it just depends on what junk you may be driving and whether or not you own a standard or not.
    I've learned that if you go looking for trouble you will find it, you must look for it a lot with LEOs. I've never had a problem with LEOs.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

It's astonishing when someone complains about speed enforcement and what they believe the speed limit "should be" on a certain stretch of highway. A high school education or GED doesn't qualify you as a Highway Traffic Safety Engineer.

The small-minded, selfish hypocrites that complain about "speed traps" are often the same ones to complain about lack of enforcement when cars speed down their street.

Unregistered
    I stand by my earlier statement. That section of Millersport Highway "SHOULD BE" 45 MPH.

It's a speed trap to catch the people who just exited the 290. Most reasonable people will admit that it's not easy to adjust from 55 MPH to 35 MPH, especially on a 4 lane HIGHWAY.

I guess it gives the wannabe suburban cops something to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaneysGotaGun View Post
    It's astonishing when someone complains about speed enforcement and what they believe the speed limit "should be" on a certain stretch of highway. A high school education or GED doesn't qualify you as a Highway Traffic Safety Engineer.

The small-minded, selfish hypocrites that complain about "speed traps" are often the same ones to complain about lack of enforcement when cars speed down their street.

Sorry. You're wrong. That stretch of road should be a higher speed limit.

Go drive through New Hampshire sometime and endure the speed limits there and see if you still make the same statement.
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

"If you are not breaking the law, you have nothing to fear."
    For God's sake could you PLEASE COME UP WITH A NEW CATCHPHRASE?

Because even "good citizens" and other non-law breakers are sick and tired of hearing this patronizing, condescending crap;
    "If you are not breaking the law, you have nothing to fear."

Its an empty phrase that you've (PD) turned into a mindless mantra**
    and aside from being totally insulting, there's no need for law enforcement to EVER have to use the word "FEAR" to "reassure" and placate a worried public.

How's about:
    "We can maintain respect, professional distance and authority while NOT talking to the public as if they were all ignorant children who SHOULD learn to "fear" authority."

**From Bill Hicks
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Quote Originally Posted by keyboard150 View Post
    Sorry. You're wrong. That stretch of road should be a higher speed limit.

Go drive through New Hampshire sometime and endure the speed limits there and see if you still make the same statement.
    Try Rhode Island... most roads are 25 and the "highways" are 45 or 55 tops!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post

I guess it gives the wannabe suburban cops something to do.
    You don't realize how busy the Amherst Police actually are handling serious calls. It's unfortunate the most people think that Amherst is one of the safest cities in the country.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information