Thread: Depew Village Board decries blame game for loss of Depew library sale

Depew Village Board decries blame game for loss of Depew library sale

Am I missing something here? Doesn't this article contradict everything that's been published in the lancaster du-BEE-ous? Isn't it contrary to everything the Geezer's been saying about the library and the depew village board? Is it possible that the Geezer's been lying and, instead of checking facts, lisa lickspittle's been passing on the geezer's lies?
    The town board creates the problems and when the residents complain, the town board tells them it's the resident's fault.

A little help here please

As I wrote in the commentary: "Mayor Alberti brings up an interesting point. If the price of the building was lowered from $400,000 to $325,000, shouldn’t its sale have been put out for bid – as was done in earlier sale considerations?

Can the town sell a piece of property without putting it up for public bid; especially after lowering the asking price?

Wouldn't you think there should be a public hearing on the matter?"

Do these questions have merit or am I out to lunch here?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post

As I wrote in the commentary: "Mayor Alberti brings up an interesting point. If the price of the building was lowered from $400,000 to $325,000, shouldn’t its sale have been put out for bid – as was done in earlier sale considerations?

Can the town sell a piece of property without putting it up for public bid; especially after lowering the asking price?

Well, can the town approve a SEQR without a public hearing? No. But they did.

Does the town have to put the library up for bid? They had to last time they got an offer, why don't they have to do it the next time they get an offer?

Why did the price drop dramatically? Haven't you heard, the price of real estate is way, way down. Especially in lancaster. NOT!
    The town board creates the problems and when the residents complain, the town board tells them it's the resident's fault.

Does the town have to put the property out to bid? In the past, every time the town has disposed of property, they've put it out to bid. They put the library out to bid for Southeast. So why didn't they put the library out for bid to Parisi?

Why the drop in price? I'll answer that question with another question. Why did the town buy the colecraft building from the head of the IDA, who just happened to be the president of Colecraft?

Question I bet that Giza doesn't want this asked at Board Meeting!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post

I'm unable to attend board meetings due too health issues but I would give one SSI check to hear the answer to the question Why and How the did that, Giza and the board had to okay it and at that price how many other buyer's might have looked at the building as a merit to purchase . $75,000.00 discount is a lot of money, and MAYBE okay by the Village Board. I bet Ms. Johnson wouldn't ask that question. Giza standard answer will be Not important and we had a good offer and the Village screw us!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post

I'm unable to attend board meetings due too health issues but I would give one SSI check to hear the answer to the question Why and How the did that, Giza and the board had to okay it and at that price how many other buyer's might have looked at the building as a merit to purchase . $75,000.00 discount is a lot of money, and MAYBE okay by the Village Board. I bet Ms. Johnson wouldn't ask that question. Giza standard answer will be Not important and we had a good offer and the Village screw us!!!!!
    Hey hawkman, if you check the Depew Village thread you would see no one really gives a crap. Especially dog crap!

Isn't it usually the Depew Village vote that comes in last and heavily favors the Supervisor and/or his minions? Why is that when it appears the village gets little respect from the town?

Maybe that too can change????????

I hope the new Admin will keep a closer watch on the process. For years they had the likes of Kuz and friends controling those polls.

The dog pound issue should help opens some eyes as well.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Thread Information