Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Results of Buffalo School Board vote

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    If the funding comes with them bring it on. In fact many Buffalo residents already try mightily to get ther kids in the Amherst district so they can learn something instead of being victimized. Personally, I'd welcome them as long as the aid came with them. It's the only chance many if these kids might have... an education in a district where the faculty's main concern doesn't revolve around protecting its insurance for boob jobs and ass lifts. And it won't cost the city a nickel since the cost of the BPS is almost completely a charge against the taxpayers of NYS and not the City. Somehow I feel that if the people of Buffalo were paying for the abortion that is the BPS things would change quickly.
    Fantastic. Now you don't get to pick who comes to Amherst, can we agree? The students just come with their funding, correct? Suppose you just take a random sampling of district residents. Sounds fair? If you really believe this, let's get it in writing and propose this to the Amherst Central School Board. Seriously, unless you are just talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Genoobie View Post
    Fantastic. Now you don't get to pick who comes to Amherst, can we agree? The students just come with their funding, correct? Suppose you just take a random sampling of district residents. Sounds fair? If you really believe this, let's get it in writing and propose this to the Amherst Central School Board. Seriously, unless you are just talk.
    I would go even further. I would change state law (you and I both know proposing it to a school district is an empty gesture; it's governed by state law) to allow kids to take their aid (all of it!) to a district of their choice iand let the chips fall where they may. Probably would need some type of practical geographic limit. The Buffalo teachers would never object. The only thing better than teaching to a half empty classroom at full salary would be teaching to a completely empty one at full salary.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    I would go even further. I would change state law (you and I both know proposing it to a school district is an empty gesture; it's governed by state law) to allow kids to take their aid (all of it!) to a district of their choice iand let the chips fall where they may. Probably would need some type of practical geographic limit. The Buffalo teachers would never object. The only thing better than teaching to a half empty classroom at full salary would be teaching to a completely empty one at full salary.
    Sure. Please do, I'll send my poorest test takers out to Williamsville and let the teachers there show me how it's done.

Incidentally, if the kids take the aid then you'd lay off teachers, but really no problem for me. Go ahead. There wouldn't be teachers in front of an empty classroom because they'd be laid off. However, I don't think going from Buffalo to Amherst or Williamsville would be an unreasonable geographical distance.

Also, the charters in Buffalo, more or less, do what you envision but their results are about the same as their parent district. Please, do tell, these charters, freed from all those union thugs and union contracts and other union constraints, why aren't they blowing the doors off the test results?

As long as those students' results are averaged in with the district they attend, agreed?

I see Pam "Credentials" Brown has landed a job over in the Land of Fruits and Nuts. Good place for her... far away from here.

http://wivb.com/2014/09/15/former-bu...in-california/
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information