Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The issue of stink from kfc in the barnabas dr community is never ending battle

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Lets see - why wouldn't the Building inspector ----- call you back or any tax payer for that matter ?

1) He doesn't feel its part of his job to talk to tax payers or return their calls.

2) He is a employee and has been told by his Boss/Boss's not to take any actions against KFC . Who has that power ?

I am sure there's other excuses that could and will be used to excuse another tax supported Party Playin Employee from doing his job.

Maybe its like what has been said about "Town Attorney's" - they work for the local Politicians who appointed them - not the resident tax payer who pay their tax funded salaries and tax funded pension.

It never ceases to amaze me how many tax funded Village and Town workers/employees feel they work for the Party/Elected Official/the Committee instead of the resident tax payer who actually pays them.

But I was told I am in the minority of people who don't understand that fact -

Maybe some of the people running for Elected Office could chime in and explain how they feel about that ?
    This is so true

You know - I have been looking at the posted minutes of the Depew Trustees - as Trustee Nolder advised I should.

There doesn't seem to be a record of any public discussion on those code removals - nor was there any true factual reasons stating why they were removed/changed !

I believe they are supposed to factually state why they dropped them - they merely claimed they were vague and in conflict with other laws.

That doesn't clearly define or state "Which Laws" they conflict with or how. By dropping the air quality code - they did not state what law accomplishes the same thing - nor did they state clearly why these codes conflicted with state or federal law.

Once again it would appear that in their rush to stop court actions against a local business - they didn't act according to the law.

These people feel that as long as their Village Attorney tells them, "WE can do this" and they fear no chance of legal accountability - they do as they please.

Its a shame that they go bar to bar telling everyone what a great job they do - people vote for them.

Don't voters look at the Village as more than just a lost bit of real-estate - why do they accept this kind of government ?

They are taxed on their home values - while their taxes aren't spent to maintain their quality of life. The majority of Depews budget is spent on tax funded workers and appointed tax funded employees.

When residents ask for help - like with KFC - instead of helping the taxpayer - the "Trustees" change the rules to protect some ones business interests.

KFC is not alone in this matter - I believe this franchise has a local owner(I could be wrong) - I do believe the land is not owned by KFC - so there are more people behind the scenes that are being protected.

I do believe every one who voted for this code removal knows the truth - but they aren't talking because they know they are wrong.

Trustee Nolder stepped into this through his own naivety - he found out quickly - its not a issue he can deal with. Like the building/codes officer - he learned to not get to involved - it wont help your carreer.

This is what we get when we elect people from a developer financed group of Party Players.

Isn't it time for a change ?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

You know - I have been looking at the posted minutes of the Depew Trustees - as Trustee Nolder advised I should.

There doesn't seem to be a record of any public discussion on those code removals - nor was there any true factual reasons stating why they were removed/changed !

I believe they are supposed to factually state why they dropped them - they merely claimed they were vague and in conflict with other laws.

That doesn't clearly define or state "Which Laws" they conflict with or how. By dropping the air quality code - they did not state what law accomplishes the same thing - nor did they state clearly why these codes conflicted with state or federal law.

Once again it would appear that in their rush to stop court actions against a local business - they didn't act according to the law.

These people feel that as long as their Village Attorney tells them, "WE can do this" and they fear no chance of legal accountability - they do as they please.

Its a shame that they go bar to bar telling everyone what a great job they do - people vote for them.

Don't voters look at the Village as more than just a lost bit of real-estate - why do they accept this kind of government ?

They are taxed on their home values - while their taxes aren't spent to maintain their quality of life. The majority of Depews budget is spent on tax funded workers and appointed tax funded employees.

When residents ask for help - like with KFC - instead of helping the taxpayer - the "Trustees" change the rules to protect some ones business interests.

KFC is not alone in this matter - I believe this franchise has a local owner(I could be wrong) - I do believe the land is not owned by KFC - so there are more people behind the scenes that are being protected.

I do believe every one who voted for this code removal knows the truth - but they aren't talking because they know they are wrong.

Trustee Nolder stepped into this through his own naivety - he found out quickly - its not a issue he can deal with. Like the building/codes officer - he learned to not get to involved - it wont help your carreer.

This is what we get when we elect people from a developer financed group of Party Players.

people need to vote the corruption out. dissolve the Village would be the solution

We voted them out now lets see a change , maybe we can get some code enforcement officers that live in depew and not reside in west seneca . that would be fare .

Quote Originally Posted by vietnam1967 View Post
    We voted them out now lets see a change , maybe we can get some code enforcement officers that live in depew and not reside in west seneca . that would be fare .
    i agree

what ever happened with Joe C helping to fix this issue . i know he stated he was gonna help with the venting .What Happened

Apologies for the delay

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyday77 View Post
    what ever happened with Joe C helping to fix this issue . i know he stated he was gonna help with the venting .What Happened
    We have a drawing prepared for review by KFC. Unfortunately, I have been hospitalized for the last 7 weeks and am only now home for further recuperating over the next several weeks.

I strive to be assistive and a positive force in my community, however, often I am sidetracked with business issues; and in this case unexpected health issues.

I will get back on this when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cipolla View Post
    We have a drawing prepared for review by KFC. Unfortunately, I have been hospitalized for the last 7 weeks and am only now home for further recuperating over the next several weeks.

I strive to be assistive and a positive force in my community, however, often I am sidetracked with business issues; and in this case unexpected health issues.

Hope you get better prayers are with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cipolla View Post

sorry to hear . get well soon.

hey Vietnam1967 . maybe the new mayor can help with this issue. keeping the other codes enforced that the business breaking .I still have hope that someone will help with the venting issue. I see one of the stacks is still off the vent. whats up with that?

I still dont know how they got away with getting rid of that code .

Have you tried to reach out(calling) the new Mayor ? I would call the Village Hall and get the phone numbers of each new trustee and Mayor. Tell them your story and ask for a sit down to review why they removed the code/law.

Ask then to have the clerk bring up the related documents - they have to have the reasons why they removed the code. Ask for a copy of the State or Federal Codes/Laws they claim superseded your code. You don't need a lawyer for that - maybe whats called a FOIL request - the new trustees could help you with that.

Also ask the new Mayor to request the building inspector take a look - send a letter backing up your request - one to the Inspector and one addressed to the Mayor. Also request your letter be presented in the "communications" of the next Board Meeting under "Correspondents" - this makes it a legal part of their records.

Please let us know if they help !

Good Luck
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Have you tried to reach out(calling) the new Mayor ? I would call the Village Hall and get the phone numbers of each new trustee and Mayor. Tell them your story and ask for a sit down to review why they removed the code/law.

Ask then to have the clerk bring up the related documents - they have to have the reasons why they removed the code. Ask for a copy of the State or Federal Codes/Laws they claim superseded your code. You don't need a lawyer for that - maybe whats called a FOIL request - the new trustees could help you with that.

Also ask the new Mayor to request the building inspector take a look - send a letter backing up your request - one to the Inspector and one addressed to the Mayor. Also request your letter be presented in the "communications" of the next Board Meeting under "Correspondents" - this makes it a legal part of their records.

Please let us know if they help !

Good Luck
    I spoke with the Mayor before the he was won. About the issues with kfc . hope to hear from him again soon.

I had a meeting at my home today with the new Mayor of Depew to address the issues and codes . I hope I will get some help . I am lost on this issue and my stress is up because the warm weather is coming soon. Will I be able to open my windows and breathe fresh air? Happy Earth day .

Quote Originally Posted by vietnam1967 View Post
    I had a meeting at my home today with the new Mayor of Depew to address the issues and codes . I hope I will get some help . I am lost on this issue and my stress is up because the warm weather is coming soon. Will I be able to open my windows and breathe fresh air? Happy Earth day .
    Glad to hear you did get a meeting with him. Hope some action follows

Georgia L Schlager

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information